SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Angry with God

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
Leo_Grace

Re:

KingJimmy said:

Quote:
Sometimes, I think it is perfectly natural and ok to be angry with God. In fact, I think it is down right spiritual. If we can't get mad at Him, then it shows we probably aren't really in a strong relationship with him to begin with.

Really? That's like saying that it's spiritual for a believer to leave the light and walk in darkness for a while - that all believers should do this. I do hope you don't preach this heresy to others.

[i]1Co 13:4-7 [b]Love is patient[/b], love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. [b]It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered[/b], it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, [b]always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.[/b][/i]

Do you love God?

Quote:
But, we read of the prophets getting such towards God. Jeremiah was so bold as to call the Lord a deceptive and untrustworthy stream on one occasion.

And are you recommending this as a good example to follow? David was God's prophet and king, and he walked in darkness for a while when he committed adultery with Bathsheeba, and murdered her husband, one of his loyal mighty men. Since King David, the man after God's own heart, did this, is it then spiritual to follow his example?

Please pray before you answer.

2009/10/21 14:01Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings

Before I was saved(when I had head knowledge of Jesus only) I went through a time when I was angry with God. I went through some time of depression and rebellion towards the Lord feeling that I had endured so much heart ache and pain in my life that I had a right to be angry with God for allowing these things to happen to me. I can not even count the number of times when I cried about how unfair things were.

Thinking back on that now all I can say(for me personally) was what a bunch of "SELF" I was living in. Instead of seeking Him through those times I allowed self to rule my heart and I was sinning against the Lord with my attitude and choices. Now that I know Jesus and walk with Him, having a personal relationship with the person Jesus I am ashamed that I ever had those thoughts or attitudes. Now when I look to the cross and see all that He has done for me, all that He has endured for me, I realize that my painful experiences pale in comparison to His own by so much. I realize that even when I was in what I thought were my darkest hours Jesus was always with me. Even when I behaved as a spoiled demanding brat He was there correcting me,loving me, and caring for me. I have repented for ever thinking the thoughts that I had. Who was I to think that I had a right to demand anything of the Lord? His holiness, His righteousness is beyond my human understanding, how could I ever presume to stand before Him and hold anger toward Him as if He had done some kind of wrong to me? Now all I can see is my beloved Jesus on that cross, my sin having placed Him there, and my heart just weeps over my sin and weakness. His love for me is so consuming that I can not help but love Him in return.

God is so good though, and His love and mercy covers me and I know that He strengthens me during all of life trails. I have had times when I feel over whelmed and have come under attack, but I take those thoughts captive to the Lord now and I rejoice because He is faithful, He is capable, and He will see me through in all things.

God Bless
maryjane

2009/10/21 14:04Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
The anger I'm thinking of is not rebellion or wrath. It's the utter disappointment and heartbreak one feels when one expected God to do one thing, only to be served something else. . . . Jesus felt this in his ministry as He hung on the cross. "My God, My God, why have you forsaken Me?"

This does not line up, for Jesus [b]knew[/b] that He would be forsaken.

It is in the expectation that the problem arises and it is in the expectation that our selfishness is exposed. Our anger should be at ourselves, not God. It should be at ourselves for wanting anything that might be outside of the will of God. It should be at ourselves for not crucifying that which is of the flesh.

2009/10/21 14:05Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
If we can't get mad at Him, then it shows we probably aren't really in a strong relationship with him to begin with. Even Jesus felt this: "My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me?"

Are you saying Jesus was mad...as in angry?

2009/10/21 14:08Profile
rbanks

Re:

Heartsong I must say that I am in some agreement with you here. I haven’t commented in a while about anything on this forum but I felt a need to here.

Jimmy, I have enjoyed a lot you have written and realize that you are well schooled in many areas but I have also noticed you seem to have an answer to just about everything. I have notice that you can make a strong comment and reprimand just about anyone even David Wilkerson when you have not been able to walk in his shoes nor have you had the burden that he carries in the Lord. Now here you have made a judgment call concerning whether people have a strong relationship with the Lord.

Brother I have a strong relationship with the Lord, but I want it to be even stronger, and I would be afraid to make some of the comments you have made. I fear and Love God at the same time, and to have a strong relationship with Him, we would have to be living and walking in the Spirit. I don’t see how a person could be mad with God unless he was in the flesh. God does not operate according to our agenda so there should be no forcing God to do what we want him to do, for that would be of the flesh. We are to submit to God and not God submitting to us.

I don’t know why you would use the scripture were Jesus was asking his Father from the cross why He had forsaken him as to try to imply that He was mad with his Father. Again I would fear the very thought of wanting anyone to even think that way.

Brother you may know more about theology but I will have to disagree.

Blessings to all!

2009/10/21 14:13Profile

Re:

I think this may be going somewhere that it shouldn't. King Jimmy tried to qualify by stating this:

"The anger I'm thinking of is not rebellion or wrath. It's the utter disappointment and heartbreak one feels when one expected God to do one thing, only to be served something else."

It seems to me to be a response of desperation, a response that can come from coming to the utter brink of your humanity. Some people who have lost a loved one in a tragic situation can go through a period of wrestling with God based on utter heartbreak. It may be technically selfish but it's not not malicious rebellion. I remember one guy crying out 'Why!! Why!!' in response to his sons sudden and tragic death. He was breathing heavily and looked very angry... but in this emotion God stayed patient with him... God can see the beginning from the end... end from beginning so this was no shocker to Him. This is not condoning anger towards God but realizing our weakness and inability to always react in the most righteous and ideal fashion. I don't see anyone saying it's okay to go into malicious angry rebellion as if it is the hate of our heart towards God that drives our emotion. It is the acknowledgement of human weakness pushed to the limit and reacting out of that. Nothing premeditated, nothing malicious.

King Jimmy and Mary Jane are both saved by the grace of God DESPITE their anger. In this I rejoice. If this was/is a sin then who wants to throw the stone of their righteousness that took grace to forgive them of their sin... which the bible says is the same as breaking all the laws.

We are all examples of God's grace, anger that is exposed as King Jimmy described it, is not outside of this.

2009/10/21 14:26

why?

why is everyone getting on Jimmy?...or wait, excuse me, "rebuking" Jimmy? You might disagree with him, but......

Quote:
And are you recommending this as a good example to follow? David was God's prophet and king, and he walked in darkness for a while when he committed adultery with Bathsheeba, and murdered her husband, one of his loyal mighty men. Since King David, the man after God's own heart, did this, is it then spiritual to follow his example?

that's an example of why there is little profit of just unmasking one's self and being real and authentic on this forum. If you're not christian-ish, and say yes and amen to all the right and sound doctrine....

woe unto you, walter might descend upon you, call ya a "liberal", and pin the whole destruction of the Gospel message on your head, thats what he told me I'm responsible for.

:-o

we should be more easy with each other...or not.

2009/10/21 14:27

ccrider

nice post, you sure said that a whole lot better than I did.

2009/10/21 14:29
Leo_Grace

Re:

Quote:
"My God, My God, why have you forsaken Me?"

This was Jesus' cry of anguish, not of anger, as he felt the full weight of the Father's holy wrath.

2009/10/21 14:39Profile
IWantAnguish

Re: ccrider

Perhaps I have been approaching the Kingdom of God from the wrong direction...

God commanded the Old Testament prophets to preach to the kingdoms of Israel and Judah, a message of repentance... while He knew they would not repent.

Jesus stood outside of Jerusalem, and cried out, 'O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you would not!.'

My question was, how do we resolve the tension of the Father's role of election, and the sovereign work of the Spirit of God, and prayer for the souls of loved ones who will not turn to the Truth...

What I have learned so far from scripture is that prayer is an attitude of approach to the throne of God, opposed to attempting to change the will of God...

Maybe I really am a humanist at heart, preaching the word of God more for the salvation of people rather than God being glorified through preaching whether people go to hell or not...

2009/10/21 14:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy