SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Hey guys, need more help

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Jdl

Hey guys, need more help

I hope I'm not bothering you guys with all my posts...but I need some help with something else because I'm a bit scared...in an effort to get my beliefs in God and Christ back on solid ground, and to battle my doubts, I stumbled across the whole biblical numbers/code thing...at first I thought it would be something that can bolster my faith in the true God...however, I realized it isn't like that at all...Now I fear I won't even be able to read the Bible without thinking "is there some sort of hidden code beneath all these words that reveals the actual truth?" What have I done to myself? I feel like my mind and my thoughts have been poisoned and in my search for God I feel farther than when I started...Please, please help my weak mind to refute this stuff...any words? I would much appreciate it

2009/10/19 12:31Profile

Re: Hey guys, need more help

Well i recommend number one thing become fully devoute to God, separate from the things of the world t.v, video games, hollywood movies, hanging out with ungodly friends, get in the word of God, prayer, all things of God but wait upon the Lords spirit to come to you to empower you because you can do nothing without him or you will tire out in the flesh, look to the cross of Jesus Christ who has defeated all of this on the cross by taking your sin on the cross and now if your in Christ you our crucified with him, that is if you our truly born again.

2009/10/19 12:56
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

Our God does not hide truth from His people. The Scriptures have a plain meaning, and there are not hidden codes in the Scripture.

In an effort to find out if there were codes in the Bible, researchers found that they could make "codes" out of any book that was long enough - Moby Dick for example.

With care in Christ...

2009/10/19 13:02Profile
Leo_Grace

Re:

Jdl,

Perhaps you try to take too many things into consideration. It is good that you are striving to feed on the Word, but in doing so it appears that you try to reconcile so many things with each verse, that you are unable to proceed. You need to focus on one thing only - understanding the love of God as made evident through Jesus, His Son. Seek for this alone and everything else will fall into place.

In Christ,
Leo

2009/10/19 13:14Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

it is good to fear the scriptures, or rather he who inspired them, but i for a season also had fear that i could not understand certain things, some passage etc or a verse in peters epistels or so.

but I have later come t the conclusion i should fear much more the parts i do have a clear understanding of, the parts i have no light in, may it be a clear one or a passage it would take some maturity, not meaning length here, but some maturity in him to grasp. I feel we need fear more the parts we fully understand, so we can obey them with the power of the spirit.

If i spend time on fearing and worrie about things i dont understand is a bit waste of time, often leads into rabbit trails of confusion and frustration.

I would advice to look more at those parts God does reveal clear understanding and out of that in love and fear obey that which you have understanding on.

Is there hidden codes? i dont know, maybe, but ill save those til i have mastered the things i understand , like "rejoice always" , "always be content" , never judge , love all men , etc etc

these things i think are more concern to fear if they are not so then the codes that might be there.

and as Taylor said, there are codes in any book with the same amount of letters in them as the bible.

2009/10/19 13:17Profile
IWantAnguish

Re:

You cannot understand the Bible apart from the Holy Spirit revealing the truth to you.

So humble yourself, admit your need, and seek God through His word.

God has never cast out anybody who came to Him on His terms.

2009/10/19 14:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy