SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : An Urgent Message to God's Elect-Pastor Clendennen

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
kathleen1

An Urgent Message to God's Elect-Pastor Clendennen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOBbU1KeIHY

This has just been posted today..

2009/10/16 23:48Profile

Re: An Urgent Message to God's Elect-Pastor Clendennen

What was the Urgent message? It's the same message that everyone who is crying for revival is preaching. What is so different about this one?

2009/10/17 10:46

Re: An Urgent Message to God's Elect-Pastor Clendennen

God bless that dear pastor's heart. his message went to my heart like an arrow, I will listen to it again, in the still of the night. God Bless you sister, neil

2009/10/17 12:02
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi DeepThinker...

Quote:
What was the Urgent message? It's the same message that everyone who is crying for revival is preaching. What is so different about this one?

It is different because it is the cry of a dying man. This man was recently (like in the past couple of weeks) diagnosed with inoperable cancer in his colon, liver, and elsewhere. He is facing a certain, precipitous death (unless God intervenes)...and is still crying out to God for a move of His Spirit.

That is what is [i]different[/i].

:-)

2009/10/17 12:55Profile

Re:

Thank you Chris, I hope he gets healed.

I remember a few years ago my Pastor had a vision and saw himself standing and seeing crowds of people getting off buses and coming into a theatre to hear the "simple gospel". He dreamt that he would be apart of that revival. We had round the clock prayer meetings for revival and that he would be healed of cancer that was raging throughout his body. He spent many hours in prayer and sought God, in the end the cancer won.

It's not always what we want that will move the hand of God. We can quote scriptures till we are blue in the face. There is something wrong with our praying I think. I think we are too timid to step out in faith.

There are hindrances to faith and there is a reason why that cancer is there. What have we done to allow that to come into our life?

I have always contended that the cancer in some people is a result of some wrong that has been committed. The wrong could be eating junk food all our lives. Another wrong is holding an old grudge towards someone. Of all the people that I knew that had Alzheimer and died they all had a bitter spirit towards someone, and they were actual Christians in the true sense of the word. This is not concise information, it's an observation that I have noticed over the years. All situations are different and not all of them are related to cancer or any other disease.

2009/10/17 14:24
kathleen1

Re:

I understand your logic but it doesn't apply to Pastor Clendennen. He has let God deal with him on everything from which vitamins to take, what to eat and what not to eat. He could not harbor sin like you mentioned at all-I can say this truthfully because if he regarded any iniquity in his heart God would not hear him and most certainly would not anoint his preaching as He clearly does. I cannot listen to Pastor Clendennen preach, without being challenged, convicted, and provoked to hunger for more of Christ, and less of me. The Holy Spirit will not bear such strong witness of truth if it is coming forth through an unclean vessel. If that is the case, what comes out is just a dead letter that helps no one, even though it may be truth.

2009/10/17 14:50Profile
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re:

DeepThinker,

I beg to differ, and I differ greatly with your analysis, not just in the case of this man but of any man. We do not have the ability or the right to judge why cancer or any other life threatening disease comes upon anyone. Do you not remember the words of the Lord when he said what He did in Luke 13? And have you not read that same precise "logic" of what "caused an illness" in the long winded rebukes of Job by his "comforters", for example in chapter 5, 8, and so forth?

Deuteronomy 32:39 (NKJV)
39 'Now see that I, even I, am He, And there is no God besides Me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; Nor is there any who can deliver from My hand.

1 Samuel 2:6 (NKJV)
6 "The Lord kills and makes alive; He brings down to the grave and brings up.

I thank you Kathleen for posting this urgent message. It certainly touched my heart and is especially needed in the Pentecostal circles to which he most certainly addressed most of his remarks...
(edited to add) May God help me to take this message to heart, and I pray that God heals him if it is his will, and if not that all these years of prayer and holy living and straight preaching will continue to produce fruit for the glory of God.

Clint

2009/10/17 22:28Profile

Re:

Quote:
Do you not remember the words of the Lord when he said what He did in Luke 13?

Indeed I was very much aware it when I was typing out what I wrote.

What I wrote is not etched in stone, It something that I have observed over the years. I wasn't judging this man, I was merely pointing something out from other examples of observations. I truly hope he gets healed in Jesus name.

2009/10/17 23:03
IWantAnguish

Re:

Prayer should go as follows...

Father, if you will get more glory out of healing this man than dying, then heal him for your own name.

But if you will get more glory out of him dying, than healing him, you are God, and who are we to question your sovereignty?

Please be glorified in all things for your own kingdom, and for your own great name.

2009/10/17 23:26Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi DeepThinker...

Quote:
There are hindrances to faith and there is a reason why that cancer is there. What have we done to allow that to come into our life? I have always contended that cancer is in a person because of some wrong that has been committed. The wrong could be eating junk food all our lives. Another wrong is holding an old grudge towards someone. Of all the people that I knew that had Alzheimer and died they all had a bitter spirit towards someone, and they were actual Christians in the true sense of the word. A friend of mine who had lung cancer believed that God would raise him up and heal him, he's dead. Something is deeply wrong.

I'm not sure if it is worth connecting the dots between sin and sickness. Of course, sickness, death and even [i]hard work[/i] is part of the "curse" that befell mankind in the Garden. Yet is there a legitimate connection between personal sin and a sickness like cancer?

We can, of course, link certain types of diseases to certain types of lifestyles. Lung cancer is often directly linked to smoking (or, things within the immediate environment surrounding a person...such as secondhand smoke, asbestos particles, and even certain types of faulty drywall). AIDS and HIV can often be directly attributed to the sexual behavior of a person (or an unborn child's parents) or even a blood transfusion. Yet even with these direct (or indirect) connections, is this always the case?

There are children who are born with certain diseases. Certain cancers, like acute lymphoblastic leukemia, are much more common in children than adults. There are plenty of other illnesses that target children exclusively. I have visited plenty of hospitals where children under the age of one are afflicted with cancer in families where cancer did not "run in the family." Are we to assume that this is due to some "wrong" that these children have committed?

There was a book written a few years ago entitled A MORE EXCELLENT WAY. The author, Henry Wright, does NOT have a background in biology, medicine, or any other science. He is merely a minister. He attempts to attribute pretty much every single illness as the result of some sort of sin. He also makes some very peculiar diagnoses regarding certain diseases that are both incorrect in terms of medical physiology and quite extra-Biblical. To his credit, Wright attempts to use plenty of Scripture passages to validate his claims. However, the use of Scripture doesn’t automatically corroborate his claims. I believe that this man misuses and misapplies passages in order to diagnose illness. In fact, one wonders if Henry Wright should be doing this to begin with. Should a pastor be making very detailed and specific claims about astrophysics based upon an extremely limited understanding of astrophysics? This man is no more qualified to make such specific diagnostic claims as anyone else who is not a physician.

I have heard these sorts of “connections” between sin and sickness are many times. Yet, how would they explain the events in Job’s life? The Lord described Job as a “perfect” or “blameless man” (Job 1:8; Job 2:3) – yet he was struck by illness. Similarly, Paul described a “thorn” in his flesh (II Corinthians 12:7) that might have been a physical ailment. I have known plenty of pastors and even young children who needed to wear glasses due to defective eyesight (including, ironically, the aforementioned Pastor Henry Wright). Some people are simply born with defects. Yes, sickness may be part of the curse, but so is the requirement for men to work and for women to experience increased pain in childbirth. The last I checked, men are still required to take care of the needs of their families and women still experience labor pains.

Anyway, I do understand how we might attempt to connect dots between sin and sickness. I do believe that the Lord allows us to endure through things – including the “valley of the shadow of death” – in order to remind us that His “grace is sufficient for us, for His strength is made perfect in weakness” (II Corinthians 12:9). Ultimately, however, I think that there just isn’t any Scriptural validity to such claims. We should consider the words of Jesus when He was approached by His disciples in the Gospel of John:
Quote:
[b] John 9:1-3[/b]
[b]1[/b] And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.
[b] 2[/b] And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?
[b]3[/b] Jesus answered, [b][color=660000]Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him[/color][/b].

2009/10/17 23:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy