SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Tongues - flesh or spirit

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread
bdcutler

Mitchell SD

Re:

twayneb wrote:

Quote:
My Great Grandfather once went to Mexico and, not knowing any Spanish, preached an entire message in fluent Spanish under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. I have also known many who spoke in tongues in a meeting and someone from another nation later testified that the person has spoken in their native tongue and verified the accuracy of the interpretation.

My pastor and his wife have a testimony where they were doing street ministry in Seattle, and they were praying for a couple of guys, and the pastor started praying in the spirit, well, one of the guys didn't know English (they were both Mexican I believe), and he heard my pastor praying in Spanish. Ended up being a sign to him that opened him up to the truth of the Gospel.

Quote:
I thank God that my secret prayer life is enhanced by the grace to utter prayers in unknown tongues, that I have faith that are known in heaven.

Amen Brother Tom. Amen.

2009/10/18 16:59Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:

DeepThinker wrote:
Quote:
I was counseling to a Christian friend and I suddenly knew, for a fact that God will talk to her in an audible voice; so I told her this. I just knew it (uncommon faith).

If I may, this experience would not be called uncommon faith. What you had was a "Word of Knowledge".

The "Word of Knowledge" was coupled with the "Gift of Faith"
I needed the "Gift of Faith" in order to say what the Holy Spirit has given me Knowledg of.

Quote:
My pastor was praying for healing of a freshly broken leg which was already in a cast.

This can be the gift of faith, but most likely it was the "Gifts of Healings" in operation, also the Word of Wisdom was in operation because he was given instruction as to what to do with the cast. The Pastor didn't need the faith, the man who had the broken leg had it, thus he was healed.
Same as the last, the "Gifts of Healings" was coupled with the "Gift of Faith".
My Pastor needed the "Gift of Faith" in order to say that his leg is healed; or say what he had wsidome of.

Quote:
When Jesus was healing certain persons it was their faith that healed them, as He had said to many, "Your faith has made you whole".

God heald them because of their faith.

2009/10/18 22:59Profile
Logic

Re:

Thanx for all your replies, y'all gave some good reasons for your belief. Some are good enough that I must re-think my position.

I will come back to this thread after I have further prayed & studied concerning this subject.

BTW FYI, I do not post out of pride &/or for contention sake, but only to cause one to think, re-think & to challenge.

2009/10/18 23:10Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Thanx for all your replies, y'all gave some good reasons for your belief. Some are good enough that I must re-think my position. I will come back to this thread after I have further prayed & studied concerning this subject. BTW FYI, I do not post out of pride &/or for contention sake, but only to cause one to think, re-think & to challenge.

Logic: I appreciate this post brother, and the attitude it conveys. Every one of us has a propensity to be wrong (we are human) and a tendency to think we are right and want everyone else to come to our opinion on any given topic. I appreciate it when brothers and sisters bring what they know and what they believe to the table and discuss it with a teachable spirit. Obviously there are things that we all may never totally agree upon, but I am seeing the unity of doctrine that Paul describes in the first three chapters of 1 Corinthians emerging in the true church. I am seeing more and more that people who love God more than traditions of man are taking an honest look at the Word and allowing their point of view to come into line with the Word. I am not sure we will ever get there in all the minutia, but I am confident that we will find ourselves debating the big picture less and less and encouraging one anther more and more, especially as time grows short.

2009/10/19 17:28Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy