SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Tongues - flesh or spirit

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: Tongues - flesh or spirit

Quote:
Can you choose when to have uncommon faith?

I was pacing with you until you needed to add the word "uncommon" to bolster your argument.

Too bad.

2009/10/15 20:43

Quote:

Uncommon faith that he is referring to is the gift of faith. It's a supernatural endowment that bolsters the ability for greater things. For instance the raising of the dead. It requires the gift of Faith plus the Working of Miracles. Common faith will not raise the dead.

2009/10/15 22:15
Logic

Re:

Quote:
DeepThinker wrote:
Quote:

Uncommon faith that he is referring to is the gift of faith. It's a supernatural endowment that bolsters the ability for greater things. For instance the raising of the dead. It requires the gift of Faith plus the Working of Miracles. Common faith will not raise the dead.

Yes! That is exactly it.
The gift of faith is believing in something God will do which you have no basis to believe in.

[b]Example:[/b]
I was counseling to a Christian friend and I suddenly knew, for a fact that God will talk to her in an audible voice; so I told her this.
I just knew it (uncommon faith).

However, right after I said that to her, I thought again to my self, "How do I know this, I can't tell her that."
Therefore, I said to her, "wait, never mind what I just told you."
However, the gift of faith left me, but it came to her, she started to believe it and praised God.
About 15 to 30 mins. later, she was in the bathroom, and I heard her scream and yelling Hallelujah!!!
She came rushing out of the bathroom saying that God spoke audibly and it was Words exactly what she needed.

The "uncommon faith" (gift of faith) paired with another gift.
[b]Another example:[/b]
My pastor was praying for healing of a freshly broken leg which was already in a cast.
He had the gift of faith to tell him to go home and take the cast of because he was in fact healed.
1/2 hour later, my pastor was worried that he told the man the wrong thing to do; so he called the man with the broken leg to tell him not to take his cast off.
But, it was too late; the man was running around praising God with a healed leg.

My Pastor had the gift of faith (uncommon faith) to boldly say that he was healed.

2009/10/15 22:54Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Quote:
Logic wrote:
It is not for controversy, but conversation.

If anyone else has insight, they may post it here, that we may all learn.

Well, let's just hope that attitude holds out!! LOL ;-) ;-)

Quote:
Logic wrote:
The initial sign that one has been filled with the Holy Spirit is the power to be witnesses for Christ (Act 1:8).

Jesus said, "[i]until ye be endued with power from on high[/i]" but all throughout the book of Acts, anytime the power fell upon them, they spoke in other tongues.

Let's take Peter and Cornelius. Even though Peter spoke in tongues, he still did not believe salvation even the baptism of the Holy Spirit was not for the gentiles. Had those three men came before Peter received the vision, he would have refused them.

Peter knew they had received the baptism when he heard them speak with tongues. it was then he called for them to be baptised with water!

And in Acts 19:6 "[i]Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.[/i]

I'm not trying to argue with you or anyone else, I know that there are those who have received the baptism of the Holy Spirit without receiving divers tongues but there is yet more! (Personally, I would hope to live as to receive all nine of them one day but only time will tell, some days are good and some days not so good! Only God knows.)

Quote:
Logic wrote:
The tongues is the least of the benefits of the baptism of the Spirit.

Does it really state this in Scripture? I know it is listed last but I don't remember reading that IT IS the least, in power or statute. If it is so, is that your only reason for not having received it... just because you think it's the least?

Finally, please let me add that the Lord has used that gift through me in extraordinary ways many times, if I had not had it; I do not know what I would have done. And of those times, I can only say, "I wouldn't have missed it for the world!"
:-D :-D

God bless you brother!!

2009/10/15 23:06Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Tongues - flesh or spirit?

Both, neither, one or the other...

Let the Lord lead you to His truth in the matter.

2009/10/15 23:14Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

I thought this was fitting for the topic tonight!!

I was listening to Derek Prince "Receive the Holy Spirit" sermon while doing a puzzle tonight....

[i]...All of Jerusalem felt the impact; within a few hours everybody in Jerusalem knew something unusual had taken place. Now when they were born again, it didn't get around but when they were baptised in the Holy Spirit, it got around!

How many of you know from experience it doesn't stay hidden for long, somehow it stirs things up!

One time somebody asked a friend "What's the evidence of the baptism?"

My friend replied [b]"Trouble[/b]."[/i] :-) :-D ;-)

2009/10/16 0:52Profile
Leo_Grace

Re:

Dear Logic,

Please accept this correction in the Spirit of love with which it is given. You clearly have some understanding of the Filipino or Tagalog language, but your wording and interpretation is faulty.

You said:

Quote:
Sounds have specific meaning, if a the Spirit gives utterance such as "Ang Panginoon ay si Jesus ay Diyos" The only way to interpret this is "The Lord Jesus is God"

The phrase "Ang Panginoon ay si Jesus ay Diyos" is grammatically wrong because it is formed with excessive verbs. The literal English equivalent would be like saying "The Lord is Jesus is a God." The correct statement in Tagalog or Filipino would be "Ang Panginoong Jesus ang Diyos." or "The Lord Jesus is God". Note that I used the article "ang" instead of "ay" before the word Diyos to convey the meaning that I am referring to the singular God, and not just any god, which is the impression given when you use the article "ay".

You can use the article "ay" when saying something like "Si Jesus ay mapagmahal" (Jesus is loving) or "Ang Diyos ay mabait" (God is kind) because there are others that are also loving and kind. However, when referring to his Deity, which He holds exclusively, one must use the article "ang": "Siya ang Diyos" (He is God), and not "Siya ay Diyos" (He is a God).

I hope this helps in your mastery of the language.

2009/10/16 15:13Profile

Re:

Quote:
I was counseling to a Christian friend and I suddenly knew, for a fact that God will talk to her in an audible voice; so I told her this. I just knew it (uncommon faith).

If I may, this experience would not be called uncommon faith. What you had was a "Word of Knowledge".
Quote:
My pastor was praying for healing of a freshly broken leg which was already in a cast.

This can be the gift of faith, but most likely it was the "Gifts of Healings" in operation, also the Word of Wisdom was in operation because he was given instruction as to what to do with the cast. The Pastor didn't need the faith, the man who had the broken leg had it, thus he was healed.

When Jesus was healing certain persons it was their faith that healed them, as He had said to many, "Your faith has made you whole".

Here is an example of the Working of Miracles and Word of Wisdom. When Jesus put mud on the Blind Man's eyes, he was told to go and wash in the pool of Siloam. John 9:11. But it was the man's faith by getting up and obeying the LORD that healed him.

2009/10/16 17:54
ThePilgrim

Re:

Deep Thinker wrote;
Here is an example of the Working of Miracles and Word of Wisdom. When Jesus put mud on the Blind Man's eyes, he was told to go and wash in the pool of Siloam. John 9:11. But it was the man's faith by getting up and obeying the LORD that healed him.

This my be a small point, however, I believe that Christ healed the blind man. If it were down to the man's own faith then he could have healed himself?

Christ did not heal the man's eyes, He gave him eyes. What we seen in John's gospel is the second Genesis.

God creates flesh using ADAMAH ( Mud)..... please excuse my crude interpretation of the Hebraic word.

Thanks for al the post on this one! Food for thought?

2009/10/16 18:25Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:

Leo_Grace wrote:
Dear Logic,

Please accept this correction in the Spirit of love with which it is given. You clearly have some understanding of the Filipino or Tagalog language, but your wording and interpretation is faulty.

Thanx, My Philippina wife confirmed your translation. :-)

BTW, How do you know Tagalog so well?

2009/10/16 18:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy