SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Can we maintain spiritual unity with doctrinal diversity in the church?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread
Leo_Grace

Re:

The Word of God remains true even today.

[i]1Ti 1:3-7 As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain men not to teach false doctrines any longer [b]nor to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. These promote controversies rather than God’s work—which is by faith. The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. Some have wandered away from these and turned to meaningless talk. They want to be teachers of the law, but they do not know what they are talking about or what they so confidently affirm.[/b][/i]

2009/10/19 0:56Profile
defide

Re:

Great thread. Walter is using revisionist history gratuitously I must say. And not the good kind. He is imposing his 20th century view of Christianity upon a second century figure (St. Justin Martyr). Shameless.

2011/7/21 23:56Profile

Re: How old is this thread??;

I went back to the original post on this thread to try to pick up the flow here. If Iread the date of the first post it is Oct. 2009. With everything that is coming against the body of Christ are there not more timely issues to be concerned about?

2011/7/22 13:21
sarahsdream

Re:

My, my, this thread has a lot of anonymous names.

Martyr, I would say none of God's truths can be sacrificed for the sake of expediency (timely issues).

Can you think of one truth of the Gospel that you would set aside because of "more timely issues"?

I'm thinking but cannot come up with one.

In Christ,
Sarah

2011/7/22 17:58Profile

Re:

Sarah what exactly are God's truths here. I tried to follow Tbis thread from the original post and got lost. In terms of things coming against the body of Chris...how about the Islamic challenge, sin and worldliness in the church, rise of homosexuality, biblical illeteracy, etc. I think you get the picture.

2011/7/22 18:31
Sword7

Re:

How can there be unity if some are advocating false doctrines? Are us putting more emphasis on unity for the sake of peace, or should having sound bibical doctrines be of more importance? This is why enumerism is wrong. We must never join hands with those that teach falsely.

2011/7/25 8:08Profile
Sword7

Re:

Its very difficult to read extremely long posts that are cut and paste. The best way to witness and share one's faith is by using your own words and beliefs. Yes the Waldenses were one of the first christians. Out of them came the Amish and Anabaptist. The Waldensians used the Old Latin Bible (not to be confused with the catholic Latin Vulgate) The Waldenisans guarded this bible with their life.From it eventaully came the King James Bible. The modern versions cannot claim this faithfulness and any church that uses a MV is in err.

2011/7/25 10:12Profile

Re:

As our pastor so often says:

"Biblical doctrine unites... the truth church."

Meditate on what that means.

Krispy

2011/7/25 11:07

Re:

Hi Sword7,

I see by your profile you recently joined the forum. Do welcome you. Just a friendly word. The SI moderators discourage the posting of those things that could be contraversial. Examples would be politics, Calvinism vs Armianism, Bible translation issues. These topics tend to get heated and even ugly. Please be aware of this when you post.

2011/7/25 23:57

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy