SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Will you defend your family against attack or let them be killed?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
PosterThread
Leo_Grace

Re:

Dear Frank,

My heart goes out to you for having had to go through such a family experience. It is a difficult situation you found yourself in, and a complex question that you pose to us. The leading and wisdom of the Spirit of God is definitely needed in such times.

The situation is unique, for it is not a stranger doing violence to your family, but the head of the family himself. And, as you said, your mother had set the example for you:

Quote:
All along my mother taught her children to love and respect our father. She said that it was a battle between good and evil and that God loved my dad and wanted him saved.

If I were in your shoes, and given the expressed attitude of my mother for my father, which is one of love, forgiveness, and hope, despite her suffering, I would NOT pick up the knife on the counter top. I probably would intervene by physically standing between them and plead with my father to take the violence out on me instead, out of respect for my mother. I don't know what would come of that, but it is probably what I would do. But I am thinking like a Christian, and I don't know if you were already one at that time. What did you do?

2009/10/19 11:59Profile

Re:

HI Krispy, you wrote......

"This was not a random criminal act" Can I ask you how you know what is random and what is not? Who determines and by what wisdom? Do you not think that anytime a Christian is attakced with violence that there is not a devilish spirit behind it?

I appreciate your answer by the way. I am not saying that you are right or wrong, just trying to understand how you discern? Is one led by the Holy Spirit in all cases or do way make some calls on our own?

Hi Leo, I will tell the last part of the story shortly...........Frank

2009/10/19 12:47
Leo_Grace

Re:

Dear Frank,

Quote:
Hi Leo, I will tell the last part of the story shortly...........Frank

This is beginning to feel like the Biblical "coming soon", when a day is like a thousand years. :-)

2009/10/22 11:46Profile

Re:

Hi Leo,

"This is beginning to feel like the Biblical "coming soon", when a day is like a thousand years. :)"

You make me smile :) I apologize for keeping you waiting. Didn't really want to see this thread propmoted so when it fell of the screen I was quite happy :)

Anyways, as I stood behind my father and all the demonic madness that was around us, suddenly something came into me. It came in through my head, and it was like getting engulfed in warm water, only in slow motion. It went from my head all the way down to my feet and as it travelled down I felt all the fear drain out of me until I was standing there in "perfect peace." Of course I now know that it was the Holy Spirit. I found myself reaching out and up and putting my hand on my fathers shoulder. His head snapped round in what seemed like a heartbeat. He still had my mother by the hair on the back of her head. I found myself staring into the blackest eyes that I have ever saw, total insanity. Time seemed to be suspended. What probably took seconds seemed like 10 minutes. I stood there staring into his eyes and suddenly I was looking past his eyes into his soul. And there was my real dad, the dad the Lord had intended, bound and gagged, lying on his side, a total prisoner. And I heard myself saying this " I love you dad." In a split second I was back looking at my dad and I heard a voice coming from his mouth and it said this "I cannot argue with that." In that moment, the "thick atmosphere," was gone, the madness was gone from my dad, he realeased my mother and sat down looking shell-shocked. That sense of total peace also left me. Six years later, at the age of 49 and after having been in the hospital 6 times for alcoholism, the last time in a mental hospial with the DTs, and having "fought," God for 15 years, my father came broken before the throne of grace and gave his heart to the Lord. The very night that he did this he was totally delivered from alcohol. That was 20 years ago. Shortly after getting saved my mom and dad retook their marriage vows and my father was baptized. This , obviously, was a much different result than if I had used the knife. God's ways are not our ways. ...........Frank

2009/10/22 17:18
Leo_Grace

Re:

Dear Frank,

Praise God! You were Christ's even then, and the Spirit led you to take the right course of action. Thank you for sharing - I was blessed.

Leo

2009/10/22 18:50Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy