SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Leaving my Church.... going somewhere else...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Quote:
Just thought id insert a direction to a Zac Poonen message that is called "why another church? here for anyone that would want his understanding on some things related to this topic. Much worth considering

Thank you. I was blessed by the first of the two part messages.

This thread describes my current burden.

2009/10/13 8:30Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

When the Lord affords me the time, I would be interested in listening to Poonen's sermon series on this topic. I think I listened to Part 2 sometime last week. I don't see eye to eye with Poonen on some things, but, I always appreciate his very practical, straight forward, and down to earth insight. He might not be the best expositor in the world, but he is a good and godly man.

2009/10/13 9:31Profile

Re:

Hey my young friend,

You write..."If he saw Jesus in them in any way, shape or form, he'd recognize them."

I was not talking about people, I was talking about institutions. Paul calls it out. He called Peter out, publicly, for playing the hypocrite. While Paul was an incredibly sensitive man to the Spirit, he was also a man who knew the truth and nothing would deter him from following it "not even for an hour," :) Of course I love Peter's response to that. There was no ego or trying vainly to defend himself, he wanted to know if Paul was right. Oh for more of that attitude today. It seems that Pater did not believe Himself to be infallible. A lesson perhaps for our Catholic friends :)........Frank

2009/10/13 10:07
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

I was not talking about people, I was talking about institutions

Well, I was talking about people. :-) Wherever those saints gather, regardless if it is even in an institutional setting, they are still the church. I'm glad that the Lord is causing men and women to see that denominations themselves, however, are not churches. Many churches these days are starting to even hide the fact that they are associated with any particular denomination. About the only people who care about denominations anymore are the people that run them.

2009/10/13 11:46Profile

Re:

Now Jimmy, just because you have a Scottish name does not allow you to be fecitious :-) You were commenting on a comment of mine specifically and that comment that I made alluded to intitutions. Now I know that you would never want to mis-represent my words :-)

I guess why I am being a stickler on this point is that I believe that the denominational system is an affront to God, not Biblical, and is the result of divisions that could not be rectified. I further believe that God has withdrawn, in a general sense, His presence from these systems and that the writing is on the wall and is a matter of a short time before it is completely swept away. Here is an interesting post, I believe that Greg posted it

http://scottishwarriors.wordpress.com/2009/03/11/the-coming-evangelical-collapse-michael-spencer/

And these next couple are posts that can be found on my website about the withdrawing of God's presence from the established church...

http://scottishwarriors.wordpress.com/2009/03/24/the-glory-of-gods-presence-is-departing/

http://scottishwarriors.wordpress.com/2009/03/31/gods-judgement-upon-the-established-church/

2009/10/13 12:04
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I'll try to read all your links later. The first one was quite good. I think I remember reading it earlier this year.

2009/10/13 12:28Profile
elected

Tulsa OK

Re:

appulos wrotte:

Quote:
I guess why I am being a stickler on this point is that I believe that the denominational system is an affront to God, not Biblical, and is the result of divisions that could not be rectified. I further believe that God has withdrawn, in a general sense, His presence from these systems and that the writing is on the wall and is a matter of a short time before it is completely swept away.

I agree 98% :-). What i have figured out is God always will pour afresh his Spirit wherever he finds people who absolutely surrender to him and believe his Son as their Lord & Savior. Who have determined to be uncomprimised disciples of Christ and sorldiers in the army of God. They are the new wineskins filled with the new wine of heaven.

The old structures and forms often are not fit for the new dispensation of the outpouring of the Holy Spirit.If God does not revive a denomination and find consistent willfull disobidience from most of its members and leaders; two things may happen. He will revive and keep holy a remnant & faithful in a denomination and abandon at large the spiritually dead and lukewarm majority of denomination and look for a new people to pour out his Spirit.

What im saying is history of the church.

2009/10/13 15:02Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy