SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Britain vs Christianity - coming to America unless we stop it now

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread

Re: Britain vs Christianity - coming to America unless we stop it now

Hello thingsabove,

Quote:
Alive to God I don't know if you live in America but In the United States the "People" are the higher power. The Law of our land is the Constitution within it is also the bill of rights.

[b]It is important to keep in mind that the submission to higher powers in America is to participate in the Governmental process. Again in America the people are the higher power[/b] elcting representatives to go conduct business and the law of the higher power is to then reelect or elect new representatives to go conduct the business again.

You are describing the democratic process which was defined about 500 years ago in England. I hope you are not implying that democracy leads a population to make God's choices for themselves - because that would be possible only if they had (each individually), God in their hearts, and were totally submitted to His will as Christ was.

(And, should not Christians crave [i]Theocracy?[/i])

When a leader thus chosen is not submitted to God, a population gets what it desired, and that is God's judgement upon them, just as it is God's judgement upon His own people, when they sit under false doctrine willingly, because it appeals to their carnal nature. 2 Tim 4:3, 4.

Quote:
Yes and when Jesus took a whip and drove the money changers out He was stating the truth in love . When he rebuked very pointedly the Pharisee' who were rulers He was speaking in love.

Yes He was. And, He feels the same way abuut sin today. It was this kind of love which enabled Him to say: 'With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you [u]before I suffer[/u]:...' Luke 22:15.

Heb 12: '...who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds. 4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin. 5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: 6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. 7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons;

To be honest, I'm not quite sure what you're getting at, if you're implying that the Creator of the Universe (the Word of God, now incarnate) did not have the right, as ChrisJD explained, to speak the truth (as He is the Truth), or demonstrate Truth, to show us what it [i]actually[/i] means to be a son of God, that is, for us, in the image of God, truly representing what [u]God[/u] is like, to those who do not know Him.

Rom 8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for [u]the manifestation of the sons of God[/u].

Btw, DT, we're 'cool'! :-D

2009/10/12 2:26

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy