SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Britain vs Christianity - coming to America unless we stop it now

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Deepthinker, you said,

"Speaking against the President is speaking against God, because God put him there. And we are saying in effect that God doesn't know what He is doing."

Really? huh... I guess Jesus was speaking against God the father when he called Herod a fox.

Luke 13:32 And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.

I hope others don't fall into your narrow view.

2009/10/10 13:47

Re:

Quote:
Really? huh... I guess Jesus was speaking against God the father when he called Herod a fox.

John 5:30 "I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I SEEK NOT MINE OWN WILL, but the will of the Father which hath sent me."

By calling Herod a Fox, Jesus FIRST heard it from the Father, and then He spoke.

We do not judge by what we see, but what we HEAR the Father say to us. If your not hearing, keep your mouth shut. Lest you find yourself being judged. And that goes for every single one of us, including yours truly.

2009/10/10 14:20

Re:

Quote:
I'm sure glad that this kind of advice wasn't offered to Esther when Haman's wicked plot came to light. Oh yes, there was prayer and fasting, then there was action.

So we should plot against that wicked Haman? And get a petition from the king to have the Church arm themselves and be ready on a set day to kill anyone who had a thought to kill us?

This is the action that was carried out.

Do you know why Nebuchadnezzar's kingdom was taken from him for the period of seven years? Because he lifted himself up as the sole founder, and yet it was given to him by God. And God made him an example, that it's He that ruleth in the heavens.
Quote:
Dan 4:25 That they shall drive thee from men, and thy dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field, and they shall make thee to eat grass as oxen, and they shall wet thee with the dew of heaven, and seven times shall pass over thee, [b]till thou know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will.[/b]

The Kingdom of Grace and Truth excludes physical violence, plots against our neighbour, we are as dumb sheep ready for the slaughter. Why? Because at the cross we died with Jesus. We are dead and all the lust of vengeance and this flesh has been crucified to Christ.

If Esther was under the New Covenant and she went to the King to tell him all that was happening, she would have done everything that she could to keep Haman from being hanged. Why? Because she is dead with Christ and Haman is not her enemy.

2009/10/10 15:04
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
So we should plot against that wicked Haman? And get a petition from the king to have the Church arm themselves and be ready on a set day to kill anyone who had a thought to kill us?

Well, with all due respect, you certainly stretched that one to it's limits.

The point is that when an opportunity arises to serve God and our generation, we must not let it slip by.

In Christ,

Ron

2009/10/10 18:22Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Britain vs Christianity - coming to America unless we stop it now

I did not read all the posts on this thread, so if someone else said this, I guess that would mean we are of the same mind!

The fact that Islam appeals to the masses has me completely befuddled. Something does not compute. Sharia law (I think it is called) has strong unmerciful penalties against certain sins, like homosexuality, adultery, thievery...Their philosophy concerning females .... why does this religion enjoy such popular appeal to the masses? If Christianity would advocate the penalties that Islam does we would be experience such wide spread oppression....

Does anyone know the answers to these questions?

ginnyrose

2009/10/10 18:53Profile

Re:

ginnyrose,
Islam in America primarly appeals to the prison population secondarly to 'some' in the general population. I would not say that it appeals to the 'masses' in America.
However sometimes a minority can wield power and influence. Then when that minority uses our legal system to get its way,(much like the athiests have done) then it becomes more of a threat to our liberties in America.

Thats what I have seen so far. I do not claim to be all knowing on this subject.

2009/10/10 20:34
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings ginnyrose

I have to admit I have wondered the same thing. There is a lady that I see in the grocery store once in awhile. She is white and clearly born here in the United States and yet she dresses in the full garb of the Muslim religion with only a her face showing. I do not understand it at all. Why a woman who is clearly American, raised here would ever embrace a religion that is so hostel toward women. It just does not make any sense to me at all.

God Bless
maryjane

2009/10/10 22:05Profile

Re:

Quote:
I do not understand it at all. Why a woman who is clearly American, raised here would ever embrace a religion that is so hostel toward women. It just does not make any sense to me at all.

Since we don't know her motive, we can only speculate. In some strains of Christianity there are groups that are hostile towards women. There are women that actually like this type of bondage. They want to be "put in their place" so to speak, it's almost like a "fetish" for lack of a better word.

The woman that you know of probably has no idea what Muslim women face in those countries where the laws are in favour of men. If she were there, I am sure she'd do everything she could to get out.

2009/10/10 22:12

Re:

Quote:
Well, with all due respect, you certainly stretched that one to it's limits.

:-P :-P

2009/10/10 22:14

Re:

To thingsabove,

Quote:

1 Pet 2:13 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme; 14 Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well... 18 Servants, [be] subject to [your] masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward. 19 For this [is] thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully.

Romans 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. 2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: 4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to [execute] wrath upon him that doeth evil. 5 Wherefore [ye] must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake. 6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing. 7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute [is due]; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour. 8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

Ezra 5:12, Jer 27:8, Jer 28:11, 14; 1 Chron 5:26, Isa 10:12.

When Jesus remarked that Herod was a 'fox', He was stating truth, in love. He was not [i]misrepresenting[/i] the man to those to whom He was speaking.

2009/10/11 3:26

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy