SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Britain vs Christianity - coming to America unless we stop it now

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Britain vs Christianity - coming to America unless we stop it now

http://downloads.cbn.com/cbnnewsplayer/cbnplayer.swf?aid=9425
- a warning from Britain

My family and I lived in England in the 70's and it was nothing like it is today. I've since returned occasionally and see how it has become anti Christian. They don't have the nerve to become anti Muslim. I've stopped giving to the local PBS station. They air many British programs that go out of their way to state their anti Christianity in ways that have nothing to do with the story line. by rep140

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-404052/How-Britain-turning-Christianity-crime.html

2009/10/9 20:11

Re: Britain vs Christianity - coming to America unless we stop it now

"Unless we stop it now".

Why?

Have you ever considered God's will in this matter?

Our position in Christ is not to stop world events from taking place. The great commission is to save that which is lost. We leave the tearing down and the setting up to the Grand Architect..God.

Before every great move of God when you read the history before that sweeping wave of God's power and presence, there is always people saying that "God is dead". Iniquity reaches an all time high, crime is rampant and immorality has stooped lower than it's ever been.

We say, "bring it on", the more the merrier. The greater the sin the greater the grace that God will pour out. In the meantime, love your nieghbour who is anti God, love the Muslim who has no enlightenment of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Do we just stand back and allow things to take place? Absolutely not. When we see in an injustice we pray and make our petitions known unto God, but as for trying to change what God has ordained to take place, we cannot change it. These things are inevitable, they are for our good and especially for His good pleasure. That is why it says, "Thine will be done". We must bend to the will of God even though we don't agree with it.

Believe it or not, but it was God Almighty who wooed the people of the United States to vote for President Barack Obama. We must respect God's decision. Speaking against the President is speaking against God, because God put him there. And we are saying in effect that God doesn't know what He is doing. Therefore, the admonition of the Apostle is to pray for our leaders.

This is hard I know. It goes against the grain. But our citizenship is not here folks. It's in Christ Jesus our LORD. Where He is, it's there we want to be.

2009/10/9 21:20
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Dear DeepThinker,

Thanks for the reminder. I believe you are right, it is God's will. I also know how God hates lies and I am filled with righteous anger with the flood of them. At times I may find myself ranting about it. God is working on me, I hope others will be understanding.

The dismay may not be as strong on your side of the border. :-P

kindest regards,
white stone

2009/10/9 22:21Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi DeepThinker...

Quote:
Believe it or not, but it was God Almighty who wooed the people of the United States to vote for President Barack Obama. We must respect God's decision.

Of course, this same rationale could be used of EVERYTHING that happens upon the Earth too (good or bad). I do believe that God raises up authorities to disperse justice. Yet, this government in America is one of "consent." The United States is a democratic republic, where individuals are selected by their fellow citizens to be short-term governors (depending upon the term of office) with the notion that they, as good temporary stewards, will "faithfully uphold the laws of the land and the Constitution."

Those same people who vote them into office can also vote them out of office. Likewise, those same individuals are also given an ability to petition their governors and authorities to act on behalf of what they think is right. It is a lot like the story of a persistent widow during Jesus's day who did the same thing with an unrighteous "judge." Perhaps the same God who you say "wooed the people to vote" for a man might also be "wooed" to petition on the side of righteousness?
Quote:
This is hard I know. It goes against the grain. But our citizenship is not here folks. It's in Christ Jesus our LORD. Where He is, it's there we want to be.

I agree...but I would add that we are ALSO citizens of the land in which the Lord placed us. We are under the government that God placed us. When asked by a Roman soldier who was about to beat him unlawfully whether he was a Roman citizen, Paul did not claim that his citizenship was solely in heaven. Rather, he cited his natural born Roman citizenship (Acts 22:22-29). He later used his "right" as a Roman citizen to "appeal unto Caesar." Of course, Paul used the Roman legal system, traveling along the Roman roads, that were built using taxes paid to Roman authorities, in order to take the Gospel to Rome...and to Caesar's house.

I do understand what you mean, though. Our allegiance is first and foremost to our Eternal King. Yet, I personally don't see anything in Scripture that forbids believers from petitioning or exerting influence on the people and governments around us. The Old Testament is filled with men like Moses, Joseph, Daniel and others who exerted righteous influence upon secular governments. Likewise, John the Baptist spoke to Herod about matters of righteousness -- and later lost his head for it (Matthew 14:3-5). The persistent widow petitioned an unrighteous "judge." In fact, Paul was compelled to present the Gospel to Caesar himself (Acts 27:24 and Acts 28:19), and it appears that he might have been successful (Philippians 4:22).

Yet, I also agree that we should pray for those who are in authority (regardless of whether they are appointed, voted in, or kings and queens). In addition, we should be examples of Christ who do not hide our light under a bushel of religious sectarianism. Like a city on a hill, we cannot and should not be hidden (Matthew 5:14-16). Our hearts, of course, are set apart as belonging to Christ Jesus even as we live in the world and nation that God has not yet taken us out of.

As for England: I have long had a burden for the people in that nation. I have read so many stories about the things that God has done in the past within that nation. I have spoken with old revival ministers from the nation who recall great things that happened years ago. Today, so many in the nation have turned from God.

I know a professor at Oxford who was going to serve as a faculty mentor for me on a scholarship that I was given during my undergraduate study. This professor is so honest in his hostility to the Gospel and even in regard to the very existence of God! I never accepted the scholarship to study there (due to a conflict with the graduate program that I was beginning). However, I have kept in touch with this particular professor. We have carried on long conversations about his professed atheism and the state of faith in his homeland. He admits that England has experienced a moral degradation in accordance with the decline of significance seen in the Christian faith. Slowly, I see God having an impact on his heart. I sent him a couple of books that I thought might help. He has even allowed me to pray for him via the telephone.

While I believe in petitioning the governments of the land into which God placed us, those are limited to legislative edicts that may or may not govern in what is right. What is vastly more important is the hearts of the people in the land. We need a revival! I don't mean a "revival" that is seen almost as a "mystical" thing. We need a great and sudden awakening of people in and out of the Church who quickly realize the futility of life without knowing the one true Living God! We need a waking up of the souls of men...whose hearts will begin to ache with an unquenchable yearning and thirst to know the Lord! We need a sudden realization in the hearts of men everywhere (starting in the Church) that the fleeting pleasures of this life cannot compare even remotely with just a moment spent in pure intimacy with God. We need such a revival!

2009/10/10 2:53Profile
Greenlea

Re:

Quote:
Our position in Christ is not to stop world events from taking place. The great commission is to save that which is lost. We leave the tearing down and the setting up to the Grand Architect..God.

Thank you for the reminder once again that God is sovereign. There is nothing that He is not designing. Nothing!!

Quote:
Believe it or not, but it was God Almighty who wooed the people of the United States to vote for President Barack Obama. We must respect God's decision. Speaking against the President is speaking against God, because God put him there.

I was reading in Genesis today and came across this passage and it struck me once again that God is the potter we are the clay.

Gen 45:7 And God sent me before you to preserve you a posterity in the earth, and to save your lives by a great deliverance
Gen 45:8 So now [it was] not you [that] sent me hither, but God: and he hath made me a father to Pharaoh, and lord of all his house, and a ruler throughout all the land of Egypt

[b]So now [it was] not you [that] sent me hither, but God[/b]

It is God that works all things according to His good pleasure. Even the election of the president.

Quote:
Believe it or not, but it was God Almighty who wooed the people of the United States to vote for President Barack Obama. We must respect God's decision. Speaking against the President is speaking against God, because God put him there.

Gen 50:20 But as for you, you meant evil against me; [but] God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as [it is] this day, to save many people alive.

Somehow, someway the Lord is working this out for our good. Let us continue to pray for our leaders as Paul commands, for our nation, for our brothers and sisters and what our hands find to do (in the Lord) let us do with all our might.

Blessing!!

2009/10/10 4:11Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

"Let us continue to pray for our leaders as Paul commands, for our nation, for our brothers and sisters and what our hands find to do (in the Lord) let us do with all our might."

If I may add something along with this, may we also continue to be salt as well, in whatever part of the [b]earth[/b], or its kingdoms we find ourselves in.

Salt acts as a preservative, keeping things from rotting.

God may certainly have Soveriegn pleasure and delight in working in us to be so, and to do(Php 2:12-15, 1Pe 2:9-17, Luke 19:13).

2009/10/10 8:45Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
Do we just stand back and allow things to take place? Absolutely not. When we see in an injustice we pray and make our petitions known unto God, but as for trying to change what God has ordained to take place, we cannot change it. These things are inevitable, they are for our good and especially for His good pleasure. That is why it says, "Thine will be done". We must bend to the will of God even though we don't agree with it.

I'm sure glad that this kind of advice wasn't offered to Esther when Haman's wicked plot came to light. Oh yes, there was prayer and fasting, then there was action.

[i]For if you keep silent at this time, relief and deliverance will rise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father's house will perish. And who knows whether you have not come to the kingdom for such a time as this?"[/i]
(Est 4:14 ESV)

In Christ,

Ron

2009/10/10 11:31Profile

Re:

"This is hard I know. It goes against the grain. But our citizenship is not here folks. It's in Christ Jesus our LORD. Where He is, it's there we want to be"

Amen deep thinker........Frank

2009/10/10 12:31
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

"Where He is, it's there we want to be"

Amen.

Acts 23:11, 19:21, 25:10-12, 26:32, Is 52:15.

2009/10/10 13:21Profile

Re:

Deepthinker you should be a tad more carefull of assuming Gods will and also saying "we" say...

Amos 5:18 Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light.

I detect a bit of this attitude in you post.

2009/10/10 13:42

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy