SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Sneaker or a Trophy, which one are you?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
TruthNLove

California

Sneaker or a Trophy, which one are you?

This is adapted from CARM (Christian Apologetic Research Ministry)

"The goal of our learning is two-fold. First, we learn so that we might accurately know the things that God has revealed to us. Second, we learn so that we can take what we know and apply it in our lives, and the lives of others. This means teaching people about Jesus. To this end, your theology must "put on sneakers." That is, it must get used. You see, you are not saved for the purpose of being a trophy that God sets up on a shelf, all polished and perfect, that is only admired and rarely touched. Instead, you are to be used, sent, molded, shaped, corrected, etc., so that God might be glorified in your life and His will be accomplished. Think of a trophy and a pair of dirty old sneakers. Which looks better? The trophy. Which is used more? The sneakers. God did not save you so that he could make a trophy out of view and set you on a shelf all perfect and proper, isolated from the world, untouched, and unblemished. Think of yourself more along the lines of a pair of sneakers that is lead through mud puddles, various sorts of crud, etc. Sneakers get used; trophies don't. Which do you want to be? I hope a pair of sneakers that get sent out into the mud and the crud, and that you are moved along different paths in life, as you help others find Jesus."
-------------------------------------------------

I have been guilty of seeking to shine as a trophy of knowledge and boasting of her beauty, while others are putting on their shoes and daily taking up their cross.

Is it just me or have you felt this also?

2009/10/6 2:19Profile
TruthNLove

California

Re: Sneaker or a Trophy, which one are you?

thoughts?

2009/10/6 16:32Profile
TomfromOZ

Hunter Valley, Australia

Re:

Hi TruthNLove

This article reminded me a little of a message
you will find on this site called "Love with shoes on" by Darryl Champlin.
If you havent heard it yet, you will be blessed by the faithfulness of this family and the God they serve on the mission field.

Tom

2009/10/6 18:32Profile
TruthNLove

California

Re:

Hi Tom,

I will listen to the message. Thanks for suggesting. I to was blessed recently while hearing one of our missionaries speak. Their testimonies are such a treasure to us.

God bless,
Eugene

2009/10/6 20:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy