SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : His Coming will not be delayed much longer

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Nellie

His Coming will not be delayed much longer

Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush and tell others. But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfil. It seems slow, do not despair, for these things will surely come to pass. Just be patient!
They will not be overdue a single day!
But don't forget this, dear friends, that a day or a thousand years from now is like tomorrow to the Lord. He isn't being slow about his promised return, even though it sometimes seems that way. But He is waiting, for the good reason that He is not willing that any should perish, and He is giving more time for sinners to repent.
But You are Merciful and Gentle, Lord, slow in getting angry, full of constant lovingkindness and of truth. Oh, that you should burst forth from the skies and come down! How the mountains woild quake in Your Presence! For since the World began no one has seen or heard of such a God as ours, who works for those who wait for Him!

Copied from "In Touch," Book.
Scriptures from Living Bible.
Hebrews 10:37, Hab.2:2,3, 2 Peter 3 8, 9, Ps. 86:15, Is. 64:1,4.

God Bless all.
Nellie

2009/10/4 22:11Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: His Coming will not be delayed much longer

It has not seemed to have sunken into our minds as to how soon the return of the Lord Jesus Christ is.

Were far to taken with this world to care about the return of Christ.

Or so it appears.

God bless.

2009/10/5 8:03Profile

Quote:
But He is waiting, for the good reason that He is not willing that any should perish, and He is giving more time for sinners to repent.

According to scripture, Jesus doesn't know only the Father knows when that return will take place, and the reasons set forth is not because He is waiting for every last sinner to have a chance, God knows who He will save. "Such as should be saved" Acts 2:47 Matthew 24:36

2009/10/18 12:30
pende

He is coming...He is mounting his horse...he is mounting his horse...he is mounting his horse.
Look up your redemption draweth nigh. Tell everyone he is ready, the harvest is ripe...Get ready to Get up, show up and look up!

2009/11/6 15:25Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Throughout the world 150,000 lives were over yesterday; whether they were ready or not; their name was called yesterday. 150,000 more will be called today and tomorrow the same. It doesn't matter if they were pre-trib, mid-trib or post-trib; He came for them!!!

I am 50 years old. By those calculations, 1.12 BILLION people have met their maker in my lifetime. What is my point? He came for 150,000 yesterday, no it wasn't "THE" worldwide rapture event, but He came nonetheless for 150,000.

I have a hope but the chances are slim to none that His second coming will be in my life time so my point is that "I" better be preparing that when I drop dead and I'm buried (in a holding pattern waiting on the trumpet sound), that when it does sound, I'm ready to rise and meet the Lord in the air and then ready to stand before the judgment seat of Christ and give an account deeds done in my body and the words spoken by my mouth.

[b]My point?[/b] I know we all get a warm fuzzy feeling when we talk about the Lord returning in our lifetime but in reality, we need to be paying attention and living like we are ready!! We do not know if we are going to make it home from work, it's the Lord's compassion if we do because approx 42,000 people die each year in the U.S. in auto accidents and it didn't matter either if they were pre-trib, mid-trib or post-trib; He came nonetheless for them!!!

What are you doing and what am I doing to impact peoples lives for eternity TODAY? Am I loving my family, loving my neighbor, loving my God more than myself? I fail most days but I'm doing my best to improve so I can be ready.

I used to argue with the best of them over pre vs post but anymore it doesn't matter, what matters is BEING READY. Christ is returning for [b]a bride that has MADE HERSELF READY[/b], not getting ready but ready!!

Thank God, I've got a hold of the smallest end of understanding of what some man said, "God, [b]stamp eternity on my eyeballs[/b]." woo hoooo!!

Reference for death rates: [url=http://www.hebrew4christians.com/About_HFC/Death_Rate/death_rate.html]The World's Current Death Rate[/url]

2009/11/6 16:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy