SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Revival Conference at Loughor

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

"So true.. but praise God: "God's time for revival is the very darkest hour, when everything seems hopeless. It is always the Lord's way to go to the very worst cases to manifest His glory."

Amen sister, that is why the crusade in Greenock will glorify God. One of the darkest towns in Scotland but oh how the light will shine when God steps down to Glorify Himself........brother Frank

2009/10/7 16:34
ThePilgrim

Re:

The condition is wales goes beyond Darkness. You have to understand the unique culture of Wales to appreciate the desperation. It is not like England or Scotland or Ireland.

Some, including the early Pentecostals like George Jeffries, believed that the native Welsh were the lost tribe of Judah. This is based on its semitic type language and its affinity towards godliness.

Just like the Israel of old, Wales has forgotten her God. She has been seduced by the Serpent seed. Her religion belongs to cultic variation for the 3 monotheistic religions. Though all seems lost there are some that have not bowed the knee to those who procure strange fire that cannot bring forth light.

The final words of Evan Roberts were preach several years ago at Moriah on the 100th anniversary. There can not be a more relevant message. The title of the Sermons was this:

Remember Jesus Christ!

What will bring a revival to Wales? only a full revelation of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Our prayers, are that this beautiful people will once again Remember Jesus Christ.

SI has such a responsibility!! May God equip you according to his purpose.

2009/10/11 12:43Profile

Re:

"The condition is wales goes beyond Darkness. You have to understand the unique culture of Wales to appreciate the desperation. It is not like England or Scotland or Ireland."

Hi Pilgrom, I would say that it is very much like Scotland. Yet, when we come to Wales our eyes will be on the Lamb of God that taketh away the sins of the world. One way or another, this will be our declaration to the forces of darkness that hold sway over those countries. We say, yes, you may be powerful and perhaps powerful over men, but not men of God. And the men of God say "cast your eyes upon Jesus." And darkness flees and demons tremble at that name , the name of Jesus, on the lips of His priests. I thought about these lyrics

With my hands lifted up
And my mouth filled with praise
With a heart of thanksgiving
I will bless Thee, O Lord

Lord may we bless you in the darkest nights and in the deepest valleys for you are Lord of the day and the night, the mountain and the valley. The mountains bow down to you and the valleys sing your praise. We walk in the day but even the darkness is light to you.

The enemy cries out from his side of the battle-field "What can the righteous do when the foundations are destroyed?" And we cry back "Behold the Lamb of God that taketh away the sins of the world." Behold Jesus............Frank

2009/10/11 15:02
ThePilgrim

Re:

Frank,

It is not like Scotland and there are many different reasons for my statement.
Scotland still has living memory to the 1949 revival and has some tangible access to the presence of God.
There are ministries in Scotland that are already prepared for Revival, such as PWAM, who are stirring Scotland and England.

If you think that all you need to do in Wales is do what you do in Scotland then you come ill prepared. This is a struggle for life the life of a nation. The Devil will not run because you can recite the scripture. The only time that Satan has ever run is when he is confronted with a manifestation of Christ.

The central message will always be Christ, the cross, and repentance. Please don't come just for the singing. Before the nation can be turned, the Church must be challenged.

Now Brother, let me encourage you to continue in your zeal. I sense the fiery desire within, and this is of the Lord, nevertheless, hold back I say, and pour out of your gift in due season.

May the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ bless you in your faithfulness. Continue to pray for Wales as I pray for Scotland.

Pilgrim

2009/10/11 16:21Profile

Re:

With my hands lifted up
And my mouth filled with praise

That song takes me back! :)
"Darkness is light to you" Praise God!

I will always have a fondness for the people of Greenock~ they have such open and friendly hearts... Whilst driving to the Greenock revival conference on the last evening there, I managed to get my car stuck in a bog! Through this, God enabled me to have a very good chat with a policeman who came to my rescue. Noticing my english accent, he was asking me what I was doing in Scotland, so I told him about the revival conference and proceded to share about the previous revival in the Hebrides, how the move of God drastically lowered the crime rate and how God is our only hope for this nation. I don't know how much got through to him, but he seemed to be listening and was very thoughtful. I told him that I would be praying for him and he smiled and said thank you.
The RAC had already been called, but it was the provision of God to have a policeman turn up (and be able to share with him) and whilst I was talking to the policeman, a van turned up (they just happened to be driving past!) with people whose job it is to help the police rescue motorist! I didn't know how long I would have had to wait for the RAC! They pulled my car out for free when normally it would cost £50. I was only a few minutes late at the last meeting of the conference, to hear the message Keith Daniel gave. Praise God for His providence!

Edit: We will be keeping the upcoming Greenock evangelism in our prayer when we get together to pray here, as well as the revival conferences in Wales, Ireland and IN. :)
Double edit: Pilgrim, I have driven through Wales and past Loughor Chapel. I saw old chapels that had been closed down, or changed into warehouses in the area and it made me sorrowful. (This considering that even some of the public houses were turned into places of worship and prayer, in the 1859 revival in Wales). I can well understand your desire for Wales to be revived. The Greenock conference was merely the beginning, God's work is continuing through the upcoming evangelism and through the Christians who live there. I am praying that God will do another work in Wales, that the conference will be the beginning. No place is too dark for God... darkness... light... it makes no difference to God's power. I'm sure God's work did not finish with Wales after the 1904 revival. :)

2009/10/11 16:40

Re:

Well brother I will just say God bless you too. What we definately have in common is to see damage done to the kingdom of darkness.

"Behold the Lamb of God that taketh away the sins of the world."

2009/10/11 17:24

Re:

HI dear sister

The steps of a righteous woman are ordered of God. May the seed of your words to that policeman grow and bear much fruit in his life. Thank you for your prayers for my home town of Greenock. Inverclyde was recently in the papers for being one of the worse areas in Scotland for drugs and crime. May the blackness of this report be the backdrop to the pearl of great price that is about to be displayed. As always , we come to war, not as the world wars of course, we come humbly, on our knees, in the name of Jesus. We know that in the natural places like Scotland and Wales and indeed Britian as a whole look very bleak spiritually. Yet, as we take our place on our knees, with eyes tight shut and head towards heaven, our spiritual eyes are open to the Glory that is God. In the natural we are surrounded by the forces of darkness, in the spiritual we see the Son of God on a white horse and a two edged sword with the glories of Calvary at His back and it is to HIm that we cry out. "Lord lead us into battle, may your Spirit go before us and may our heavenly Father be glorified in all the earth." ......Frank

2009/10/11 17:36

Re:

Quote:
We know that in the natural places like Scotland and Wales and indeed Britian as a whole look very bleak spiritually. Yet, as we take our place on our knees, with eyes tight shut and head towards heaven, our spiritual eyes are open to the Glory that is God. In the natural we are surrounded by the forces of darkness, in the spiritual we see the Son of God on a white horse and a two edged sword with the glories of Calvary at His back and it is to HIm that we cry out. "Lord lead us into battle, may your Spirit go before us and may our heavenly Father be glorified in all the earth."

2009/10/12 7:32
kathleen1

Re:

Hey Pilgrim, what website did you find? The link you gave was an email link. I love to hear Pastor John Watkins preach...as well as BH Clendennen...would love to hear how he is doing. I've never heard him called the Rainmaker, though. I do have all the messages posted on SI of his, though. They are wonderful.

2009/11/20 11:13Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy