SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Doctrine of the Second Coming

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
tincture

Doctrine of the Second Coming

My thoughts on the second coming.

It was while I was listening to Brother Nathan's message (whatchmanscry.com) about Aaron’s call to die that my attention was drawn to Acts 1:11

"Ye men of Galilee why stand ye gazing up into heaven?
This same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven."

Suddenly, I saw it in a whole different light.....

First the question from the angels!

Why are you gazing up into heaven?

Haven't we been taught to be looking up into the heavens for his second coming by men?

yet the angels are asking them why are they looking up into heaven?

He is not coming back this way but "THIS SAME JESUS",

Which Jesus?

The one that came in the flesh to be crucified whom everyone recognized? Or, was it the Resurrected Jesus no one recognized who had been given all power and authority in heaven and in earth?

The angels are making a distinction between the two. Christ in the flesh and Christ in the Spirit with power, authority, and glory.

“THIS SAME JESUS” which they were looking at, the same Jesus that no one recognized unless He supernaturally revealed himself was the very same Jesus the angels told them they were going to see returning. He would return in an unrecognizable form, hence the statement “this same Jesus”.

They were showing His return would be in the same power that it took to resurrect Him, not necessarily as a physical person. There will be a great display of God’s power in the second coming of Christ.

Paul said in 2 Cor 5:16 "yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we [him] no more.”

The angels are saying; if you are looking for him after the flesh, to descend from heaven in the flesh, forget it because his second coming will not be like that.

The first and second coming prophecy in Joel says it will be the great and terrible day of the Lord. We now know there is a space in between great and terrible. The great being the first coming and the terrible being the second coming.

The scriptures teach His first coming is as a lamb and His second coming is as a lion?

The first coming is to forgive and save but the second coming is to judge the quick and the dead.

Eph 2:5 “Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved.”

2Ti 4:1 I charge [thee] therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead AT HIS APPEARING and his kingdom;

Maybe there is a space of time between His appearing and His Kingdom and we are living in that space right now.

If Christ’s first coming took 33 and a half years, wouldn’t it be logical to assume His second coming would take a space of time on the earth as well? In Christ’s first coming only a handful knew or recognized him or were supernaturally shown it was Him.

Matt: 24:37-40

“But as the days of Noe were, so shall also is the coming of the son of man. For as in those days they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. THEN shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.”

In luke’s account he says,
“there shall be two in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.”

Remember the great tsunami of 2004 that moved the earth off it's axis?

Did you see the news of the beautiful model sleeping in bed with her boyfriend when the tsumani came and it washed them both away and the wave took his life but spared hers?

And it was a great vacation spot where the people were completely at ease celebrating the birth of Christ. Do you think that was a coincidence?

Rev. 1:7 says, “every eye shall see him…”

Well, every eye watched in disbelief as they beheld the wave of the century take close to a quarter of a million lives.

God has indeed done just as he said he would do in Hebrews 12:26 “Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.”

I would say the earth moving off of its axis would be a fulfillment of this one verse alone.

Something tells me this is just the beginning of His second coming and that we have been in it since 2004 and the Lion of the Tribe of Judah is roaring and upon the earth.

The second coming is upon us….."thy kingdom come thy will be done ON EARTH as it is in Heaven."

It is happening NOW and just as the Lord did not "show" himself and remained hidden for 30 years the wise only knew he was there. Even so the Lord is "revealing" himself to His beloved in this great hour we are living in.

In the first coming the last 3 and a half years of Christ’s ministry on earth were the most effective with a resurrection at the end of it.

If we follow type and pattern then the last 3 and a half years of his second coming will be followed by a resurrection of the people of God known also known as the last trump and the Kingdom of God will be established upon the EARTH.

John 4:29 The woman at the well said, “come see a man..”

The ones who saw Jesus wanted to declare him. I too, want to shout, “come and see a LION, the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, He is here and His Kingdom is at the door.

2009/10/1 15:07Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: Doctrine of the Second Coming

Wasn't this posted in another thread?

2009/10/1 16:49Profile

Re:

Sure was KingJimmy, it was probably something I said.

2009/10/1 16:57

Re:

No no bro canook - it's not your fault.
This thread is by "tincture" and the other one is by "tincture7". ;-)

2009/10/1 17:28

Re:

2 Tinctures with the same prescriptions?

2009/10/1 17:33
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
Jesus-is-GOD wrote:
No no bro canook - it's not your fault.
This thread is by "tincture" and the other one is by "tincture7". ;-)

Yeah, but the same post!

So yes, DeepThinker "2 Tinctures with the same prescriptions" or different nicknames!

I think he forgot he posted it or couldn't find it!

2009/10/1 17:51Profile

Re:

Couldn't find what? His first or second sign-on name?

See what you started Canook --- :-P

They say if you open the door to something in the church, then it will attract more.

Don't make me come up there DT. 8-)

2009/10/1 19:08
tincture7

Re: 2 tinctures

sorry, my first time posting and i did not know the first one took. i am tincture and tincture 7 that is because i couldn't remember I had already signed up so I signed up again. confusing but I am getting there.

2009/10/1 19:31Profile

Re:

No problem, as I just posted elsewhere - I'm a tad senile myself - but it's still all the Canook's fault. ;-)

So we'll take this to here -

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=30772&forum=36&start=0&viewmode=flat&order=0]The Second Coming[/url]

2009/10/1 19:46

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy