SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Why can't christians unite to change America's ways?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Why can't christians unite to change America's ways?

Good article.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=111154

2009/9/28 7:44

Re: Why can't christians unite to change America's ways?

I suggest a through study of 1st and 2nd Kings (I'm in it now) might disabuse any follower of Jesus living in the US the well-intetioned, yet disastorous heart cry to "take back" America, via a quasi-theocracy.

If history has shown us anything, its that theocracies ALWAYS break bad. just my two copper coins.

2009/9/28 9:55

Re:

Seems like you have sharpened the edges of those copper coins. Cut with care.

2009/9/28 10:00
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

This is one of the problems that must so
greatly grieve the heart of our Lord.
Think of the wonderful works that could
be done for the cause of Christ and His kingdom
if only the Church would act as One Body of
Christ!!

2009/9/28 10:03Profile

Re:

Quote:
This is one of the problems that must so greatly grieve the heart of our Lord. Think of the wonderful works that could be done for the cause of Christ and His kingdom if only the Church would act as One Body of Christ!!

Actually the church is more together spiritually then it has in the last few decades. Prosperity pushed us away from God affliction has drove us to God. These times have all happened before and they will continue to happen again. The Church becomes lukewarm, God sends a hand to correct that, people repent, find their true love, and the cycle is again repeated. It's human nature to forget God during prosperous times, we simply don't need God, as awful as that sounds, He is pushed to the back for a later time. That is why David said, "Don't make me too rich lest I forget You".

So the days we are living in is good. We need these hard times to draw closer to Jesus. That is the purpose of persecution and tribulation, one glorifies Jesus the other purifies us, eliminating the spot and the wrinkle.

2009/9/28 10:19
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re:

I agree, Deep Thinker; that GOD does and will
use affliction and persecution to drive the
Church to it's knees and bring it together
as ONE. His will be done !!

2009/9/28 13:27Profile

Re:

Deep Thinker... I was gonna add to the discussion, but you stole the words right out of my keyboard!

Well stated.

Krispy

2009/9/28 16:24
ginnyrose

Mississippi

QUOTE: Why can't Christians unite to change America's ways?

Interesting question....

Ever since I saw it here I never could get away from one idea and that is that it will never happen.

This is a very self, human centered question. It relies on human efforts and therein lies the problem. It has within it the seeds of certain failure. Oh, there may [i]appear[/i] to be some success but I doubt it will be success that has any eternal value.

Why so? because then man would get the credit. On the other hand when people are led by the Spirit they will find other like-minded folks who are also led by the HS and together they get things done. But it will be according to God's standards, not man's.

Remember how Paul and Barnabas were about to go on a missionary journey and .. "As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them." Acts 13:2.

Christians are not above getting political and abusing power....

My opinion,...and I have a few,

ginnyrose

2009/9/28 22:42Profile
Leo_Grace

Topic: Why can't christians unite to change America's ways?

Because most of these "Christians" in America are really not Christians. They call on Christ's name, but they don't bother to learn His teachings. They obey Him only if it serves their own purposes. They care more for what other people think of them than for what God thinks of them.

They are [i]"lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power."[/i] (2Ti 3:2-5)

2009/9/28 23:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy