SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : I highly exalt you my great high priest

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
brodav9

Sylacauga Alabama

I highly exalt you my great high priest

Heb. 7:25-26 He is able-- that is the opp. of unable. to save them to the (uttermost)--- Greek, panteles-- full end-- that is entire. I bow to worship at this point. wipe my tears and continue now-- we have come to God by him-- thank you Jesus. He ever lives to make intersession for us. Oh my great prayer warrior, stedfast , unmovable ,unchangable, and much more. This great high priest who is most holy, harmless, undefiled-- never sinned. never became sin, seperate from sinners. made higher than the heavens, add who is eternal. --- song-- there is none holy as the Lord, there is none holy beside thee, neither is there any rock like our God, there is none holy as the Lord. ----song--- your name is higher than any other, your name is Jesus , your name is Lord,repeat stnza-- your name is wonderful, your name is councilor, your name is prince of peace, the mighty God , your name is higher than any other your name is Jesus your name is Lord. You will never be able to say no one is praying for me-- why? because Jesus is continually praying for you before the Father. We pray for you to but it is much different. lift Jesus higher lift Jesus higher lift him up for the world to see he said if I be lifted up from the earth I will draw all men unto me. praise his holy name thank him adore him bless his name.

2009/9/25 22:33Profile
brodav9

Sylacauga Alabama

Re: I highly exalt you my great high priest

In the Psalms 57:2-11 and Ps.8:1 David is praying because he is encompassed about by enemies. He is desiring that God would come into his situation to help him. Then he praises God and says his heart is fixed will trust God completely. We then see the statement several times, be exalted oh God above the heavens. In Heb.7:26 we have Jesus made higher than the heavens. When Jesus returned back to the Father, he became our great high priest and did something amazing. He ever lives to make intersession for us. David said God is higher than the heavens and prays for his help but Jesus is made higher than the heavens and (he) prays for us instead. That our faith fail not, and that we will make it through all we go through. He is a mediator there for us standing between Father and us. all on the merits of his atonement which he purchased us and gave full redemption.

2009/9/26 18:45Profile
brodav9

Sylacauga Alabama

Re: the anointing

In Ex. 14:15 Aaron being a great high priest was anointed according to the will of God. Ex.29:29 even the priest garments were holy. In Lev.16:32-34 The priest who is anointed and puts on the holy garments shall make atonement for all in the tabernacle and for all the people of Israel each year. Now we have the basis for the next statement. I will use point a-b-c- etc. a. Jesus our great high priest Heb.4:14 B. He offers for sin once and not yearly or daily. Heb. 9:7 and 7:27 c. He is anointed Lk.4:18, Acts 4:27, Messiah-- Heb. and Christ Greek means anointed. to sum it up-- Jesus Christ the anointed of God, is our great high priest-- for all great high priests are anointed, who offered up once and for all for our sins. Now in his office he shows forth the atonement made for his people as their high priest, and intercedes for them. This is a everlasting covenant. John Hagee says in his book Jesus is not the Messiah. but to be a great high priest you have to be anointed. Jesus was anointed with the Holy Spirit. That is why he is called Christ(anointed) He is the lamb of sacrifice also. The lamb had to be without blemish. Pilot said I find no fault in him. He was sinless and spotless, and most holy, therefore accepted by the father for us as our atonement.

2009/9/29 22:25Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy