Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Rain, Rain

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Rain, Rain

A year ago we were very concerned about the wide-spread drought that plagued our country. Atlanta was worried about their water supply because their source - Lake Lanier - was dropping and it was not being replenished with rain. We traveled through this area in '08 and noticed the water levels in the lakes and it indeed was frightening. It is unsettling to see weeds grow on dry river beds/banks.

Now. Now you are having floods in GA and to a lesser degree here. Lake Lanier is at the moment 3.1' below the full level.

In our area the soil is so saturated that any amount of rain runs off and what doesn't just sits. You walk on our yard and it is squish, squish; the grass is beginning to look like a hayfield. My husband does not want me to mow because he says it will leave tracks all over the yard. And I think that it will soon rain and wash the mud off! (But I will do as he bids me to.)

Drought one year, too much rain the next. Drought kills vegetation, and even the trees will shed their leaves in the summer when it gets bad and I have seen this. And too much rain: the crops grew well [this year], and now it is harvest time and the early soybeans (don't know about the late beans) are rotting in the hulls...losses everywhere.

Drought seems to evoke questions of endtimes calamities. We know drought can evoke famines. But ever consider that too much rain can do likewise?

Are we living in perilous times? Perhaps the current wet conditions can be explained scientifically, but in all my life I have never seen the frequency of flooding as we have seen in the past several years. Years ago it was mostly a local phenomenon, not as widespread, or so it seemed.

This is what I have been thinking about a lot in the past week or so...

ginnyrose

2009/9/23 11:29Profile
MaryJane

Re: Rain, Rain

Greetings ginnyrose

I read your post before I went to the grocery store today. I thought it was kind of interesting that when I got to the store to buy some chili beans I was surprised to see the shelf practically empty. It could have been that they just had not had time to restock(don't know) but it made me think about what you had shared. We always think of drought as being a really bad thing, the worst that can happen but many crops are destroyed by to much rain as well, entire fields can end up washed away.

Anyway as I stood there I felt the urging of the Lord to buy a few extra cans of black beans, and kidney beans to put in the pantry. Thanks for sharing

God Bless
maryjane

2009/9/24 0:39Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Rain, Rain

Now the situation is getting worse.

We had nice rains this summer. They came when needed giving farmers great expectations for bumper crops. Most of the corn has been harvested but now the rest of the field crops are siting in the fields rotting, including cotton. Cotton is falling off of the plants; too much rain on the bolls will effect the staple and eventually render it useless.

Our rains are not heavy but we are getting much rain over the course of a week: two inches now, another couple inches a day or so later; and then an inch the next day - something like that. Rivers are high, flooding is becoming normal.

Many folks are definitely thinking about God during this time. What change this will evoke, only He knows. If only one person would come to the LORD it would be worth it. (Remember the story of the man in the tombs? His redemption cost someone a whole herd of hogs.)

ginnyrose

2009/10/14 8:00Profile
brodav9

Sylacauga Alabama

Re: God is calling

I hope that this prophetical message will not be taken in the wrong way. God is dealing with the people of this world right now. it humbles me to know what he is saying. Ezek. 34:26 Because of the rejection of God instead of showers of blessing there is judgement. Now for the Christian it's just like with Elijah when he prays for no rain for 3 years. The saints were taken care of. God cared enough for his people that he raised up Joseph to put back grain for the famine. Phil. 4:19 remains the same. Think big you might like chili but God may want to give you Tbone steak. let it be unto you according to your faith.

2009/10/16 18:56Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
I hope that this prophetical message will not be taken in the wrong way. God is dealing with the people of this world right now. it humbles me to know what he is saying. Ezek. 34:26 Because of the rejection of God instead of showers of blessing there is judgement. Now for the Christian it's just like with Elijah when he prays for no rain for 3 years. The saints were taken care of. God cared enough for his people that he raised up Joseph to put back grain for the famine. Phil. 4:19 remains the same. Think big you might like chili but God may want to give you T Bone steak. let it be unto you according to your faith.

brodav,

I get your point. You are right. God has to remove these things that give us a lot of security so we will be forced to learn to trust him. And most of us are scared of this process. But God is always good, even his ways...it is people that are not good and he works to redeem folks, and brother there are millions that need it. When I pray for the needy I will also pray that I would not get in God's way when he is working with them.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

EDIT: the newspaper says our rain so far this year is 16 inches above normal.

2009/10/19 21:50Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy