SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Hypnosis and Christianity Sermons/teachings?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
Could you please educate me on the distinction between a soul and a spirit? It is a vague matter to me at this time. Thanks.

Just to add to Paul's excellent response to your question; according to 1 Thessalonians 5:23, God made man with a body, soul, and spirit. Man was made to be the temple of God. When God gave Moses the pattern for the tabernacle the same three part division was seen.

The outer court, representing the body, the Holy Place representing the soul, and the Most Holy Place representing the spirit. God's presence was in the Most Holy Place, from there He talked with man.

The soul of man consists of the mind, the emotions, and the will and man cannot touch God with any of these, just as he can't touch God with his body, because God is spirit. If we don't distinguish between soul and spirit, as Paul West pointed out, we can be quickly deceived.

In Christ,

Ron

2009/9/23 21:18Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
Some are lambs, some are goats...and the goats always butt

brotom, this is so true...I sure hope this metaphor is not lost on urban folks who know nothing or little about the behaviours of goats..

This description describes accurately the reactions of unrepentant sinners when confronted with Biblical truth.

ginnyrose

2009/9/23 21:33Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

We just finished HC and the kids are in bed :-)

Brad did not come tonight. The group had a great conversation about last weeks House Church. We went into bibically why Hypnosis is not to be practiced, nor incouraged.

On a personal note, I would like to say that after taking the time in prayer this week, I am suprised at how much this issue has been weighing in on me. Over the last week I have been more stressed and pre-occupied with this situation then I should have been. I usually am very at ease with those who are lost and such, but not with this situation. Attacked from the enemy.

I pray that His truth was spoken to Brad last week and that His truth will be impressed upon Brad's heart. Please continue to pray for Brad, and for our protection.

Blessings my friends.

2009/9/23 23:15Profile
Theophila

Re:

Dear Father,
Let your name is honored and worshiped! I thank you for your work in my brother's house. I thank you for the light of the glorious gospel that's shining through his home. I thank you that your word is yea and amen; that your word is always true.
I ask that you send angelic reinforcements within and about my brother's home; that no contrary spirit be allowed access to this home. I ask that draw him into your secret place; that you give him greater revelation in the word, that he may behold wondrous things therein.
I thank you that you're his shepherd and he does not want.
Blessed be your name, Lord, forever and ever.
In Jesus' name, Amen

2009/10/3 17:21Profile

Re: Hypnosis and Christianity Sermons/teachings?

http://www.psychoheresy-aware.org/e-books/Hypnosis-ebk.pdf

&

http://www.talkjesus.com/ethics-morality/26587-hypnotism-christian-occult-please-read.html#

Happy Sunday!

2009/10/4 4:19
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: Hypnosis and Christianity Sermons/teachings?

The Scriptures, especially in Proverbs, warn about doing things that would put one in alternative states of mind, namely through excess drinking or gluttony. I believe that application would apply to hypnosis as well. Christians should not subject themselves to a hypnotic state of mind any more than they should subject themselves to being drunk.

One could also consider Paul's statement in 1 Corinthians 14 about the gift of prophecy. The pagans that had entered the church thought that the "prophetic" gifts they saw under demonic influence were the same as under God. That is, they believed such caused them to lose control in an ecstasy like state, which allowed them to prophesy or speak in tongues. Paul says that might be the case with demonic things, but, not with the Spirit of God. When one is led by the Spirit of God, one is always under control: "the spirit of the prophet is subject to the prophet."

Blessings.

2009/10/4 8:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy