SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Are those days over?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
I live near Amsterdam in Holland (or: The Netherlands). Our country has completely lost its zeal for God.

Hi Paul,

Didn't realize you were so close to Amsterdam and though knowing a bit about what goes on there came across this yesterday from Ravi Zacharias ministry, part of an outreach from them:

[i]In early September we visited a ministry headquartered in the heart of the world famous red light district of Amsterdam. The director of The Scarlet Cord, Toos, oversees a comprehensive outreach to women in prostitution. This includes, though is not limited to, prevention work among high risk groups likely to be manipulated into prostitution, financial support and housing assistance for those wishing to leave the industry, counseling, and evangelism....[/i] read more
[url=http://www.rzim.org/wellspring/news.php?id=3]http://www.rzim.org/wellspring/news.php?id=3[/url]

Quite an eye opener browsing through all the info there, didn't realize the extent of the human trafficking for one, truly saddening yet thankful that this real 'friendship evangelism' is there.

Quote:
I believe in "friendship-evangelism", but the problem is that the kind of "friendship-evangelism" our "Christians" prefer is this: Become like the world to win the world. Become friends of the world to win the world.

It's the mantra of our age. If anything that is being pressed home lately and is so basic to our understanding it can be largely attributed to the fact that we don't know our Bibles.

Paul, your heart is in the right place brother, fight the good fight, be encouraged, you have my prayers.

And not to diverge to far off topic, Lazarus, what can I say? What comes to mind is;

[i]Luk 3:4 as it is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make ye ready the way of the Lord, Make his paths straight. [/i]

Just know there is a 'Nash' out front and behind you.

2004/9/19 8:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy