Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Ron's precious find

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
brodav9

Sylacauga Alabama

Ron's precious find

after viewing Ron Wyatt's you tube video on the ark of the covenant, he shows the blood going down through the earth quake crack to land on the mercy seat. it came to my atention that the answer to many people had come. Jesus couldn't have first gone down to hell and be born again, nor could his blood made atonement at the time in hell after he was born again. his blood made atonement while he was on the cross. the blood was a pure holy sacrificew right there on the cross. he was our substitute and he was righteous and his blood undefiled.

2009/9/18 15:45Profile
brodav9

Sylacauga Alabama

Re: Ron's precious find

in case you didn't get to see it. The blood was found on the ark. they scraped it off and brought it to a high experienced Israel investigating facility. The results were returned to Wyatt. They were amazed that the blood was still alive in looking through the microscopes. they studied it and saw that it only had half the chromsomes. The reason being he was born of Mary and not Joseph.

2009/9/27 8:07Profile
KathleenP

Maine

Re:

This man was very humble and dear, and I was sad that so many seemed doubtful that God would use an unknown to discover such things as he. He was very grateful to the Lord and I think it was in a video where he was giving a tour through (Zedekiah's?) cave that he spoke on why he felt the Lord would use someone as himself to find these things.

We all expect excellent video production and experienced scientists to speak but God said he would choose that which is weak and despised to confound the things that are wise.

I loved these documentaries, and I believe that these things will be key in the last days. I will enjoy them once again as I am always blessed hearing him speak.

Thanks for posting this as a reminder.

2009/9/27 8:43Profile

Re:

No offence but Ron was a fraud according to most
archaeological experts secular and christian.
According to: http://creationwiki.org/Ron_Wyatt
"Ronald Eldon Wyatt (1933 - 1999) was a self-styled archaeologist who was probably one of the most controversial recent figures in Biblical archaeology and the Creationist movement. Most Creationists are familiar with Wyatt's claims concerning the discovery of Noah's Ark at the Durupinar site; but he also claimed to have discovered several other Biblical sites of great importance.

By the time of his death in 1999 Wyatt claimed to have located:

* The true Noah's Ark (the Durupinar site, near but not on Mount Ararat)
* Anchor stones (or drogue stones) used by Noah on the Ark
* The post-flood house and tombs of Noah and his wife
* The location of Sodom and Gomorrah
* The site of the Israelites' Red Sea Crossing (which Wyatt located in the Gulf of Aqaba)
* The true site of the biblical Mt. Sinai (located by Wyatt in Saudi Arabia at Jabal al Lawz)
* The Golden Calf Altar near Mt. Sinai
* The Rock of Rephidim
* The Cave of Machpelah in Hebron (Abraham, Isaac & Jacob's tomb)
* A chamber at the end of a maze of tunnels under Jerusalem containing artifacts from Solomon's temple
* The site of the Crucifixion
* The Ark of the Covenant (in a cave beneath the site of the Crucifixion) "

2009/9/27 16:33

Re: Ron's precious find

Can links be supplied? The start of this post suggests that this was a continuing saga from another thread. I understand the video is on youtube and I certainly can do a search, but perhaps It would be best if we were all on the same page in watching what the original poster had in mind. Thanks

2009/9/27 16:52
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

I saw the video about the Ark of the Covenant (and other "findings" by Ron Wyatt). I don't believe it. In fact, I am not sure if Ron Wyatt was a real "archeologist" or merely a guy who spent years traveling through Biblical lands in the name of his "ministry."

He has no real proof that would be used to validate his claims. In fact, we don't even know if the "garden tomb" tourist site is REALLY the tomb of Joseph of Arimathea (who loaned it to Jesus). There is plenty of criticism to nearly all of Ron Wyatt's claims.

I don't know what would motivate certain men to make such outstanding claims like this. However, we know that the "Church" is filled with them. Ron Wyatt has been dead for a decade...and I can't help but wonder why he made such claims. I do think, however, that any such archeological proof would have been published and substantiated by existing archeological bodies (including the various credible Christian archeological bodies in the area).

:-(

2009/9/28 1:00Profile
brodav9

Sylacauga Alabama

Re: making a point

We live in a age of skepticism where we all are free to give our opinion. I am a open minded appreciator of opinions. When it comes to things concerning the bible and Christianity, being we are a small minority in a huge world of unbelievers, if we even say Jesus Christ is God, there are those who would discredit that. one example is those who say Jesus shaked with Mary. Those who are unbelievers or liberal Christians use stuff like that to discredit our faith. I believe it is of the utmost importance to stand for all that would lead people to Christ, not saying we believe everything we hear but being sure that we only broadcast our opinion if it would be favorable for Christ. We have many opponants. who would rather say the bible is not true than those who would find means to prove it. To be clear, The holy Spirit is the only means sometimes of confirming what is truth. There are many bible charectors who have little education and were used of God to do and reveal great things. God uses humble ,weak, and even those who are despised, 1 Cor.1:28 to do his will. They said of Jesus this is just a carpenter's son. It is best to lay aside our opinions that would cause others to doubt about God and his word, when we are uncertain we should do everything to give a favorable response rather than a negative one. We must use wisdom in our dealings with mankind. One thing is for sure, that if that blood fell on the ark when Jesus was on the cross, he would not be in a position which many Christians believe today that he died as a sinner on the cross and went to hell to fight the devil and also be born again himself. The blood made atonement that day that's why Jesus said it is finished. He was not a sinner and his blood was most holy while on the cross and it made atonement for our sins--- he had none. That is why I care that this finding be true that the ark was under the cross. God bless-- let us stand for what is true, and be careful to glorify God in what we say and do. may God use us little small insignificant humans to do great things for God. Just like uneducated fisherman. Acts 4:13 extra--I have a powerful music ministry, but because I'm not well known on radio and T.V. and accepted by worldly standards some do not allow me to come. No problem I only desire to sing his praises and glorify him where God sends me. I am not a entertainer but God's servant.

2009/9/28 12:17Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi brodav9...

I don't think that this has anything to do with worldly men or women and/or "liberal" Christians who are opposed to anyone standing for the truth. God can certainly use "foolish things" to confound the wise. Our Lord, of course, used men who were called "unlearned and ignorant" fishermen to spread the Gospel. Yet God chose to have His Word WRITTEN down by these men -- at a time when reading/writing was a rare commodity. Ironically, this isn't just about the educational level of Ron Wyatt. This is a question of whether or not the man's claims are valid to begin with. The question needs to be asked: Did this man deceive, alter, or exaggerate any of his claims?

Ron Wyatt made plenty of outstanding archeological claims. Unfortunately, each one of those claims are unsubstantiated. I don't think that it is a disservice to the faith to question the man's findings. Rather, we are encouraged to TEST EVERYTHING and hold on to only that which is good (I Thessalonians 5:21). This sort of attitude doesn't harm the Gospel -- it magnifies the Truth. In fact, if the claims made by Mr. Wyatt are untrue, his words can possibly turn people AWAY from Christ.

There are plenty of reasons that I would be happy if artifacts mentioned in the Scriptures were found. Yet, I am also aware of that many such things will probably NEVER be found. This does not affect my faith -- because our love of God is in and of itself a matter of "faith." Remember, faith is the substance of things HOPED FOR and the evidence of things NOT SEEN. "[i]Blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed[/i]" (John 20:29). I don't have to see Noah's Ark (as if it still stood after several thousands of years) or even the Ark of the Covenant to believe that they existed. I don't have to know that the Ark was housed in some cavern beneath Golgotha or that blood dripped down from the cross and somehow made its way through the ground and into the cavern and literally fell upon the Ark. Why? God didn't think it was important enough to include in the Word of God!

Anyway, there are plenty of reports that contradict or refute Ron Wyatt's claims. Ironically, the vast majority of these come from Christian organizations (including legitimate Christian archeological organizations). In many instances, I think that sincere skepticism is a good attribute. Since we are encouraged to "test everything" (I Thessalonians 5:21), we can have a Berean type of attitude to verify if what is taught or claimed lines up with Scripture (Acts 17:11). We are to test anything that is presented to us -- even if it were to come from an "angel" (Galatians 1:6-10).

2009/9/28 13:01Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

I don't know anything about Ron Wyatt, but I fail to understand why anyone would think it spiritually significant in the first place that Jesus' blood somehow made its way through a crack in the ground and sprinkled the Old Testament ark that was hidden away in some cave.

Even if that did happen-- and I don't for a second believe that it did... I think this is pure fiction-- but even it if did, there is absolutely no spiritual efficacy in it.

The Lord Jesus Christ is Himself the true Ark of the Covenant, and that Ark was blood sprinkled with the sacrifice of the Cross, declaring God's redemption of sinful man in total forgiveness of sin... and total cleansing of the very conscience to the praise of His glory.

I know there is a lot of confusion about this these days, but Brodav9, please read Hebrews, particularly chapters nine and ten. The writer of Hebrews shows very clearly that the types and shadows of the Old Covenant are fulfilled in Christ. It is His blood effectually sprinkling the conscience that should excite us... not that old artifact of gold.

And actually, where is the Ark? It isn't in some secret cave somewhere. It (I should say, He) is in Heaven (Rev. 11.19).

2009/9/28 14:51Profile
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

To add to ADiciple's post, Christ according to Hebrews 8-10 entered the Heavenly temple which the earthly one was a copy of and there offered His blood once and for all. I've heard the story before of the ark being buried under the hill of Golgotha. It's an interesting speculation.

2009/9/28 17:39Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy