SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is man subverting or encroaching on the work of the Holy Spirit?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
TruthNLove

California

Re:

Hi Leo,

I agree with the main point of your post that we rely on men too much and not nearly enough on the Holy Spirit.
The reality is that we have evolved in to passive / lazy learners content with the crumbs of God's word. It's much easier to use my pc study bible than it is to get my concordance, bible dictionary, cross reference,etc.. This is reflective of today's society and it has impacted our personal pursuit of God. It is very easy for us to sit and listen to be spoon fed rather than diligently seek the scriptures for ourselves.

Now It's obvious and basic to know that spritual maturity happens when we seek the Lord of the Word ourselves, through personal encounters with God. Sermons or books or conferences can and should just be sparks to stimulate these personal encounters.

The reality is that all Christians will not grow into maturity and will always need Pastors and Teachers. I do not necessarily agree that Pastors should "work themselves out of a job" but do believe that they should multiply themselves by training and discipling other believers thus expanding the scope of ministry in building God's kingdom. Furthermore Pastors can be greatly used not necessarily just preaching and teaching but modeling a life of Christ to the Flock (consistantly over the long haul). This is what the Apostle Paul did so effectively which provided encouragement and a example to his sons of Faith. And lastly there are many churches flourishing where Pastors have served for decades. Pastors who have been faithful preaching the Word of God week in and week out, who have multiplied themselves and given ministry away to expand the kingdom of God.

My point was that Churches can flourish and benefit with a Godly Pastor who teaches his flock, protects his flock, guides his flock to personally encounter our God. To your point do all Pastor's do this, maybe not but I don't believe their work is to work themselves out of a job.

Thank you,

2009/9/18 20:09Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, i think we all have too much talk and not enough walk on this site... i am part of a church that wins 30 to 60 a week throughout this city with many outreaches. thats how many we baptize... if your blowing and going in many areas of ministry... unwed mothers... poor... druginfested areas...universities etc. you need to train workers in the kingdom ... you need to wipe a thousand tears... you need to instruct those new in Christ.this is what it is all about...are you saved to serve or be served.jimp
we also have started hundreds of churches around the world...one thing we do not have is critics. the closest church to our south location closed the church service to join us in prayer during the illness of the pastors daughter in law. that church has 7 services a weekend. shut up and get busy loving God and His prople He bled and died for.

2009/9/19 1:44Profile
Leo_Grace

Re:

Dear jimp,

God is more interested in what you harbor in your heart than in all your "good works".

[i]1Co 13:1-7 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.[/i]

That is why we need to heed the voice of the Holy Spirit first and foremost.

In Christ's Love,
Leo

2009/9/19 2:23Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, thank you for your word, my brother ... love will have you weep with intercssion over a lost world... love will have you move into action to aid the lost, the dieing, the hopless,the helpless the blind... love will get you involved in what Jesus wants done on the earth.GO and make disciples of Christ. i remember bro len telling me that love is warning you if you had a lion in your back yard so you do not venture outside. griping and crtisism is why the other chosen people never entered into there inheritance... it is the lion in our back yard...with lovejimp

2009/9/19 2:37Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy