Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Testimony

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Spitfire

Testimony

For those of you who don't know, I've been a member here for five years. When I first arrived, I was befriended by a woman in England. We have since visited together here in the states on two occasions and on one of those visits in 2006, she met my oldest daughter. After she returned to England, she began to mention to me that she had a young man that she felt my daughter should meet. To make a long story short, she introduced the two of them by email in August of 2008. They struck up a friendship and now are engaged to be married in July of 2010. My daughter will be moving to England!

I wanted to thank God and give testimony here on SI, because when you think about all of the details that God, himself, has aligned for this to come to pass, it is quite staggering! If I hadn't quit church and become desperate...If I hadn't stumbled upon SI on the internet and joined...If Linn hadn't been on here, too...If Linn hadn't begun to communicate with me, personally...If Linn hadn't spent the money to come to the U.S. for a visit..If Linn hadn't listened to the nudging she felt to introduce two people who lived and ocean apart...If those two people hadn't have been willing to believe what Linn said and meet a complete stranger...If SI hadn't existed...etc, etc, etc.

Folks, God cares for you! That word "cares" in the greek means, he has planned in advance to meet all of your needs. Now, think about that! How far in advance has God planned?! Let's trust Him! He's got a birdseye view of everything and he cares for us! Bless you all. Dian

2009/9/17 7:34Profile

Re: Testimony

Hi everyone!

Quote:
in 2006, she met my oldest daughter

Well, that was the plan, anyway! ;-)

But, God arranged for her luggage to be delayed at the airport, and by the time Dian and I got back from Neil's show, she was asleep, and the next morning we left very early, when she was still asleep.

From my point of view, that makes the present romance all the more amazingly of God, as well as, unknown to me, the young man had prayed for 'an Eliezer'!

Truly, there has been a great deal of faith exercised by all concerned, not least by two young Christians holding out for a serious number of years, for [u]only[/u] God's choice, for their marriage partner.

May the Lord get ALL the glory!

2009/9/17 9:02

Re:

That is a beautiful testimony! Thank you for sharing it and congratulations to the couple!

2009/9/17 15:04
Spitfire

Re: more "what ifs"

...if Greg Gordon had never started SI. If Greg Gordon had never been born again...If Greg Gordon had never been born...If the person who influenced Greg Gordon for Christ had never witnessed...Come on, ya'll. Help me think of some more...

2009/9/17 17:21Profile
moreofHim

Re:

awesome! :-)

2009/9/17 17:27Profile
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
Help me think of some more...

What a lovely story.
And to think: you are only seeing it up till this present point in time. Imagine what God is seeing through the eyes of eternity!

Diane

2009/9/26 8:41Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy