Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : want to know

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

want to know

Is it wrong or sinful to cry when someone we know dies, if they are not saved? I know we are to be about the living, I know that the Word tells us to be about the living, but is it sinful to think or reflect on the person when someone passes away just for a short time? Just to think about some of the happy times you may have had with them, just for a little while, would that be wrong?

Thanks for any help with this you might have
mj

2009/9/16 23:00Profile

Re: want to know

Of course it isn't wrong MaryJane. I've cried for people I didn't even know when they've passed away unsaved.

I've cried for those who passed-on that were saved.

Seems very normal to me. Jesus wept.

Just watch your health Sis. My immune system goes south if I cry too much.
Praying you're feeling better health wise.
GOD Bless!

2009/9/16 23:19
Leo_Grace

From Scripture:

Ac 8:2 [b]Godly men buried Stephen and mourned deeply for him.[/b]

It is not wrong to mourn the death of a loved one.

2009/9/16 23:42Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Quote:
Is it wrong or sinful to cry when someone we know dies

I sure hope not, because then Christ would have been a sinner for weeping when Lazarus died.

You are human, and have emotions. You did not lose your "humanness" when you became a Christian.

2009/9/16 23:59Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

[u][b]Romans 12:15 (NKJV)[/b][/u]

"Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep."

2009/9/17 0:08Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

MaryJane asked, " Is it wrong or sinful to cry when someone we know dies, if they are not saved?"

I would think this would be the most grievous thing that can happen to a Christian: to have a loved one die who you know was not ready to meet the LORD. This will require a complete casting of oneself upon the LORD for comfort. Nothing else will suffice. But you must also know that the LORD did whatever he could to redeem him/her and if that person spurned Him, that was a choice they made and you can do nothing about it. So do not assume responsibility for something that does not belong to you.

God bless you...

ginnyrose

EDIT: Yes, it is OK to cry, just do not kill yourself doing it. Give your grief to Jesus and let him help you carry it.

2009/9/17 1:11Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Thank you all for your honest replies. After my dad died someone reminded me that we are to be about the living. They quoted a scripture to me and I thought that if I allowed myself to be emotional that I would be in sin. I have not cried over the loss of my dad and I am not sure if that would help to do so or not. I guess in my heart I am wondering if my tears should be for my dad, or Jesus. Jesus is the one who suffered and died for my dad.

ginnyrose wrote:But you must also know that the LORD did whatever he could to redeem him/her and if that person spurned Him, that was a choice they made and you can do nothing about it. So do not assume responsibility for something that does not belong to you.
__

I am very grateful for what you wrote here. I know that the Lord offered my dad so many chances to repent and live his life unto the Lord. SO many times that he was near death only to be given one more opportunity to come to see his need for Jesus. Father was beyond merciful with my dad, just as He is with us all. I guess in some ways his dieing seems unreal to me. The other night I was praying and having some quite time. I began praying for my unsaved family members, brothers, sisters, and my mom, when I found myself asking for the Lord to help my dad, before I could finish the thought the Lord quickened to my heart that where my dad was concerned that matter has been settled. There was no longer any reason to pray for him. I thanked God for all that He had done while my dad was alive and I continued seeking Him for others who are still here with us, that they might come to Him before it is to late. Not sure what it means that I forgot my dad died, perhaps Father is showing me that I have made praying for others in my family to much of a routine habit instead of an earnest plea for their salvation? Not sure...

Thanks you all again
God Bless
maryjane

2009/9/17 12:54Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy