SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Would you please share an edifying testimony?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
anonymity

Would you please share an edifying testimony?

Hello saints, beloved, excellent ones in whom is all His delight.

I have a thought and request to share.

I have now for about 7 years been walking with God. Seeking to give Him my all. I have been able to carry out "some" powerful ministry and carry some authority with me and see God work providentially and supernaturally.

Still though in light of all this. All this study and education in theology and the word, power in ministry though limited, and a certain level of maturity, among some other things.

I feel as if at the base of it all. At the foundation of it all. In the simplest and most real I lack. It pains me SO. I hunger for reality in God. Mainly, what I am saying is that even though I have these things I still struggle to trust God.

Trusting God in simplicity and believing and relying. And so though I have much of the other things I still lack in the most important that being faith.

So, I am asking that you all would share some times in your life where God broke through and did great things. Or times when God provided for you. Please tell the real happening from God it would bless my soul.

It is hard seeking to live a authentic Apostolic lifestyle by faith. In a cultural context of apostasy where often one has to teach himself and learn all things from God alone. Trying to break past false traditions and compromises. Having to often go it alone and just learn all things alone without a elder who can bring him forward and call him up. It is hard when one cannot jump into a large denomination or other things.

I ask here because I would like to hear from conservative fundamental believers that I can trust. It seems that there is not enough sharing of these things and I am sure that many have such great testimonies to tell of God's faithfulness and we should tell them.

So yes please tell of God working supernaturally in life and ministry, providing for your natural well being, gifts of the Spirit, truths from Scriptures, and other things.

[b]Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end; While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.[/b] Hebrews 3:12-15

[b]So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.[/b] Hebrews 3:19

[b]And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as [is] the manner of some, but exhorting [one another], and so much the more as you see the Day approaching. For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.[/b] Hebrews 10:24-27

2009/9/15 18:15Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: Would you please share an edifying testimony?

As I have mentioned previously, my husband and I were traveling musicians when we were saved. We stayed in the occupation we had when called after wards. One time we were 'between gigs' (meaning broke and on the road) we were driving an ancient VW van with the gas gauge reading empty. We had no money for gas. We were disengaging the transmission going down hills and thanking God for the Free Rides. Praying for help, as we pulled into Ashland, Va., we saw a motel with a sign that read, "Help Wanted - Apply within." We did and got hired that night for maintenance and furnished a room.

Of course the job was not one we could stay with due to many circumstances but we will never forget how the van kept running until we reached the oasis. Praise Jesus!

That is only one incident out of a multitude but I wanted to give you something to chew on for the time being.

Best regards,
white stone

2009/9/15 19:15Profile
Leo_Grace

Re: Would you please share an edifying testimony?

Back in the late 1980s in the Philippines, I was still a young Christian - about 2 or 3 years in Christ. Due to a job reassignment, I found myself working in Metropolitan Manila and spending my weekends in Dagupan, a small city about 6 hours' ride by bus to the north. My weekends were spent with brothers and sisters in Christ at the Southern Baptist Church in Dagupan. I was very active in local church activities and we normally spent the weekends in fellowship, prayer, worship, bible study, and forays to various mission points around the city. I would normally leave Manila for Dagupan at around 5:30 PM every Friday, and start the return trip to Manila at 2:00 AM Monday morning.

Early one Monday morning, it was raining very heavily as I was preparing for my 2:00 AM bus ride back to Manila.

([i]Now those of you who have lived in the Philippines know that the rain over there is much more intense than in the US. What is called rain in the US is just a drizzle in the Philippines. So when I say it was raining heavily, I mean the rainfall was so thick that you could not see through it for more than 15 to 20 feet.[/i])

Knowing that I had to walk about half a mile from my apartment to the bus station, I silently prayed, as I packed my things, for God to stop the rain so I could catch my ride without getting drenched. When the time came to leave, the rain was still pouring heavily, so I decided to just start walking.

As soon as I stepped out the door, the rain around me abruptly stopped. Praising God, I walked quickly, sometimes skipping from one dry spot to another to avoid the large puddles in the road. It was actually still raining in the city as I walked, but the area immediately around me was without rain. It remained this way until I got to the bus station, but as soon as I boarded the bus, the small island of refuge that God provided disappeared, and unbroken sheets of rain fell all around the bus.

God has done many miracles in my life that I can look back on to remind myself of His power and His love.

2009/9/16 0:51Profile
anonymity

Re:

That's a really good testimony Whitestone thanks :).

That's pretty cool Leo thanks.

2009/9/18 20:56Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy