SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : francis chan video, very inspiring and challenging to the church

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

francis chan video, very inspiring and challenging to the church

i have no idea who this man is, but he is worth seeing in this video, he makes some good statements.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFTHxZx5VDs&feature=related]Francis Chan highlights[/url]

2009/9/12 4:20Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re: francis chan video, very inspiring and challenging to the church

Brother, check this one out too... it's challenging.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA_uwWPE6lQ

2009/9/12 10:29Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

TaylorOtwell wrote:
Brother, check this one out too... it's challenging.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA_uwWPE6lQ

thanks, it is, he speaks a fresh word, we have a tendency of just "flowing" into the "systems", that we would just live by the book....

2009/9/12 13:00Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

i went to brother Francis church website and i have listened to two of his sermons, and they where very edifying and encuraging, and very challenging, so far i can say his preaching is very eternity focued and that is what we need in this times, go here and for download some of his sermons [url=http://www.cornerstonesimi.com/special/media_player.html]cornerstone media[/url]

2009/9/12 15:46Profile
Laviver

Re:

I didn't care for this message. It's becoming an almost tired message for me. This wave of preaching has a good heart in that it seeks change to some of the more positive elements of 1st century church. At the same time it always naively glamorizes the early church as though it was some perfection of perfections.

As Francis pounds his bible he says he doesn't see what's in there out here (something along those lines) and broadly sweeps all of that historical church into a category of rightness and perfect model. And while its true that church initiated the pattern, it by no means lived it out as grandly and as gloriously as it prescribed.

I feel we read the 'good parts and good times' of Acts and then stamp that into this generic, all-encompassing phenomena that was the early church definitively.

In reality, the Word tells us of all the problems they encountered. From the division in Acts 6 over racial problems to the incest in the letter to Corinth and everything in between. Was the first church a great church, in its own right yes. Was it alot like any other age of the church, in its own right yes. They dealt with real people and real problems; it was messy; they hammered out doctrinal problems as they dealt with heresy; right down to the letters to the churches in Revelation (where we draw our favorite Laodicean comparison for today's church); etc.

I think the thing that sets them apart is not the collective early church but the caliber of certain individuals within it. They had some mighty men and women of God. As a whole, if you're honest the church looks the same; we just don't have Pauls and Peters (and etc) running around today.

2009/9/12 17:44Profile

Thanks for sharing the link, brother Christian. It was really good. I recently discovered Paster Chan's teachings and have been challenged afresh by his message that is along the same lines as the message found by so many here on SI. I really liked his book, Crazy Love, which I listened to as an audio download from Christianaudio. Phenomenal book.

His book and teachings are a great resource to use to give to people as a starter in waking them up to the reality of the lukewarm and unbiblical state(except in the way of fulfilling warnings) of much of the church in the west.

And the thing about Pastor Chan that confirms his teaching is that he and his church are living out what he preaches. Instead of building a mult-million dollar building, they built an outdoor stadium and gave to the poor and needy the extra money they would have spent on a larger building. Yes, they will face some weather discomfort, but they were more willing to show this love towards the needy than care for their own comfort.

Now that is a life changing message.

It's really along the same lines of what K. P. Yohannan preaches.

Praise God for men who faithfully teach the true sayings/commands of Jesus Christ.

2009/9/12 20:46
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re:

Yes I believe Francis is the real deal. I have meet him a number of times and he has come down to The Jonah Project on Skid Row 4 or 5 times to hang out with us. He sure seems to practice what he preaches. I have been to his church a few times and all the messages have been straight forward and very challenging. I work with member of his congregation ( I just got back from working with 30 of them) on Skid Row and they also seem to be wonderful people who are putting to practice the Bible in their own lives.

God bless,

Patrick
www.jonahproject.org

2009/9/12 23:08Profile
davym

I thought this video was good. Made me feel very small though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ya12I036lg

2009/10/6 8:05Profile

Thank you Brother hmmhmm for these links.

If the rest of his messages are anything like this one below - I'd say we've got our definition of the role of a prophet in the church.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=30714&forum=35&5

Praise GOD if that's true.

2009/10/6 9:58

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy