Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Chris Oyakhilome and Christ Embassy

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sam09

UK

Chris Oyakhilome and Christ Embassy

Good Day All,

I wanted to ask if anyone knows about the ministry of Chris Oyakhilome and his Christ Embassy Church. I ask as a friend of mine who recently became a Christian started going to one of their churches in London. I ask genuwinely not to cause stife, if anyone knows anything og his ministry? I know he had some contravesial things surround his ministry, which focuses prominantly healing.

I am also concerned as my friend also has diabeties and has ended up in hospital, on the recommendation from someone in the church who prayed for her that she stop taking her medication as GOD has already healed her, and she just has to believe, and that she does not have to suffer, I am very concerned as she could have died, I believe she has now been told to take her medication, but that she is already healed.

Additionally she has invited my wife and I to one of there conferences in which Chris Oyakhilome will be teaching, but I am reluctant to go due to no fully knowing about nor having peace about this ministry. I know also if I do not go, my friend will want to know why, as I have mentioned some concerns.

Please any advice?

2009/9/11 14:24Profile

Re: Chris Oyakhilome and Christ Embassy

He doctrine and methodology is similar to benny hinn's. That makes him as genuine as a 3 dollar bill.

2009/9/11 14:45
Star_Dust

Re: Chris Oyakhilome and Christ Embassy

Greetings

I go to Christ Embassy and have been going there for about two years now. Pastor Chris is an annointed man of God, by annointed I mean he is full of God, at his meetings if your heart is right and you are ready to receive you can receive if you believe like the woman said.
The thing with healing is it's about faith, faith in what God can do for you. Any spirit-filled christian can pray for your friend to get healing and I think they asked her to stop her medication to build her faith but sometimes in these things we have to exercise wisdom as well. Most miraculous healings at Pastor Chris's meetings happen instantly but some take time and if your friend is/was standing on the word of God they will eventually get their healing, it is true because God says it in His word the bible and he watches over His word to perform it neither is He like a man that He should lie.
You should visit us some time, what's the worst that could happen other than your fears are confirmed or you see a totally different picture to what you have believed thus far, you can be the judge.. rather than relying on other people's opinions.
I hope that helps.

2009/11/8 20:11Profile
sam09

UK

Re:

Thanks for the replies.
Star _Dust: I personally do not agree with his theology (at least what I have heard so far), and my problem was not with Chris himself, my concern was the advice to a new believer to stop taking medication, and in my opinion some mis-application of scripture e.g 'as a Christian you do not have to suffer', which is totally unbiblical, (study the life of Paul in New Testament), in fact we can learn from suffering obedience.

I heard alot of his ministry when I went to Nigeria a few years ago, I do believe in healing, but I do not believe we have the power to tell GOD when He should heal us, unless prompted by the Holy Spirit, at times we may have to persist in prayer and fasting.

GOD works in mysterious ways and I believe He can use even sickness/infimties to bring glory to His name. e,g Paul's thorn in the flesh 2 Cor 12: 7-10. That being said my aim was not to attack Christ Embassy or Pastor Chris (my apologies if it seemed this way), I just wanted advice from some brethren in CHRIST. I believe GOD is in control with my friend's situation.

GOD bless

2009/11/25 13:40Profile
Theophila

Re:

Hi Sam,
I'm not a fan of Christ Embassy. However, if your friend is a new believer and she attends this church, going there to worship with her may stand you in good stead to share your concerns about them with her.

If you decide to go, do ask the Lord for discernment so that you may clearly see/know what's going on.

I can't quite put my finger on what is off-kilter about this ministry but I would pray for your friend till she finds a more balanced congregation

It is well,

2009/11/25 20:36Profile
sam09

UK

Re:

Thanks Thophila, you have a point and I agree, I will very much pray on this.

2009/11/26 10:47Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Hi Sam09,

If you want Christ alone regardless what, run into the opposite direction. A couple of weeks ago, we drove past the Wembley stadium where he preached and my non-christian colleague asked me if I would believe this strange stuff. It is such a shame to see thousands of Africans fall victim to such exploiters, and there are dozens of them around.

This is from his own website
As a Christian, the limit breaker lives in you! He's taken every limitation off your life! You can be as great, successful, prosperous, and victorious as you choose to be, if you'd learn to conquer your handicaps! Conquer whatever that thing is that you would have given as the reason or excuse for your limitation or failure; go beyond it; gain the mastery over it in the Name of the Lord Jesus and by His Spirit in you! Maybe you've dreamed of being a public speaker, but like Moses, you're slow of speech. Tell yourself, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! I'll be the best of me in the Name of Jesus!" Begin today with confidence in the Name of Jesus, to take definite steps towards the actualization of that dream, target and goal of success that you have, and hang up your hang-ups.

2009/11/26 15:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy