SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Official Greetings

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Official Greetings

I was participating in a discussion recently and noticed that a new member of SI was encouraged to introduce himself to the other members. Like any community, it has taken me a little while to get a feel for the community. When I first found the site, I expressed my appreciation for what I discovered. This truly is something special. It suddenly occurred to me, however, that I have never formally introduced myself.

Hello everyone. My name is Travis, and I live in southwestern Missouri. I have a wonderful wife of 16 years and two fantastic sons who, due to adopting them at age 10 and 12, are 19 and 21 years of age and in the process of leaving the nest for good. I have been a high school Mathematics and Physics teacher and a highway construction inspector for the state DOT, and will soon be involved in the founding of a school of ministry and Christian leadership. I have one consuming passion that grows stronger day by day it seems, and that is Jesus Christ. I praise God that He has called me to help equip the saints for the work of the ministry.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my introduction to SI. I have received so much from the sermons and the conversation. To be able to dialogue with brothers and sisters around the globe is such a blessing. God bless you all!!

Travis

2009/9/10 19:44Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re: Official Greetings

Wonderful to have you here dear brother. Please continue to avail yourself to the rich resources this site has to offer.

Quote:
I have one consuming passion that grows stronger day by day it seems, and that is Jesus Christ.

Amen. He is our life, He is our only passion this world. I thank God for your fellowship here.

Brother Paul

2009/9/10 19:57Profile

Re: Official Greetings

Welcome, brother Travis!

I'll have to send you a pm....Joplin is familiar ground to my family. :)

God bless you, brother!

2009/9/10 22:58

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy