Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Sin of Wimping Out

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
elharris

Re:

Dear Brother Jim,

It is obvious that God has called you to him. And that he has called you witness for him and to stand on the truth.

Might I suggest listening to the teachings, by a man named Milton Green.

These are probably the most powerful teachings I've ever heard, and I listen to them over and over.

They will really help you to see your calling, and also to understand the battle better, and what you are dealing with.

I would suggest listening to these teachings, and also watching Milton's personal testamony on the links I'll give below.

He also said, that he could get just about anyone to listen to him but his family. And I found that to be true for me as well. But now after 25 years, my own mother is coming around.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=milton+green+testamony&search_type=&aq=f

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=521

Regards,
El Harris

2009/9/10 23:09Profile
elharris

Re:

Dear Brother Jim,

I am adding to what I wrote last night. I was so tired, I couldn't think straight, and God had given me a verse to share with you.

Did you know that you are BLESSED!

You are blessed brother, because you seem to have the same problem Jesus had.

John 6:1 And he went out from thence, and came into [b]his own country;[/b] and his disciples follow him.

2 And when the sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the synagogue: and many hearing him were astonished, saying, From whence hath this man these things? and what wisdom is this which is given unto him, that even such mighty works are wrought by his hands?

3 Is not this the carpenter, [b]the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us?[/b] And they were offended at him.

4 But Jesus, said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and [b]among his own kin, and in his own house.[/b]

5 [b]And he could there do no mighty work,[/b] save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them.

Now watch as the story of Jesus and the relationship with his mother, brothers and sisters and then friends changes as begins his ministry.

John 7:1 After these things Jesus walked in Galilee: for he would not walk in Jewry, because the Jews sought to kill him.

2 Now the Jew's feast of tabernacles was at hand.

3 [b]His brethren[/b] therefore said unto him, Depart hence, and go into Judaea, that thy disciples also may see the works that thou doest.

4 For there is no man that doeth any thing in secret, and he himself seeketh to be known openly. If thou do these things, shew thyself to the world.

John 7:5 [b]For neither did his brethren believe in him[/b].

So what did his brethren do? Probably went something like this.

MOM....can't you see he's beside himself, going a little nuts, do you realize how this is going to make us look, and the trouble it could get us in with the neighbors and the religious leaders. We've GOT TO DO SOMETHING.

Matt 12:46 While he yet talked to the people, [b]behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him.[/b]

47 Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.

48 But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?

49 And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!

50 [b]For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.[/b]

Get this into your heart and soul Jim, because it will be both your mother, and your friends which will try and persuade you to give up on what God has called YOU....YOU....""YOU"" out to him for. Only with YOUR STAND does any of them ever have a chance.

Please read this next record carefully, paying close attention to verses 21 and 31, where it shows that [b]the family and friends of Jesus, endavored to work together to aprehend him, thinking he was beside himself.[/b] This after he healed the man with the withered hand, and then chose 12 to send forth to do the same as he did.

Mark 3:10 For he had healed many; insomuch that they pressed upon him for to touch him, as many as had plagues.

11 And unclean spirits, when they saw him, fell down before him, and cried, saying, Thou art the Son of God.

12 And he straitly charged them that they should not make him known.

And he goeth up into a mountain, and calleth unto him whom he would: and they came unto him.

14 And he ordained twelve, that they should be with him, and that he might send them forth to preach,

And to have power to heal sicknesses, and to cast out devils:

16 And Simon he surnamed Peter;

17 And James the son of Zebedee, and John the brother of James; and he surnamed them Boanerges, which is, The sons of thunder:

And Andrew, and Philip, and Bartholomew, and Matthew, and Thomas, and James the son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus, and Simon the Canaanite,

19 And Judas Iscariot, which also betrayed him: and they went into an house.

20 And the multitude cometh together again, so that they could not so much as eat bread.

21[b] And when his friends heard of it, they went out to lay hold on him: for they said, He is beside himself.[/b]

[NOW WHO REALLY ARE THE INSANE ONES HERE? His friends and family see him doing all this, and think HE'S the one beside himself. EVEN THE DEVILS knew who he was, but his own family and friends as you will continue to see wanted to STOP him.]

22 And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth he out devils.

23 And he called them unto him, and said unto them in parables, How can Satan cast out Satan?

24 And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.

25 And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.

26 And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.

27 No man can enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house.

28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:

29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.

30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

31 [b]There came then his brethren and his mother, and, standing without, sent unto him, calling him.[/b]

[Why do you think they were calling him? They wanted to get him out alone so his friends could apprehend him. After all he was "beside himself", he was as far as they were all concerned possessed.]

32 And the multitude sat about him, and they said unto him,[b] Behold, thy mother and thy brethren without seek for thee.[/b]

33. And Jesus said unto them, Oh MAN...I forgot to do the dishes. If only I'd done the dishes, I'd of been a better Christian, and they'd believe...oh wait a minute....no such thing as Christians till Acts 11:26...Nevermind.

33 And he answered them, saying, Who is my mother, or my brethren?

34 And he looked round about on them which sat about him, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!

35 For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

Definately sounds like a cult to me.

You know the way friends and family are. The Lord had the SAME PROBLEM.

I mean doesn't it just BLOW YOUR MIND, that his friends and family including his MOM did not believe in him. Well it was after all EMBARRASING! What would it do to their standing in the community and "synagogue" (Church)?

Do you know that years ago, two Catholic young women, converted to a protestant denomination, like the Baptist church, and their parents had them kidnapped and deprogramed, and these girls were adults, going to nursing school.

It's funny because if you were Baptist parents, and your kid converted to being Catholic you could hire the same people to kidnap your kid. Though I think taking people by force now is illegal. But it was a big money business in the 80's. Parent's paid up to 15 to 20 thou. to have their kids kidnapped by a bunch of big thugs and held against their will and forced to renouce whatever it was they were choosing to believe in.

Onc man's cult is another man's church and visa versa. To the RCC every protestant denomination is a cult. And to the established protestant denominations every non demomination is a cult. Jesus was accused of being in a "cult", the SECT of the Nazerines. Truth is, it's the COMPETITION, that's a cult.

Your mom is trying to put a fear guilt thing on you by just using the word "cult". Well buddy, you are in a cult, you are in a sect, the "sect of the Nazerines". Your family, friends and the world will hate you and think your a NUT!

They will think that you are beside yourself, and obvioiusly don't have the brain of a knat, and are just being influenced by those crazy cult people.

Don't be surprised as this thing goes on that you don't come home one day, and sitting in the living room is good old Uncle Joe and Father Flanigan, wanting to have a nice little conversation with you, to talk some "sense" into you.

Don't be surprised if you continue to stand, that you see your sweet mother, become very much more unsweet, and even tell you, you cannot live there anymore.

I feel in my heart, soul, mind and spirit, that God has really called you to his service, and all hell is going to come against you, to try and dissuade you.

But if you STAND against the whiles and onslaughts of the devil, working through the people closest to you, you will defeat him not only in your own life, but in the lives of many others.

YOU ARE NOT NUTS!

YOU ARE CALLED!

You need to follow Jesus around, by going to the gospels and spending time, learning from him, to be like him! HE is your mother, your brother, your father, your sister, you Lord, you Savior, your all in all, and he is CALLING YOU.

Do you not think that if Jesus had problems with his frineds and family that his disciples also had the same?

Look at what they left. Peter and Andrew left the fishing business...well they left it with the servants and their father. You think he was happy about that?

Jesus asked them to leave everything and follow him, because at that time, he was the only one speaking what he spoke, and in order to learn from him, you had to literally follow him around all over the place.

The written word is in your hand today and right next to you. You don't PHYSICALLY have to leave much of anything except the TV, and you can go and be with Jesus Christ and follow him around just like they did, to hear his every word.

The biggest thing Satan is trying to talk you out of is that WRITTEN WORD. What is it that causes the contention in your home? It is your speaking the truth of what you know the written word teaches.

What was the LIVING WORD? It was Jesus Christ in the flesh walking around TALKING and teaching what the spirit of God told him.

What is the written Word? It is that same Jesus talking, you reading, putting in your mind repeating, and bringing to life his SPIRIT once again.

It is not persay, your mother that is the problem, but the "spirit" in your mother. Because your mother literally has the same spirit that was in the mother of Jesus, his family and his friends. This is not the spirit of Jesus, but the spirit of the world the spirit that took over the Church many many hundreds of years ago. That spirit that loves Mary the mother of Jesus, more than Jesus.

NOT that it's literally the spirit of Mary the mother of Jesus, but the spirit that was working in her, her other children and the friends of the family, who were all in the SAME RELIGION. It's a religious spirit.

Here is your most basic mission from the Lord Jesus Christ, now that you have believed in him.

John 8:30 30 As he spake these words, many believed on him.

John 8:31 [b]Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; and you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free.[/b]

This would be a good record for you to become familiar with. Because right after he tells them this, they start to ARGUE WITH HIM!

You see, they finally just believed on him, realized he was the SON OF GOD. So he tells them to now continue in his word, which means to live and abide in HIS WORD. That is to learn and understand his teachings and do them.

But then they start to ARGUE. They believed in who he was, but did not want to believe what he SAID! This is that religious spirit that you are dealing with, that wanted to KILL Jesus.

As you read the record of his discussion of with THOSE WHO BELIEVED ON HIM, you will see that they finally got so mad they went after him.

It is the same, in that this religious spirit, would like to kill off the Christ in you. I can see it in what you have related in what your mother says to you. Father forgive her for she truly knows not what she is doing, in what she is saying to her son.

You are basically a new babe in Christ, simply meaning that you are just now really starting to learn the words of Christ. [b]Christ is formed in you, as you learn and grow in his teachings.[/b]

[b]Just as the devil endeavored to kill Jesus as a babe, so will he do to the Christ that is forming in you.[/b]

Brother please take my suggestiong to heart, when I saw that you need to leave all, by way of what is the [b]priorities[/b] in your life, and get your head in the gospels, and put yourself with Jesus.

I do not mean quit school, sell all you have, leave home [b](though you may get kicked out)[/b], I mean that you need to prioritize you TIME, in being with the Lord in his WORD.

Not in the words of men, the traditions of men, the books of men and their opinions, but literally in the Bible, in the gospels, with Jesus following him around every day in his word.

LEARN FROM HIM!

If the devil cannot get you through friends and family, then next place he will try and get you is through the RELIGIOUS LEADERS.

By that I mean he will distract you, into thinking you have to read all these books by all these men, telling you what the word says, rather than just going with the Word itself, and letting the spirit of God teach and guide you as you read.

Please! Be careful of reading other mens books more than you ever wind up reading the gospels.

Even Paul's letters cannnot be truly understood until you have the foundation laid of what jesus taught in the goseels.

Brother I feel great ugency to warn you of all these things, for as I said, I sense a calling on you.

Brother, I realize this is a long response, but in ending, please it is most urgent that you become very familiar with the parable of the sower and the seed.

Jesus went though all the temptations that he mentions in this parable. [b]He teaches it so that as a young disciple, you can CHOOSE which kind of believer you will be.[/b] It is in fact a warning to you and every other believer. We are warned, so that in being warned we can be on the alert and make wise choices, when these things hit us.

Matt 13:18 Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.

19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;

21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

We must choose to have "root in ourselves" duing those times. And this is also what you are enduring in your situation now.

22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

This will come at you too brother. Be warned, be alert, to recognize it, and make a wise decision, not and EASY decision, but a wise decision.

23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

Brother before you can get the mote out of others eyes, you have to get the beam out of your own eye so that you can see clearly. Prioritize your time with the Lord, and he will make you see clearly, as to what and how you are to wittness. For the wittness is the testamoney of Jesus and the testamony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy, and the spirit of prophecy is in his word, for he has said "THE WORDS that I speak unto you they are spirit and they are life". Those words are at your finger tips.

Brother the big problem the Catholic Church has always had with the protestants, is that they put the written word before the Church and the Pope. Jesus also did the same with the Religious leaders of his time. He knew the truth of the scripture when they did not.

I am praying for you, that when you are tested, when you are tempted, you will STAND on his Word.
This and only this is the true salvation for your mother, just as it was for the Lords.

Please look here at some more facts about Jesus family.

Luke 2:33 And Joseph and his mother marvelled at those things which were spoken of him.

34 And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against;

Luke 2:35 (Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also,) that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.

Considdering that Mary also did not believe in his ministry, and how she is lauded above him today, this is quite a prophecy. But as you know, at the crucifixion, his mother was by that time a believer.

Luke 2:16 And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.

17 And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child.

18 And all they that heard it wondered at those things which were told them by the shepherds.

19 [b]But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart.[/b]

Pondered here, means she debated with herself over what she heard. Everyone else who heard was leaping and prasiing God, Satan was already at work on Mary getting her to doubt what all these things meant.

Jesus HAD to be tempted in every thing we are tempted with. This would include the unbelief of his own mother and father.

Were Jesus to grow up to be a mighty warrior that would rule Isreal, usher in the Kingdom of God and restore it to Israel, by kicking the Romans out, they all would have been for him. They were all looking for a great politcal leader and king, not a physician and savior of the soul. They wanted someone who would make them look good, not someone who would confront the whole comminity on their sin.

Jesus was subject to his mother and father until he was 30 years old. Tradition had it that you were not your own man until you were 30

Luke 3:48 And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing.

49 [b]And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?

AND THEY UNDERSTOOD NOT THE SAYING WHICH HE SPAKE UNTO THEM.[/b]

51 And he went down with them, and came to Nazareth, and was subject unto them: BUT HIS MOTHER KEPT ALL THESE SAYINGS IN HER HEART. (AND AS WAS SAID, DID NOT UNDERSTAND THEM.)

52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.

So you see what you are up against here. The very person revered the most in the RCC, did not understand HER OWN SON.

You don't think that's the only saying he ever said, even after that, that she probably didn't give him a look or two for, or even argue with him, do you? I wonder as he learned the scriptures, how many times he said things that reproved her own attitudes of heart.

So that by the time he actually starts his ministry you have this going on between them.

John 2:2 And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage.

3 And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine.

[b]Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.[/b]

5 His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.

Believe me or not, but Jesus's mom may not have been that nice of a person. Not to have wine at a wedding supper was a social and cultural fopah. I persoanlly think she was looking down on the people, as in Humph. they have no wine, what kind of wedding is this.

Jesus was probably use to her social climbing got to look respectable,ways. And once you realize how they tried to stop him in his ministry, because it would make them all look bad. You can then look back and see why he then said what he did and why she said what she did.

Mom, saying "FINE, whatever JESUS wants to do, he knows so much, just do it.

He was tired of having her contradict the truth, and she was tired of him contradicting tradition. The fact is when the truth is in your heart, you cannot help but speak it.

Pardon my heretic beliefs on the precious virgin here. And obviously she never stayed a virgin, since she had at least 5 other kids. I don't think that's something you might bring up with your mom though, at least not right away.

But again we do know, that she was there at the cross, and they Jesus hour had come, and that as a good son, he commited the keeping of his mother to antoher disciple. For it was the eldest sons responcibility to take care of the parents when they got older. I think that was very wonderful of Jesus to think of that while he was laying there in agony dieing.

Regards,
El Harris

The Bible and it's people. It's REAL LIFE, just like your's and mine.

2009/9/11 9:40Profile
jmooney6

Re:

BLESSED BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN CHRIST,

Before I continue, I want to apologize if I misled any of you. My mother hasn't gone to church for 8 years now, though she identified herself with the Catholic faith (and maybe still does, who knows?)

Below is a testamony to Jesus' Perfect Will and Timing.

Yesterday, I was urged to try and witness to Mom, and it appeared to be to no avail. It started with an argument about [url=http://www.youthblog.org/archives/witness%20car2.jpg]our own Witness on Wheels[/url] (a car similar to that, a fellow Brother spreading the Good News the way I believe he was led). Mom said he's nuts, I said I respected him. Anyways, one thing led to another, and by the end of it, Mom said, "I don't want to talk anymore to you about it." I didn't lose my temper this time, so is that a sign I'm maturing in the Faith? She's afraid that I'd appear nuts as well but doesn't believe I am nuts.

I also found out yesterday during the heated witnessing that Mom doesn't believe Mary to be number one, rather Jesus. She doesn't believe the need to confess sins to a priest, that confession is for God only. She doesn't believe in the "Holiness of the Pope", rather that he's simply God's representative. She was raised in a different kind of Catholic church it seems.

What seemed like a failure of witnessing actually turned into an inkling, perhaps like a seed, something irking Mom. But I wouldn't have believed it yesterday, as I believed I had failed. I just prayed that Jesus take over for me, that if she'll hear no further from me, a simple man, that I'll step aside and let Him further His work. I longed for Jesus a lot, and I wept.

So what happened exactly today? Mom has been reading King Henry the VIII's autobiography, a man's book no doubt. But who would believe that Jesus could use that as a witnessing tool to open her eyes to some things I've been trying to tell her about?

She still acknowledges Catholicism as the faith that got her through some tough times, but she realizes it was the people within her church AND JESUS CHRIST who pulled her through those times, and not church doctrines and traditions! She read up about King Henry the VIII's first wife, a devout and strict Catholic, who flogged herself ritually, who worshiped Mary as Queen of Heaven, who performed animal sacrifices (which are no longer required as Jesus became that once-and-for-all sacrifice), and a few other things that shocked Mom.

Through me, Jesus made me witness yesterday for some reason, and this was to bring forth things I've been trying to tell Mom. And today, she read something with yesterday in mind that opened her eyes to the faith she identified with! Who knows if she'll profess it once more or not, but we'll see. This is a testamony, dear Brothers and Sisters, to Jesus' amazing Will and Timing, that he'd make me a witness to someone who seemed unwitnessable and then open her eyes in an unorthodox manner (literally!)

I also forgot to mention that Mom sometimes sees things before they happen. Now Mom asked me today where she gets that from, and I told her that if it isn't from God, it's from somewhere else. She said she has a hard time believing that, but she didn't scream or fuss! I said that the way it works is two possibilities...

A. The demons know ahead of time what's going to happen and tells people.

B. The demons tell people the "future" and then work to create what was predicted.

No screaming or fussing, just an, "Well, I have a hard time believing that."

One hang up that Mom has though is that good people can go to Hell if they die without Christ. I truly believe she is coming around though, so if she becomes a united front with me for Christ, just imagine what could happen next!

Another miracle Jesus did for us. Another testamony to His Will and Timing and why we should trust Him in seemingly impossible times of need.

You see, since I go to college, I'm usually lent money. This is my first semester back since a year and a half, and I was offered a grant this time, not just some loan.

Be that as it may, I had to drop a class, because the workload was too much, and it required having knowledge from a previous class, a class I took five years ago and didn't remember much of at all. I didn't want to drop it, but had no other choice. I felt that this overburden may have come from God's Will, but why? What was He up to?

So, a couple days later, my Dad found out he has to go in and get an operation, and this will lay him up 3-6 weeks without pay. Mom and Dad despaired, not knowing where to get money from. The retirement funds are depleted since Dad was bouncing from job to job a couple years ago, and there was no extra cash on hand. I said to my parents, "Don't worry, because Jesus will provide for us! That doesn't mean 'be lazy and be waited on hand and foot', nor am I speaking the false prosperity gospel of Joel Osteen, but trust in Jesus, and He will provide what is needed until we get on our feet again. Since He loves us, He won't let us down."

Well, since dropping the class, my grant money dropped a little bit and I owed a little bit, but then I got money back from the school that was owed me (since you don't pay for what you don't take), and the amount I got back, let's just say is possibly enough to pay the amount I owe AND sustain us for 3-6 weeks! :-? What a perfect opportunity to further witness on Jesus' behalf to Mom today, to let her know Who worked everything out in His Will and Timing and Love.

So I have to assume there was a reason I choked when I wanted to witness to those two scoffers. A, I wasn't as spiritually mature (and still aren't, but getting there). B, temper temper. C, didn't know as much from the Gospels as I do now, yet still have further to go. HIS timing, HIS will, NOT mine.

Sister El, you have helped me immensely, and your words of encouragement only help build me up, edify me, and make me realize things that I didn't realize. I mean, I knew that Mary wasn't the Queen of Heaven, was simply Jesus' mother, but the things she did against Jesus amazes me. As it was said, "A student is not above his teacher," how true it is!

I'm shocked that in the 1980s, people would have their own children kidnapped that they may be "reprogrammed". You hear about honor killings within the Muslim communities, but nothing like that within the Catholic communities. Oh I believe it though, it's just that people aren't so ready to expose Catholicism like they are with other religions.

You said I had a calling, and that frightens me. What calling that may be, I'm not so sure, but I know it involves witnessing, because I love Jesus and want to promote Him using not only what He gives me when talking to Mom, but also the musical abilities He gave me. God bless you for helping me out and edifying me! Thank you.

And thank you for showing me Milton Green. What a powerful, fantastic, kind preacher. I've no doubt with Whom his eternity is.

Brother/Sister Jimp (sorry), that's some good advice! I do have a Catholic Bible here at home, as it was one of my first Bibles. I actually have five Bibles, each a different translation, my main one being an NIV translation (one that doesn't mistranslate John 7:8 into making Jesus look like a liar by omitting 'yet'), and a pocket carry-along KJV (though KJV can be difficult at times to understand).

That being said, I don't believe the apostle's creed agrees with Romans 10:9-10 at all. The apostle's creed is a recitation, a motion as it were, and it doesn't necessarily reflect what's truly going on in the heart of an individual. Second, there are some things in the apostle's creed that I don't believe in - belief in the communion of saints, belief in the church itself, and some versions making claim that Jesus literally descended into Hell for three days instead of suffering spiritual Hell on the Cross when God forsook Him.

It's still a nice suggestion, so perhaps instead of saying "The Apostle's Creed agrees with Romans 10:9-10", I can say, "See how it differs from what Paul actually said in his epistle to the Romans?" ;-)

God bless you, and thank you for your help!

Brother Colin, your testamony to why anger never solves anything is a great one, because it's true! Anger only causes a person to move further from God. The broken door could be symbolic to a person's broken trust in Him when witnessing goes awry.

So, you probably knew I was going to ask this, but what was it like when God came into the room? :-D Was it just His felt presence, or did He appear to you as something, or His voice? :-) Or is it something personal, that God said to not describe what you saw or heard?

Anyway, thank you for your words of hope, that one day I will grow to and look back at my mistakes and laugh, knowing much more than I know now! God bless you and thank you again!

Sister Ginny, I didn't stop to realize what you had pointed out until yesterday, that indeed practicing on my parents can help fortify me and make me spiritually stronger. God bless you and thank you!

Brother Leo, I took your advice to heart, and did a couple of things after the witness attempt, like making supper for Mom and helping to pay the restaurant bill for lunch. I'm going to continue that way, since Jesus did tell us to serve others first. I never thought about setting an example, so this too is an excellent suggestion. God bless you and thank you!

Thank you all once more! Now I'm off to pray that Jesus thwarts Mom's plan to take me and Dad to see Harry Potter 6 tomorrow. Well, Jesus did it twice already, where other events overtook the place of a planned time to see it. ;-)

2009/9/12 17:44Profile
elharris

Re:

Dear Brother Jim,

What a wonderful story and testamony!

I tell you, you just have such a great heart for the Lord, and for his word. And I can tell for people too.

And you are so very good at telling a story. You use simple, yet elegant and yet honest words, you cut to the chase and don't mince words and have a real ability to comminicate.

In truth I see also a pastors heart in you. In the way you adressed each one of us that wrote to you. Seeing each person as a real human being behind the words on the page, and just blessing each one.

You know, we all need to be needed, you made me feel that way, and from reading what you wrote to others, I saw the same, and a real tenderness in you.

Oh praise the Lord for his goodness, in letting me see young men like you.

That is a wonderful thing that you have discovered about "temper". Anger is the downfall of many Christian men. You saw this truth, in how the wrath of man works not the righteousness of God. You saw it when you controled your temper and then saw Jesus do some work too.

The Word says we are fellow laborers WITH God, we plant and or water and God gives the increase.

Your story was a great witness to me, for I need to be reminded of this every day, since I am prone to a temper myself. You see brother you shareing your life with us, is a wittness to us. For we need the wittness as much as those who have never heard.

I have picked a theme song for you. Hope you enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXD4rKExqLo&feature=PlayList&p=6F1E5D7D5E793984&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=15

Regards,
El Harris
PS Also if you are not familiar with this artist you might want to check out some more of his songs http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=steve+camp+&search_type=&aq=f

2009/9/12 22:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy