SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Satanic Quotes by Musicians

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
MaryJane

Re:

greeting ginnyrose

I to did some searching and what I found just makes me feel so sad. As you mentioned the accepting of wickedness by those who profess to be Christians must grieve the heart of our Lord. We must be on guard for the enemy prowls back and forth all day waiting to pounce like a lion.

God Bless
mj

2009/9/7 16:29Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Satanic Quotes by Musicians

I just cannot get this post out of my mind...

I did a brief search on the web for stats on the life expectancy of a rock musician. My interest in this aspect of a rock musician was awakened when I read a comment on an online article.

This is what I found on http://www.smh.com.au/news/music/rock-stars-more-likely-to-die-before-they-get-old/2007/09/04/1188783205378.html

"Rock and pop stars are more than twice as likely than the general population to die an early death, research shows.

Overall, 100 stars died between 1956 and 2005 and long-term drug or alcohol problems accounted for more than one-quarter of the deaths.

It found music stars were more than twice as likely to die early and even more likely to die within five years of becoming famous.

The average age of death was 42 for North American stars and 35 for European stars.

The wild lifestyles of famous musicians, including drug taking and alcohol abuse, were the main reason for their early demise, said the study's author Mark Bellis of Liverpool John Moores University. Stars were also under tremendous stress and many suffered from depression, Professor Bellis said.

The average age of death was 42 for North American stars and 35 for European stars."

Another site
http://www.av1611.org/rockdead.html gives the average life of an rock musician at 36.6 years.

This concept is nothing new. During the 1960s Baptist Evangelist Bob Harrington warned people about the danger of backsliding by citing the premature deaths of Christian musicians who abandoned the faith for worldly music. (I may not have used proper Calvinistic terms....this was a long time ago...)

These stats should serve as a wake - up call to those who dabble in Satan's music. But it likely won't: They will attack you rather then look at the facts. And in the process will confirm the validity of Proverbs 8:36, 11:19 which warn of death to those who ignore wisdom.

ginnyrose

2009/9/9 18:31Profile

Re:

I was raised on country music (which can be just as vile), southern rock, and metal. I probably could recite more lyrics than any one here at one point.

Someone called it "drivel", and thats what 98% of it is.

As for Christian music today... I would say 80% of it is drivel too. The exceptions would be bands like Casting Crowns, Glenn Kaiser, Third Day, Steve Camp and... of course... Keith Green (tho he's been dead for over two decades.)

But most Christian music you hear on radio isnt worth your time.

We live in a dumbed down society... and "church".

Krispy

2009/9/10 11:23
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
But most Christian music you hear on radio isnt worth your time.

AMEN! And because of it, I rarely listen to radio any more. It only contributes to air pollution. Ditto with stores: some of the racket they play has me getting out of there ASAP. Some I will refuse to go into to shop because of noise pollution.

ginnyrose

2009/9/10 15:02Profile
jlosinski

North Pole, Alaska

Re:

Krispy-
How did the search for God glorifying christian hip hop go? Did you check out Flame's album "Our World Redeemed?" If your kids are still into that, you can't go wrong with Shai Linne. I'd call him an exegetical rapper 8-)
Joe

2009/9/10 18:18Profile
Cambridge

Re:

Concerning the references to Amy Grant;

Just a thought to consider, the six sided star is also representative of what is known as the Star of David.
Which sin would separate us farther from the Lord, to lie or to commit adultery? Get divorced and remarry or commit murder? The smallest of sin and the "largest" of sin will effectively separate us just as far from God.
I know that the story of the woman caught in adultery is not found in all manuscripts but I certainly have no qualms about accepting it as real. I see Jesus suggesting the same thought that all sin is equal (let him who is without sin cast the first stone) and yes that we should go and sin no more.
We can't determine what prompted Amy to become divorced, whether she was instrumental or passive in the process might be considered but would it be any more relevant? Lets call divorce what it is - sin. My sin may be different than hers or it might be the same but all I know is that I too struggle with sin and sometimes I fall and fall hard. But it helps me to appreciate that others may fall too and rather than judge them I can be there for them or at least identify with them because I too know sin. I thank God that He picks me up, dusts me off and tells me that He loves me even so. Then He chooses to forget my sin. How then can I remember the sins of others?

2009/9/10 23:33Profile
davym

Re:

I was at a youth service on Saturday evening past at my church and the praise/worship band were singing the song below. It's a nice song and the tune is pleasant and uplifting. I was standing and everybody round me was worshipping with hands raised and emotion in their faces.

During the umpteenth rendition of the chorus (our band tends to sing the verses and chorus over and over again for what seems like ages) I started to become convicted about what I was singing about. (see chorus below)

[i]True Intimacy
Eoghan Heaslip

With all of my heart I hunger for You
All I want and all I seek is true intimacy
With all of my heart I hunger for You
All I want and all I seek is true intimacy with You

Chorus:

Here I stand waiting Lord
Touch me now like never before
Let me change and be transformed
True intimacy is what I'm longing for (repeat)

Coda:

Intimacy is the longing
Of my heart Lord, of this heart (repeat)

[/i]

I was saying to Almighty God that here I am waiting to be transformed. It was as if I was saying 'Well God, the ball's in your court, I've done my part'. This however is not my experience in my Christian walk. My experience is that God is [b]waiting for me![/b] My sin holds me back from true intimacy with God, not God's lack of reciprocation. The whole thing was the wrong way round and note that this is the enemy's subtle desire.

Anyway, you may or may not agree with me. I decided however to raise the issue after the service with a few friends. I was startled at some of the responses. One person said to me 'I don't really think about the words when I'm worshipping' which begs the question - what [i][b]are[/b][/i] you thinking about? but I just left it.

However, for me, it says a lot about the modern contemporary worship scene. It's mainly show and not a lot of substance. People want to be on platforms twanging guitars as if to say 'look at me' and it's all done under a false sense of humility. Nothing more than indulging the flesh and it's time we woke up. Revival will not break out under these conditions.

2009/9/14 11:08Profile
Leo_Grace

Re:

Dear davym,

Quote:
However, for me, it says a lot about the modern contemporary worship scene. It's mainly show and not a lot of substance. People want to be on platforms twanging guitars as if to say 'look at me' and it's all done under a false sense of humility. Nothing more than indulging the flesh and it's time we woke up. Revival will not break out under these conditions.

You are so right.

2009/9/14 11:17Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
I was standing and everybody round me was worshipping with hands raised and emotion in their faces. During the umpteenth rendition of the chorus (our band tends to sing the verses and chorus over and over again for what seems like ages) I started to become convicted about what I was singing about.

Good post. Have you ever read Nee's "The Latent Power of Soul"?

2009/9/14 11:40Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Satanic Quotes by Musicians

I was looking in my documents folder on my computer and found this OP I had copied there. After reading through it and checking it out here, I fell compelled to bring this thread up to the front again for others to read - readers who may be unaware of it.

As I read this article and pondered the depth of apostasy that has swept the 'church' in recent years I sense the devil got a strong hold in churches via their music, their worship teams. It is like a quote I read somewhere that went something like this: "when the devil was kicked out of heaven, he fell into the church choir loft."

My opinion but do believe life has proven it to be such.

God bless.

Sandra

2015/5/7 10:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy