SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Forgiven Past, Present, Future Leonard Ravenhill

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
PulpitFict

Re:

God is able to forgive the sins of those that are faithful, but God also knows if we harden our hearts and refuse to repent of our sins. The heart makes all the difference.

2020/9/12 19:12Profile
PulpitFict

Re:

We can lose our salvation but again it is not one sin. it is a general hardening of heart that turns away from the living God. This hardening results in a callousness to sin, refusal to repent, loss of love, etc. It is a pattern of behavior. Even David, with the seriousness of some of his sins, repented and did not let his heart remain hard. Even Calvin (whose theology i generally disagree with) did not believe future sins were forgiven. Future sins were not forgiven in advance or necessarily automatically forgiven when they occur. The difference is in paid for and forgiven.

2020/9/12 19:15Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

A saved person’s future sins are forgiven. An unsaved person’s are not.

A person who does not care if they are sinning is not is not saved.

2020/9/12 20:11Profile
BeYeHoly1611

Re: they never actually did or taught the righteous requirements of the Law,

What you said here is not true, and only half true. You really need to research what the Pharisees actually believed. Read Michael Hoffmann's Judaism Discovered. Actually they did not turn the Law into a "license to sin" they did preach its righteous requirements but missed the heart of the Law. Because no human on this earth can keep the law perfectly.

Luke Chapter 18
9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

2021/9/6 11:58Profile
James777

I'm right here!

Re:

The better way of looking at this is the Lord has made provision for your future sin to be washed away, but that provision is not automatically applied to you...

Proverbs 28:13
He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy

James 4:6
But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble

Ezekiel 18:20
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him

2021/10/7 13:15Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: Sin and power.

"Because no human on this earth can keep the law perfectly."

This is not how Scripture presents the reality of our common sin, including the sins that can easily beset us, and the sins that fall into that category of inadvertence. Actually, there is no law of God that we are not equipped to obey. Deuteronomy 30:11 says, "This law that I command you this day is not too hard for you, you can do it."

Paul references this verse in Romans 10, so he knew it well. We don't sin because we can't help it, we sin because we want things forbidden to us. We sin with both moral light shining against us, and the power at hand to choose righteousness. That is what makes it sin, and removes any excuse we might throw at the Righteous Judge!

But here is the big sin problem- one sin can crush a tall tower of righteousness! God does not work with Karma or some moral balance scale- as the world seems to think fits our God. No, righteousness cannot abide any single sin- the sin is the justification for death. God never says, "Well you are doing pretty good, I will just overlook those two sins you committed last week." That is not how He works- indeed He cannot operate like that or His whole moral governance of the universe would implode! No sin- of any man- can ever be overlooked, or forgiven without repentance!

Our sin must be submitted to the atoning work of Jesus on the cross, all of it, there is no other solution to the sin problem of man. That is why Jesus calls us to repentance, to confess and turn from our wicked ways, believing in Him for salvation. And this repentance? It must become a fixture in your character, as the likelihood of further rebellion is within you!

Alas, too many Christians take the sin in their lives to be of little account, and they actually believe they can sin because they have a sinful nature inherited genetically. Ezekiel 18 is the most complete exposition of this lie, and a wise man of God will meditate fully on that chapter. There are no excuses for sin before God, there is only His Son's blood- covering you that you receive with full and genuine repentance joined to your faith.

As in James, "The effectual and fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much" If you would be that man- and God would have you be that man- you will be in a place where God can safely use you to wield great and supernatural power!

Is it any surprise that Satan would wish to keep you deceived in sin and away from that power? I should think not!

2021/11/5 22:57Profile
beloved-vern

Re: The real core issue

True salvation is NOT a result of practicing prescribed principles and laws or doctrine. Christianity is the living Person and activity of Christ indwells the spirit of the Christian. This fundamental reality of Christ's actual and spiritual presence within the Christian individual is so well-attested by direct New Testament references that those who "search the Scriptures" and are receptive to spiritual reality invariably recognize the indwelling presence of the living Christ.

"That which is born of the Spirit is spirit" (John 3:6). Being "born again" or "born from above", in "new birth" necessarily implies that the personified life of the Spirit of Christ comes to dwell in the spirit of an 0individual who is thus constituted as a Christian.

When a person is regenerated a spiritual exchange takes place. The "spirit that works in the sons of disobedience", "the spirit of error", "the spirit of this world", is exchanged for the "Spirit of truth", the "Spirit of God", the personified presence of the Spirit of Christ who works in the Christian.

No law, principle, doctrine can give LIFE. Jesus Christ is the PERSON who is the life giving Spirit. Even the scriptures can not give life.

It is simple "He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life." 1 John 5:12

Lets not forget that just being forgiven is totally insufficient in overcoming sin.

Read this post
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=64121&forum=36&start=0&viewmode=flat&order=0

2021/11/7 6:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy