Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Cup Jesus Drank

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Leo_Grace

Re:

Quote:

dab wrote:
Thanks,JEdwardOwens for graceful words so clearly expressed. My heart rejoiced to be reminded that God's wrath towards us was satisfied at the cross! [i]We can be so arrogant to ever think we can measure anything about God, whether we are talking about His love, or His wrath. Hopefully, we are ever learning that He will never fit into our 'logic.'[/i] I suspect that there are 'cups' we do not have a clue about. Does not the prospect of coming to know these things make the life more and more exciting?

Respectfully
David

Well said, David. We should all be reminded of these passages from scripture:

Mt 18:2-4 He called a little child and had him stand among them. And he said: [color=CC3300]“I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."[/color]

Lk 18:17 [color=CC3300]I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.”[/color]

In Christ's Love,
Leo

2009/9/10 11:53Profile
Logic

Re:

oops, already answered.

2009/9/10 12:17Profile
clintstone

tulsa,ok.

Re:

Jesus became a sin offering , not sin itself , but a n offering for sin . 1 cor 5:21 needs to be read and translated as " He, who knew no sin , became a sin offering " not He who knew no sin , became sin , .. Jesus never became sinful , Jesus NEVER saw corruption . He did satisfy God and His justice , by becoming an OFFERING FOR SIN . and A PERFECT OFFERING WITHOUT SIN HE WAS on the cross

2009/9/10 20:57Profile
JEdwardOwens

Louisville, KY

Re:

David,
Thanks for you encouragement and your grace filled comments. It is refreshing to be able to dialogue with brothers in Christ, offer suggestions, and avoid the strife that results when a man tries to bludgeon others with theological views, especially those which are not as black and white. Keep fightin' the good fight.

Press on in Christ,
James

2009/9/10 22:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy