Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : The REAL Jesus

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
tedlock

Michigan

The REAL Jesus

Followers of the "Mainstream Christianity" or "Easybelievism" who have swallowed the "Just ask Jesus into your heart" or "say this Sinners Prayer" false gospel when they see a Kingdom Christian walking in obediance to a biblical command that is contrary to the world's values they call them legalistic. They believe that they can add Jesus to their life and continue pursuing their ambitions, hopes and dreams. Jesus however said that we must forsake everything/lose our lives if we want to follow him. “25 And there went great multitudes with him: and he turned, and said unto them, 26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. 27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple...So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.” (Lu 14:25-27,33 AV) If we love anyone or anything more that him we cannot follow him. That is if we care more about what our parents, spouse, children and the world think more than obeying all His commands we cannot follow Him. If my ambitions, hopes and plans conflict with His commands I need to change them as He gives me light.

“21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. 24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: 25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. 26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: 27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.” (Mt 7:21-27 AV)

Don't be that foolish man...

The bible tells us that there is another Jesus...“

For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.” (2Co 11:4 AV)

There are 20,000 denominations that all claim to have the Real Jesus. You need the Jesus of the bible...read the whole New Testament and see for yourselves what Jesus REQUIRES of us.

Obey THE REAL Jesus

Listen to The Real Jesus series by Brother Zac Poonen here on Sermon Index http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=157

2004/9/13 16:36Profile
Rafiki

His Hands

Re: The REAL Jesus

Brother Jim; (Amen)

Quote:
If my ambitions, hopes and plans conflict with His commands I need to change them as He gives me light.

Quote:
24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock.

This reminds me of a word spoken over my life,
Yes, and your foundations shall be shaken but you shall not be shaken -- because you are standing on the Rock.

Amen

:-)

2004/9/13 16:57Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Listen to The Real Jesus series by Brother Zac Poonen here on Sermon Index http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=157

I really encourage everyone to hear these messages by Zac Poonen on "The Real Jesus" delivered this year at the Sialkot Convention in Michigan, USA. I have heard the first message and already have been ministered to in a wonderful way! I am looking forward to going through the rest.

2004/9/13 17:08Profile
Rafiki

His Hands

Re:

I will, I will, I will. Thank You so much. I have been so blessed with this website and the information that has been made available to us.
God Bless You.

2004/9/13 17:33Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

I thought this was an good quote that fits in with the concept of a 'true gospel' contray to an easy-believism counterpart:

"It costs Christ and all His followers sharp showers and hot sweats ere they win to the top of the mountain. But still our soft nature would have heaven coming to our bedside when we are sleeping, and lying down with us, that we might go to heaven in warm clothes; but all that came there found wet feet by the way, and sharp storms that did take the hide off their face, and found to's and fro's and up's and down's, and many enemies by the way."
-Samuel Rutherford

2004/9/13 20:30Profile
tedlock

Michigan

What Is A Christian?

There are many thousands of religious people and church members who are not real Christians. The Bible describes them as "having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof" (II Tim.3:5). They regard themselves as Christians, and have the outward form of Christianity, but it is only an empty shell, with no power to keep them from sin, no power to cancel their guilt, no power to give them peace of mind or joy of heart, and no power to give them eternal life. "They profess that they know God, but in works they deny Him" (Titus 1:16). They have just enough of the form of Christianity to deceive them, just enough to make them think that all is well between their souls and God, when in fact nothing is well.

What then is a real Christian? The Bible says, "If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ" (II Cor.5:17-18).

First, he is "in Christ." Christ is not merely a historical figure to him, but the very sphere of his life and existence, and the center of his plans and thoughts and activities. "For to me to live is Christ", said the Apostle Paul (Phil.1:21). And by Jesus Christ he is "reconciled" to God. He does not live at a distance from God, like the prodigal son in the far country. He has come home to the Father, and gladly serves Him, and lives in fellowship with Him.

Next, "he is a new creature." He has not merely joined a church, or gotten religious, or been baptized, or gone forward in a revival meeting, or prayed for salvation. All this may be only an empty shell, a form without power. He has something deeper than this. "He is a new creature"--a new creation, "created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them" (Eph.2:10). He has not merely changed a few outward things. His nature is changed, from the inside out. He is converted, from an enemy of God to a child of God, and the Bible says, "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out" (Acts 3:19). He is born again with a new life from God, and the Bible says, "Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God" (John 3:3). His whole being is renewed, made over, created anew, so that he is no longer the same man he was before. He is a new creature.

Further, "old things are passed away." He has not merely put away a few of the grosser forms of sin, but has renounced all of his old life of sin and self. His old ambitions and plans, his old activities and pastimes, are all passed away. The sins and follies which he once loved and pursued, he now renounces and forsakes. His old pleasures now appear empty and vain. His old views and philosophies of life, his old haunts, his old companions in sin, have all passed away from his life.

Further, "all things are become new." All things. He has new associations, new friends, new thoughts and goals, new habits and activities--in short, a new life. He has been born again. He has not merely made a few outward changes, but all things have changed--the places he goes, the way he spends his time and money, the thoughts he thinks, the songs he sings, the people he associates with, the things he reads, the things he loves or hates--all that he is and does is become new. He is a new creature.

Finally, "all things are of God." God is the source of this new life, and everything in it. He no longer gets his thoughts and ideas and aspirations from the world. He no longer follows the world's pleasures and pastimes and habits and ways. "All things" in his life "are of God."

Now consider whether you are a real Christian. Are all things in your life of God? Are the places you go, the songs you enjoy, the things you watch or read, the language you use, the thoughts you think, the friends you choose, are all these "of God"--or do they proceed from the world or self? Is the way you spend your time and money, the way your dress, the way you live in general, determined by the ways of the world, or the Word of God? Do you live to do God's will, or your own?

Are you a "new creature"? Can you look back to the time when you were converted, reconciled to God, born again? Can you point to a time before which the world was your sphere, and self your end, but after which the old life of sin and self passed away, and you were a new creature? Can you look back to a point at which you forsook the ways of the world and sin, and embraced the will of God as the rule of your life? Can you point to a time when self was dethroned, and Christ became your life?

If you can, you have been converted, and your sins are blotted out. If not, you have never been born again, and you cannot see the kingdom of God. And unless you repent and forsake your present life of self and sin, you will never be a Christian, and you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Read and study your Bible today!

2004/9/14 9:19Profile
Delboy

Worthing UK

Hi Jim,
your origional question was what is a christian?
You then have posted your thoughts!
I guess i am reminded of Kieth Green's words

"Going to church does'nt make you a christian just as going to McDonalds does'nt make you a hamburger"
Also he said "A christian is someone who's bannanas for Jesus" :-)
I heard a man recently say "I no longer teach people how to do evangelism in my church,they just get on fire and i send them out,people can't help but notice" :-) :-)

2004/9/14 10:43Profile
Rafiki

His Hands

Re:

May I be Transparent...

You have just broken the chains that have kept me in prison. There is so much I wish I could say, and that it would not get misinterpreted.

I have been really pondering on Salvation and how we must work out our own Salvation.

Salvation is a gift and one that we must treasure. I thank God that even when I was or have been in my pool of blood, he has always kept is eyes on me. I must say, that I have been more alive this past year, in my Spirit, and more aware of him, and awarae of sin then I have ever in my almost 8 years of being saved.

I knew nothing, absolutly nothing, about God, and yet I worked, and I attended and I this and that, and I knew nothing, untill NOW.

I underestimated my Lord, and his power and how he could have complete control, as I surrendered. I underestimated the power of his word,(which I love with all my heart) and how it could hammer and chisel. In his hands is where i've been and in his hands is where i will be.

2004/9/14 10:57Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re:

Dear Rafiki,

It rejoices my heart to hear you speak (well...almost speak :-)) these words.

Quote:
I underestimated my Lord, and his power and how he could have complete control, as I surrendered. I underestimated the power of his word,(which I love with all my heart) and how it could hammer and chisel

I hear your heart speaking, longing for nothing or no one but Jesus. I encourage you my dear brother, keep running this race. We're on the same track :-P!

I don't know how I should explain it, but I recognize a desire for God alone (correct me if I'm wrong :-)) and that rejoices me. I've had a bit of the same experience about 3,5 years ago. I knew God, but not personally, I knew Jesus was the Son of God, but I didn't know Him to be my Master and dear Friend. So many Christians want to live the way the world lives and enjoy the things the world has to offer, but apparently they never met God, because when someone has met God, nothing else can satisfy.

I don't know if you live in an area with lots of true Christians, I don't and maybe you don't either, but put your trust in God. He will lift you up into His presence and you'll receive fellowship with Him! What more can we desire than to be in the presence of God, to learn from Him and to trust in His word.

[i] O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you...On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night. Because you are my help, I sing in the shadows of your wings. My soul clings to you, your right hand upholds me (Psalm 63:1-8)[/i]

This is one of my favorite psalms. I hope it may be a blessing to your soul. That we may thirst for Him and know He will give us Living Water. That we may hunger after God knowing that He will feed us!

God bless you my brother, keep focused on Jesus...May across our lives be written: FINISHED WITH THE WORLD, LIVING FOR THE GLORY OF GOD!!

Paul

p.s. I don't know if you're a brother or sister, but I addressed you as a brother. If it's otherwise...please correct me 8-)

2004/9/14 13:02Profile
Linux123

Praise the Lord Rafiki

2004/9/14 18:08Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy