Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Feeling overwhelmed

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
MaryJane

Feeling overwhelmed

Brother and sisters

I am feeling very discourage at this moment. So much has been happening over the past month and I am beginning to feel very overwhelmed. I am ashamed to to say that all these things piling up are starting to really weigh on me. I know I need to repent and I know that this is such a sinful attitude on my part. "Forgive Lord... I am really struggling." I know I have asked for much prayer but I come before you again to ask you please pray for me and my husband. This morning our plumbing burst in two different spots, he is right now attempting to get it fixed but having a hard go of it. Please pray for him, his safety while under the house and that his boss will be understanding. He is missing time at work to try and get this fixed for me. I have been having troubles with my kidneys and it makes being without water really painful and difficult.
Please pray that I will not give in to the discouragement and that I will find strength in the Lord. Thank you all so much.

God bless
maryjane

2009/9/3 11:46Profile
HeartSong

Re: Feeling overwhelmed

I, too, have been going through many trials - such that my time with my Lord has been cut short and I am feeling withered and worn. The Lord sent forth some dear brothers with this word that has encouraged me greatly.

1 Peter 1:7 - That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

"Faith's way of walking is to cast all care upon the Lord, and then to anticipate good results from the worst calamities."
- C.H. Spurgeon, Morning & Evening, March 8 Evening

I will be holding you in prayer, dear sister, that you may be refined as pure gold, that you may glow brightly, and beautifully, for Him - for He loves you with an everlasting love.

2009/9/3 12:56Profile
Theophila

My dear sister,
I was @ a prayer meeting a few days ago; feeling worn and tired as well and the Lord sent someone along with this very comforting word: Ps 20: 1- 7
It was water to my dry and thirsty soul.

Dear One, please do not feel bad that you feel tired and worn. Our Father knows your frame and looks upon you with kindness and compassion as one looks upon a child in whom one delights.

Father, I thank you for your beloved, MaryJane; for thus far you've helped her. I praise your high and holy name for being her strength in days gone by, for being her strength, even now. I ask that she experiences a fresh dose of your grace to bear her up. That even as the winds and the rains are beating upon this house, that she stands firm upon the rock of ages; that she experiences your peace that passes all understanding. Thank you that you always hear us. I ask these things in the name of Jesus the Christ, Amen.

2009/9/3 14:48Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

MaryJane,

You have had a lot on your plate in recent months. Reckon you're trying to do too much in too short a period of time?

Remember what Jesus did when he got weary? He left the crowds and went away, up to the mountains to spend time with the Father. Lesson here for us, don't you think?

Have you ever read "The Tyranny of the urgent"? No? Well, you may not have to IF you consider the title: the urgent is a tyrant! "Gotta do this and that BEFORE...." The 'urgent' is a tyrant. Think about that? Are we a slave to the urgent? We run hither and yon with no let up... eventually you feel like a chicken with his head just chopped off.

Don't you wonder how I can speak so about this issue? I, too, have been a victim of this tyranny and am working to recover. Some call it burnout, but it matters little what title you hang onto this malady, it is real. For me it is work and my body is screaming at me - at nights. Folks inform me I am no longer as young as I used to be...and I thought if one stayed active you could avoid some things but it does not seem to work that way. But the benefit is that I am reevaluating my work, the things I think I need and am ever so slowly getting rid of things that clutter up my life, my house and ultimately my mind.

"Be still and know that I am God.." Know that song? or how about this song "Be Silent"? You can hear it here: http://www.hymntime.com/tch/htm/t/r/treadsof.htm
Here is another song that might edify: "Be Thou My Vision": http://www.hymntime.com/tch/htm/b/t/btmvison.htm

God bless you sister, will pray for you,

ginnyrose

2009/9/3 18:14Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings

I wanted to come and say thank you so much for your prayers and encouragement today. The hymns, scriptures, and prayers are such a comfort to me.

I am tired this evening and still hurting a bit, but things are better. Father provided away and the old pipes underneath my house were fixed this afternoon. My husband was able to go into a work for a few hours and he was able to get his presentation done(which made his boss happy).
Father is so kind and merciful even though I am so undeserving of that mercy. I did have some times of struggle today with despair, but when I was feeling very low I felt the presence of the Lord and I was able to just close my eyes and pray. I just prayed and turned everything over to Him, and one by one each thing was taken care of and resolved by Fathers loving hand. I am so thankful.
Heartsong I just wanted to encourage you to, and please know dear sister that I will be praying for you as well.
Ginnyrose: Thank you again for the wisdom you have shared in your reply. I really can relate to what you shared about having to "get things done". I think getting away and just being with the Lord is very good advice, that I have neglected recently.
Theophila: thank you for sharing with me and for your prayers.

God Bless
maryjane

2009/9/3 23:42Profile
jlosinski

North Pole, Alaska

Re:

God bless you sister, what a great website to exhibit christian unity! Then said the Jews, Behold how he loved him! John 11:36
Love in Christ,
Joe

2009/9/4 1:20Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Praying for you, sister. God sees you, knows you and cares for you and your family. Be encouraged.

Matthew 6:25-34

:-)

2009/9/4 2:38Profile
Leo_Grace

Re:

Always be encouraged.

Ro 8:28 And we know that [b]in all things God works for the good of those who love him[/b], who have been called according to his purpose.

2009/9/4 11:43Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I am feeling very discourage at this moment. So much has been happening over the past month and I am beginning to feel very overwhelmed.

I know how this can feel but do give it all to Jesus. He cares for us and knows better then we know ourselves.

2009/9/4 11:45Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings

Thanks again for the encouragement. I was spending time with the Lord last night and this morning and I came across something that was shared with me a long time ago. Its one of my favorite little notes of encouragement and I thought I would share it. I am forever grateful to have such a loving and caring Father who watches over us all daily. In all things He is faithful to care for and provide for us.

God Bless
maryjane

No regrets! No second thoughts! No Anxious thoughts. No mid-life crises. No fears of the future. No daydreams of the past. Not duped for a minute by the shifter of shadows. My anchor and Hope ARE in a world that HE CAN’T TOUCH! He can’t get to any of my stuff... It’s not HERE! God has ALL my stuff; and it’s very well protected! And He cannot keep my Dad from giving me anything He wants to give me anytime He wants to give it to me. Try to starve me and He’ll send the ravens to feed me...
And that snake CAN’T take anything from me! Because I’m not holding onto anything....My Father keeps all of my stuff. NONE of my heartstrings or hopes or emotional security lies in the SHADOWLANDS... and that’s the ONLY stuff he can touch. He can only shift the shadows... He cannot disturb anything REAL... UNLESS I let Him through UNBELIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All my hopes, all my trust, all my security, all my peace, all my expectations.... are protected by the host of Heaven and buried deep in the fortress of my Father’s loving heart...
If God is for me...Who can be against me?

2009/9/4 15:01Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy