SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : i Heard Him say, "My Final REVIVAL is Coming and it will Begin Here"!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Delboy

Worthing UK

Re: strong words

It is so hard when someone says "God has told me this and that and the other"
There is no room for council or discussion The door is closed with such strong laungauge.
Dear brother Rahman could you not have said maybe,"I believe God wants to pour out his spirit on this place" but not be so precise whith the time prediction?
I maybe wrong but has any outpouring of the spirit been predicted with such certainty? I'm not sure it has.
one thing for sure is HE Does pour out when the wind blows where it wills
:-)

2004/9/14 10:20Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
What shall we do with all the others who have heard exactly the same thing and are equally sure that they received such a promise regarding their own city or village?

Yes an immediate concern is arised in my heart as soon as I hear someone say: "Revival is coming to so and so city or church." We have heard this much and continue to hear many voices arising in the church proclaiming God's next move. One example would be Andrew Strom who truly believes God is going to send the next great revival through Kansas City and that he will arise man 'John the Baptist preachers' in that area to go across USA.

I personally believe a biblical viewpoint and historical viewpoint for revival is that it comes unexpectinly to the public at large. Its not something that is proclaimed from the roof tops for this goes contray to the way God works. Revival glorifies God and in most revivals the man is somewhat in the background, most revivals start with no-name people in a no-name place, calling on God. Of course after revival begins then its realized somewhat where it started and what is happening.

My real personal conviction on the last end time revival is that it will be a inward revival in the hearts of men. There will be no church, leader, theme.. God will simply by His spirit awaken mens hearts to Himself in a way that no-one can claim the glory except God. He is going to purify His bride while the wicked wax worse and worse.

I do hope for a world-wide revival before the end times refining of the body of Christ but I fear the hour is too late, and there is a revival of deception and falling away on the part of the body of Christ.

2004/9/14 10:25Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re:

I heartily agree with the fact that God is the one who without warning sends revival.

He also chooses and prepares instruments.

On top of that I have to state that a revival is something one earns.
Promises tend to put most members of churches in a passive mode. No travail, no hunger and thirst for righteousness.
It is only tears and hungry hearts that have capacity to “attract” and cause a revival.
Lars

2004/9/14 10:41Profile
moreofHim

Re: final revival

Quote:
Hi Chanin
I was trying to do just that. In fact, I was trying to encourage Rahman to cut Rahman some slack.

Sorry about that Ron. :) Sometimes it's hard for me to "hear" your tone or meaning because of your intellectual capability. ;-)

I really think that it is better for us to believe and give at least the benefit of the doubt to Bro. Rahman. It does not hurt or decieve anyone if we hope and pray with him that a revival might be in Philly. And we can pray that if there is not to be one that the Lord will surely show Bro. Rahman. We all know Bro. Rahman's heart here and if he is wrong, then so be it. Even he is willing ot be wrong. Do you know the guts and boldness it takes to hang on to a conviction of this sort. Look at Noah, everyone thought he was completely nuts, I am sure even he doubted himself. I, for one give Rahman credit for not compromising just because people might think he is nuts or wrong. If he is wrong, the only one who is being hurt is himself. He is not out to deceive anyone. If it doesn't happen then it doesn't happen. But he can hope and pray.

The reason I feel so strongly about this is because in future times we are all going to probably be asked to stand against the majority- if you already haven't yet. (which I have a couple of times already) it is gut wrenching to do. Put yourself in his shoes. Someday we may all be asked to stand on something that seems totally perposterous to others and the feeling of being alone is terrible.

If Bro. Rahman is wrong- does that make him less of a Godly man? no. Wilkerson has thought some things were going to happen that didn't really happen (and later admitted) and do we think of him as less of a Godly man? no. Wilkerson matured and grew, as Bro. Rahman will and I will and we all will.

This kind of thinking, this kind of unbelief "well that could never happen", is what keeps a revival from happening in the first place. Let God be God. He will do as He wants, not as we want or deserve.

If it doesn't go against scripture then leave it and see where it goes. I don't think the things Bro. Rahman has said is agaisnt any scripture. (maybe I am wrong here for I am not perfect, as we all aren't yet)

In His love, Chanin

2004/9/14 11:22Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
Sorry about that Ron. :) Sometimes it's hard for me to "hear" your tone or meaning because of your intellectual capability.

no comment ;-)

Quote:
I really think that it is better for us to believe and give at least the benefit of the doubt to Bro. Rahman. It does not hurt or decieve anyone if we hope and pray with him that a revival might be in Philly.

I have no problem about 'hoping' or 'praying'. My problem would be with 'believing'. I am a natural sceptic; I am not naturally credulous. I can be convinced in a second by a bible verse or a revelation to my own spirit, but I can't turn on 'believing'. Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. When God speaks through His word or his servant or in my spirit, I can believe. And because I can, I must. But when others speak I can't 'believe' and must not belabour myself because I can't. That is the folly (not that you are heading in this direction) with the faith preachers who are saying because you do not believe what I am saying you are in unbelief. Faith comes, only, by the word of God... not by the convictions of a man, however godly that man may be.

Quote:
The reason I feel so strongly about this is because in future times we are all going to probably be asked to stand against the majority- if you already haven't yet.

you will know from these postings how often I am in the majority. In fact, on the few occasion when I am in the majority I feel so uncomfortable I strongly reconsider my position. ;-)

Quote:
If Bro. Rahman is wrong- does that make him less of a Godly man? no. Wilkerson has thought some things were going to happen that didn't really happen (and later admitted) and do we think of him as less of a Godly man? no. Wilkerson matured and grew, as Bro. Rahman will and I will and we all will.

I don't think I have seen this implication in any of the post here. They are certainly not in mine nor in my thoughts.

Quote:
This kind of thinking, this kind of unbelief "well that could never happen", is what keeps a revival from happening in the first place. Let God be God. He will do as He wants, not as we want or deserve.

It's not unbelief unless God has said it. If you tell me the moon is made of green cheese, it is not 'unbelief' if I don't believe you.

Quote:
If it doesn't go against scripture then leave it and see where it goes. I don't think the things Bro. Rahman has said is agaisnt any scripture. (maybe I am wrong here for I am not perfect, as we all aren't yet)

'Leaving it' and 'seeing where it goes' is exactly what I am doing. What I am not doing is 'believing it'.

2004/9/14 11:43Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Quote:
Sorry about that Ron. :) Sometimes it's hard for me to "hear" your tone or meaning because of your intellectual capability.

I should have said: "or 'my lack of' intellectual capablities". :-D

In His love, Chanin

2004/9/14 11:47Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re: i heard Him say, "My Final REVIVAL is Coming and it will Begin Here"!

Quote:
“...whether a burden, or an obsession, this thing i carry is heavy, and i'd really like to lay it down as i've been carrying it for some time...” - Rahman

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." - Jesus (Matthew 11:28-30)
Quote:
“I maybe wrong but has any outpouring of the Spirit been predicted with such certainty? I'm not sure it has. One thing for sure is HE does pour out when the wind blows where it wills.” - Delboy

"The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit." - John (John 3:8)
Quote:
“I personally believe a biblical viewpoint and historical viewpoint for revival is that it comes unexpectinly to the public at large. Its not something that is proclaimed from the roof tops for this goes contray to the way God works. Revival glorifies God and in most revivals the man is somewhat in the background, most revivals start with no-name people in a no-name place, calling on God. Of course after revival begins then its realized somewhat where it started and what is happening.” - sermonindex

"Whatever you eat or drink or whatever you do, you must do all for the glory of God." - Paul (1 Corinthians 10:31)

"Do not stifle the Holy Spirit. Do not scoff at prophecies, but test everything that is said. Hold on to what is good. Keep away from every kind of evil." - Paul (1 Thessalonians 5:19-22)

"All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It straightens us out and teaches us to do what is right. It is God's way of preparing us in every way, fully equipped for every good thing God wants us to do." - Paul (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
Quote:
"So far some have given me the fruit, flake and nut look, but i'm so used to that it doesn't bother me anymore ... But others have expressed their belief saying that they can feel 'something' attempting to break out in Mt. Airy..." - Rahman

"Don't give offense to Jews or Gentiles or the church of God. That is the plan I follow, too. I try to please everyone in everything I do. I don't just do what I like or what is best for me, but what is best for them so they may be saved." - Paul (1 Corinthians 10:31-33)
Quote:
“If he is wrong, the only one who is being hurt is himself. He is not out to deceive anyone. If it doesn't happen then it doesn't happen. But he can hope and pray.” - Chanin

"You say, 'I am allowed to do anything' - but not everything is helpful. You say, 'I am allowed to do anything' - but not everything is beneficial. Don't think only of your own good. Think of other Christians and what is best for them." - Paul (1 Corinthians 10:23-24)

"If one part suffers, all the parts suffer with it, and if one is honored, all the parts are glad." - Paul (1 Corinthians 12:26)

Stick to the Word of God. Test EVERYTHING to it. No need to be going back and forth on this. We've read the revival proclamation - we're not blind. God's Word never dies. No need to defend and repeat. God bless Philadelphia! God bless anyone who seeks Him.

2004/9/14 16:27Profile
sdb

tucson

Re: revival in your heart

For whatever its worth I'm going to add my two cents.... From what Rahman has said it appears to me God was talking about starting revival in your heart...not in the physical church building. Revival will always start in the heart of an individual. If you want to be bold about this, take time out from your ministry and seek out the true heart of God...hang up your robes, put aside your titles, come before him as nothing, and Be still.......

2004/9/14 23:53Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I have no problem about 'hoping' or 'praying'. My problem would be with 'believing'. I am a natural sceptic; I am not naturally credulous. I can be convinced in a second by a bible verse or a revelation to my own spirit, but I can't turn on 'believing'.

I have quoted it many times but I will do so again, tozer once stated: "That if an angel with the wing-span of a constellation came to me with some new revelation or message, I would kindly ask him for a 'reference' and if he could not provide one I would have to say sorry unless you have a 'reference' I cant accept what you are saying." (paraphrased from memory).

I think its a fundemental principle that there is a scriptural foundation in all the happens of God in this new covenant and even old. Jesus came with no "NEW" word but an old one claiming the fulfillment of it. Gods working in revival will never supercede the bible but open it up further and expand upon it. But of revalvance to this subject is the fact that a scriptural foundation in prophesies and claiming a 'massive' end time revival must be shown clearly.

Quote:
you will know from these postings how often I am in the majority. In fact, on the few occasion when I am in the majority I feel so uncomfortable I strongly reconsider my position.

Yes its suprising we haven't picked up stones yet with some of the things brother Ron has said :-P I have to admit its been hard to swallow some things but God ends up helping me see some of the truths that our dear brother paints quite wonderfully. But the fact is Ron still holds opinions that most would not agree to or at least not 100%, I am still at ends with a few of your conclusions Ron, but by Gods grace He will see me through.

I am personally praying for genuine revival and I pray and hope that God works in philedephia as other places with a genuine move of His Spirit. But I cannot under my convictions through my approval into something the Holy Ghost has not beared witness in my heart as of yet. The things you are stating Brother Rahman are not light and are of grave and serious nature for revival is an massive movement in the spiritual realm and has much years of prayers of old saints toward them. I really sense that God will send revival without anyone knowing the location.. It will become known but will start off unknown to the majority.. therefore the proclaiming it off the housetops doesnt agree with me. I say this in love and do wish and pray for revival whole-heartly but we must be so cautious in a day of counterfeit and forges of human and devilish origin.

Quote:
"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." - Jesus (Matthew 11:28-30)

Yolanda this is a great scripture and absolutely true but there is a burden of the Holy Ghost, prophetic burden that is weighty and carries with it the sorrows of the God-head. As ravenhill would say: "we give God our burdens but who does he give them to."

[b]Jeremiah 9:1[/b] - Oh that my head were waters, and mine eyes a fountain of tears, that I might weep day and night for the slain of the daughter of my people!

[b]Jeremiah 13:17[/b] - But if ye will not hear it, my soul shall weep in secret places for your pride; and mine eye shall weep sore, and run down with tears, because the LORD's flock is carried away captive.

But truly admist this sharing of the grief of God every believer has the rest of Jesus, His peace and grace. At times the burdens might seem overwhelming that you would have for a soul of an unsaved friend or family member, or for the situation of a backslidden church etc but God will always give an inward peace in the end. For the scripture says of the wicked that follow not God:

[b]Isaiah 57:20-21[/b] - But the wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt. There is no peace, saith my God, to the wicked.

Quote:
For whatever its worth I'm going to add my two cents.... From what Rahman has said it appears to me God was talking about starting revival in your heart...not in the physical church building. Revival will always start in the heart of an individual. If you want to be bold about this, take time out from your ministry and seek out the true heart of God...hang up your robes, put aside your titles, come before him as nothing, and Be still.......

Yes brother very well said and it speaks to my heart also. I promote a "revival" message from this site but truly God is desiring "revival" to begin with me, with you, with Rahman, individuals. Let it be so. Thank you for that word.

2004/9/15 0:19Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
Yes its suprising we haven't picked up stones yet with some of the things brother Ron has said

this was in my daily reading this morning...
Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets. (Luk 6:26 KJV)
Sounds as though I may be getting some things right.. :-P

2004/9/15 5:24Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy