SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : i Heard Him say, "My Final REVIVAL is Coming and it will Begin Here"!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Rahman

i Heard Him say, "My Final REVIVAL is Coming and it will Begin Here"!

Over 20 years ago (1983) our Lord spoke to me in a Holy Ghost filled service, the likes of which i've not experienced since, this word ...

"My final REVIVAL is coming and it will begin here"!

Since i recieved this word in the below posted church i took it to mean this church group;

MT. AIRY CHURCH OF GOD IN CHRIST
http://www.mtairycogic.com/html/home.htm
7800 Ogontz Ave.
6401 Ogontz Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19126
Bishop E C Morris - Pastor

Our Lord has really been impressing on me of late to not be afraid to NOW boldly proclaim what He told me all those years ago, and so i've begun to do just that to every saint i know, come in contact with, and thru this post on SI ...

Seems to me He's about to bring to pass my over 20 year burden, or i'm about to be proved one self deluded false prophet (i quake in fear at this thought) ... i pray ernestly for the former, and hope to God it's not the latter, but either outcome will be freeing to me, as my Christian experience has certainly not been an easy one in this regard ...

So in the meanwhile please pray for this pastor, this church, and myself, as the spiritual warfare associated with such an intention of God surely has Hell in an uproar ... and keep your spiritual ears atuned for the unmistakable rumbling of REVIVAL to come forth out of Mt. Airy COGIC, in the city of Philadelphia, Pa. ... Soon!

2004/9/13 13:33Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Re: i heard Him say, "My Final REVIVAL is Coming and it will Begin Here"!

He prepares a path for us to walk in, he gives us word of his wisdom to speak. Blessed be the Lord our strength wich teaches our hands to war and our fingers to fight. he is the light that gose before us as we are in the way. walk by faith. believe in the unseen not things that are seen. He will not leave you nor forsake you even he says to the ends of the earth.

2004/9/13 15:12Profile
moreofHim

Re: revival

Bro. Rahman,

I am in a hurry so this will be quick and maybe messy. I am wondering if this means something bigger than you think. The reason I say that is because the Lord showed me in a dream that a revival would be in a particular church I left (which is not probably the church at all because when he shows me a church building , it usually means His Church, not a particular church.

Anyway, in the dream i had , a former pastor that was similar to Wilkerson was in my old church and waiting for revival. I said, "it is not going to happen. You have prayed, others have prayed"... (because I believed that a revival would probably not happen as we expect it in a church at all) and he said "But there IS going to be one HERE!" I know i have told a little about this before. But I was humbled by his patience and humility to sit under a lesser pastor and in a lukewarm (for now) church and wait, he KNEW, that's all. But I am wondering if this means not any particular church but His church body..... or is He targeting certain church buildings like the one you and or have been in? My experience with this (and the same experience that St. Augistine had) was that when the Lord says "My church, or a church, He menat His church body. Even St Augustine mistook what the Lord said when He said "help me restore My church". Augustine thought it was the church he was in- and proceeded to restore it physically- then later understood what the Lord meant.

Just some thoughts to ponder...

In His love, Chanin

2004/9/13 16:10Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
So in the meanwhile please pray for this pastor, this church, and myself, as the spiritual warfare associated with such an intention of God surely has Hell in an uproar ... and keep your spiritual ears atuned for the unmistakable rumbling of REVIVAL to come forth out of Mt. Airy COGIC, in the city of Philadelphia, Pa. ... Soon!

Brother Rahman, I respect you and have enjoyed what you have to say on the site but truly the nature of revival is self-abasing and God glorying. Revival that takes the glory from God and has a sort of advertising to the body is a peculairity that has arisen especially in the 1990's and onwards.

As brother Len Ravenhill said: "Revival doesnt advertise itself, fire doesnt need too."

Its definetly possible that God is going to do a work at that church brother but the revival that I and others are praying for is a larger revival as brother Len would say: "doesnt have its origin in men, but in God, God born, God breathed, God sustained, Revival!" And as Chanin pointely out beautifully that revival effects the body of Christ in general.. it may happen in one place but it will be an inward work and usually wont associate a paticular building. Maybe you can give us more detail here?

2004/9/13 17:06Profile
Rahman

Re:

No Sister Chanin,

i hear Him saying in my spirit (even now as i write), exactly what i'm now boldly proclaiming ... His final revival is coming, and it will begin at Mt. Airy COGIC, in the city of Philadelphia, Pa. ... And when it kicks off, as brother Ravenhill said, "No one will have to announce the fire" ...

i've pondered the questions you've posed over the long years, and sought God about it, but no answer until just recent, particularly over this last weekend ... His unction to me is to boldly put the words He told me out into the universe, because once out, they will recieve His power ...

So far some have given me the fruit, flake and nut look, but i'm so used to that it doesn't bother me anymore ... But others have expressed their belief saying that they can feel "something" attempting to break out in Mt. Airy ...

The Bishop of Mt. Airy has just recently been made prelate over a 400 clergymen spiritual/civic orginazation in Philadelphia, men of different denominations, whom i'm sure Bishop sees this appointment as for one reason, but our Lord has shown me that it's for another, namely the calling together of said priests to repentant weeping between the porch and the altar, all together seeking God's face toward revival, re-awakening, in the calling together of a solemn assembly ... i sense something really devestating is about to happen in Philadelphia ... i can't say for sure just what, but it will be the catalyst to the bending of knees, and weeping and wailing ... i view the peaceful skyline of Philadelphia from afar everyday from the Betsy Ross bridge as i cross it from N.J., and i pray for the city everytime i see it, because i just can't shake this gut feeling that something really bad (literal fire) is in store for Philadelphia ...

Philadelphia, Pa. and the surrounding area is about to become the flash point city for REVIVAL, and it's gonna spread! ... Man, is it gonna spread! ... Our Lord has called me out, i'm answering His challenge, and i don't believe He's brought me this far, to leave me! ...

Time will tell whether i'm of God, or belong in a box Muselix ...

2004/9/13 17:07Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: i heard Him say, "My Final REVIVAL is Coming and it will Begin Here"!

Quote:
Seems to me He's about to bring to pass my over 20 year burden, or i'm about to be proved one self deluded false prophet (i quake in fear at this thought) ... i pray ernestly for the former, and hope to God it's not the latter, but either outcome will be freeing to me, as my Christian experience has certainly not been an easy one in this regard ...

Rahman
I can only presume you have posted this because you want some reactions. It is difficult, of course, because no one would want to jump to the conclusion that you have listed as one of only two options. If your logic is right and the only two options are...
1. He's about to bring to pass my over 20 year burden,
2. i'm about to be proved one self deluded false prophet
... I have to say that I am quite convinced that option one is not correct. Chanin has tried to suggest that you are mistaken rather than 'a self deluded false prophet'; I would hope you would consider this again. False prophets were in a steady state of false communion with contrary spirits and to be mistaken is not the same as being a false prophet.

I suspect that your desire for revival triggered your imagination and that the impression was, in your terms, a 'self delusion', but please do distinguish betweeen a 'self delusion' and 'a false prophet'.

And don't hang your whole Christian experience of this one event. This doesn't mean 'you are astray' and that your state is one of being a 'false prophet'; it simply means that this one event was a mistake. The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

I notice that Paul said 'we have the mind of Christ' not I have... There is great safety in a multitude of counsel; listen to what your brothers and sisters are saying. You don't always have to agree with them but you do have to listen to them. The man who won't listen because it questions his infallibility is a danger to himself and to his brethren. Your relationship with God and His people does not hang on this one incident and if you make it do so you will end up with an 'idol'. I have seen Christians become the slaves of such 'idols'. They worship and serve it to the exclusion of everything. That is not a burden from God; it is an obsession.

2004/9/14 5:47Profile
moreofHim

Re: final revival

Please, let's give Bro. Rahman some slack. It is all too easy for anyone to misunderstand the Lord's words. As I mentioned before about Augustine (and he still went on to be a wonderful saint for the Lord). I have to give Rahman credit for standing up for what he believes- this is extremely hard to do. If he is wrong then the Lord will show him and I am sure that he will be humble enough to admit that.

Once I thought the Lord was showing me to do do something (and it had to do with what I thought was a particualr church)and it turned out that I had mistaken the Lord. It was humbling but also I saw that I would obey the Lord about what to say (even though it was the wrong place :) I asked the Lord many times why He let me do that. Why didn't He make it clear to me before I went and made a fool of myself. To this day, I believe it was either a test of faith to see if I would go, or It was to show how truly human I still am :)

Either way, I am no worse off. I have learned to be rejected and learned to be obedient. And hopefully a little more patient next time. It's all a learning process.

Wouldn't we all be surprised if there was a big revival that starts in Philly. Who knows? I am for it, wherever it does start. I believe Wilkerson has been off with some of his 'predictions'(even though we won't formally call them that) as well but we still know he is led by the Lord as much as a human can be led. Unfortunately we are all still human and we will not get everything exactly right. I know I have missed the mark on a few things in the last 3 years, even though I have been right about most things that I feel the Lord is impressing on me.

Praise the Lord if a revival starts in Phila. and...
Praise the Lord even if Bro.Rahman is wrong for it will only serve to mold and shape him more into a humble man.

In His love, Chanin

2004/9/14 7:39Profile
Rahman

Re:

My dear brothers and sisters in Christ'

i thank you all for whatever you've posted in this regard, as i am taking it all in ... But let me say brother Greg and brother Ron that i've come up with every reason in the past why i couldn't be hearing what i'm hearing from God ... He wouldn't do it this way ... He wouldn't use me ... He certainly wouldn't use the church He's said to me ... i'm mistaken ... i'm delusional, and believe me i'm concerned about being deluded ...

Everybody that's looking and praying for revival has their own ideas about it, including brother Ravenhill, and i don't claim to be on his level ... All i know is that in 1983, as a newly saved saint of 5 years, i heard Him say in my spirit at that Holy Ghost filled service, "My final revival is coming, and it will begin here" ...

In retrospect i had no idea what a real revival was back then ... i'd heard the word, i'd attended so called "man inspired" all week revivals at churches, but it wasn't until our Lord's bringing me to SI did He finally explain to me what He means by Revival, and the one that i'm hearing about will be the biggest one ever, and final ... It's the word "final" that i find inspires the most disbelief, but when i pass on this word the Holy Spirit will not let me eliminate the word "final" ...

Bro Ron whether a burden, or an obsession, this thing i carry is heavy, and i'd really like to lay it down as i've been carrying it for some time, a belief that only i believe ... i've often wondered why God would give such a word to such a young saint back then, but i think i now know why ... Children believe ... If He was to attempt to give this word to me today, after my learning so much disbelief, i'd reject it flat out as indigestion ... But He didn't, He gave it to me when i didn't know any better than to not believe, and to even more naively blurt it out ... i remember when i first started telling folk back then what i'd heard God say to me, i got a real clear indication of why Joseph got thrown into the pit and sold into slavery ... His brothers didn't like what he was saying, after all who was he?

No brother Ron i didn't post this "word" for reactions from any of you, i posted this word because i felt impressed of our Lord to do so ... i already know the majority reaction to this word ... "disbelief" ... i've already did my Jonah on this, paid the consequences, and am still required to carry out this mission as a Jeremiah ... Our Lord has worked this thing just right in me for His presence initially filled me at a time when i didn't know any better, so that as time passed and i convinced myself that it wasn't Him talking to me, He'd come at me once again, out of the blue, with that same intense communion, and i'd have to admit it was Him again, and then He'd tell me the next thing ...

At the beginning of 2003 He told me to get my house in order, to gird up my loins, a conscious clearing out of and keeping out sin in my life ... At the beggining of 2004 He said to me, "Now is the time" , and this past weekend thru much spiritual battle He's told me to boldly proclaim what He said to me 21 years ago ... So i'm obeying because i believe, and i know that whatsoever is not of faith is sin, so if i am mistaken i know He'll forgive me because it's out of faith ...

And on the thing about being a false prophet brother Ron, i appreciate your attempted diffusing of my take on this matter ... But the bottom line is if i'm bringing forth a thus saith the Lord, and a predictive one at that, then if it doesn't come to pass scripture calls that/me false ... This scares me beyond measure, i don't take any of this lightly but the fire won't let me stay silent even when i want to, but rest assured that my whole Christian walk is not hinged on this word i got so long ago, my salvation is hung solely on Christ Jesus and His redemptive work at Calvary alone, and this word i'm proclaiming is but a by-product of that relationship.

Brothers Greg and Ron i do appreciate your counsel, and i do listen and hear you, but i also know there's a reason why our Lord started me out in 2004 with this motto;

"TO WALK ON WATER THAT i KNOW i CAN'T SWIM i'd BEST KEEP my FAITH FOCUSED SOLEY ON HIM"

Brethren, i'm outta the boat on this one, and it's just me and Jesus ... Amen

Sister Chanin,

as always i appreciate you and your words of encouragement, but in fairness to so many others we seem to have similar experiences ...

You posted;

Quote;
Wouldn't we all be surprised if there was a big revival that starts in Philly. Who knows?

Praise the Lord if a revival starts in Phila.

See, that's what has kept me going all these years in this regard, and is surely what has catapulted me in these last two years ... the positive possibility of "What if"? ... Lord, IF it be You then bid me come! ... Faith the size of a mustard seed ... There is a part of me that would love to disbelieve what i believe i'm hearing, it would be so freeing, but i can't disbelieve, no matter how hard i've tried, so only He can free me from this, one way or the other ... But don't be surprised when you hear of the REVIVAL that breaks out in Philadephia, Pa.

Quote;
and...Praise the Lord even if Bro. Rahman is wrong for it will only serve to mold and shape him more into a humble man.

And to this i say ... His will be done, on earth, as it already is in heaven ... in Jesus precious name ... Amen

2004/9/14 9:54Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
Please, let's give Bro. Rahman some slack. It is all too easy for anyone to misunderstand the Lord's words.

Hi Chanin
I was trying to do just that. In fact, I was trying to encourage Rahman to cut Rahman some slack. ;-)

2004/9/14 9:57Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re:

What shall we do with all the others who have heard exactly the same thing and are equally sure that they received such a promise regarding their own city or village?
And what shall we do with all those prophecies produced by travelling so called prophets, who operate like a tape recoreder - same prophecy in every new place they come to regarding the coming awakening. God must have become quite confused these days, never remembering what He has promised and to which congregation and city.
Lars

2004/9/14 10:01Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy