SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Bible Is Not A Jigsaw Puzzle

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Mattie

The Bible Is Not A Jigsaw Puzzle

"Reapproaching the New Testament: The Bible Is Not A Jigsaw Puzzle" by Frank Viola

http://www.paganchristianity.net/Pagan_Ch11.pdf

I encourage everyone to read this.

2009/9/2 13:08Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: The Bible Is Not A Jigsaw Puzzle

Dear Mattie,

This 'time line' approach is something that I have been struggling with lately. I want to see a graph showing when the books/letters were written, by and to included. Do you know of one available on-line? I will search and see what I can come up with.

We have gotten around the chapter/verse business by listening to audio readings daily. I follow along with the reading using Matthew Henry & KJV (in case there is something about which we wish more illumination). This is satisfying. We have been doing this for going on 3 years and we find we are retaining more of the message than we did from reading from a Bible. Don't get me wrong, I still read from the Bible, especially when I am studying an issue or point. I would not be happy without being able to lay hands on one. (Although, some day the Word of God may need to be written in our hearts, as it will not be available to read. Considering how blessed it is to live where it is possible to own a Bible, let alone - multiple Bibles.)

Thank you for your post,
white stone

2009/9/2 17:08Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy