SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Phoenix Pastor Tells Church He Prays for Obama's Death

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Phoenix Pastor Tells Church He Prays for Obama's Death

This is just pathetic. This pastor ought to be kicked out of the pulpit. Where is this taught in the Bible?? Where do we read of Paul praying that those in government would die and go to hell? If anyone ever had a personal reason to pray that it would be Paul!

Why doesn't he instead pray that God would save Obama and cause him to repent? Instead he prays he will go to hell?

Sometimes I just shake my head and wonder....

Krispy

[b]Phoenix Pastor Draws Protests After Telling Church He Prays for Obama's Death[/b]

FoxNews
Monday August 31, 2009

[i]A Phoenix-area pastor has started to draw protesters to his congregation after he delivered a sermon titled, "Why I Hate Barack Obama," and told his parishioners that he prays for President Obama's death.

Pastor Steven Anderson stood by his sermon in an interview with MyFOXPhoenix, which reports that the pastor continues to encourage his parishioners to join him in praying for the president's death.

"I hope that God strikes Barack Obama with brain cancer so he can die like Ted Kennedy and I hope it happens today," he told MyFOXPhoenix on Sunday. He called his message "spiritual warfare" and said he does not condone killing.

But a small crowd of protesters gathered around his church Sunday, calling Anderson's words "incomprehensible." And MyFOXPhoenix reported that the sermon, which has drawn widespread attention, led to death threats against the pastor.

Anderson's inflammatory message stems in part from Obama's abortion-rights stance.

In Anderson's controversial sermon, delivered at his Faithful Word Baptist Church in Tempe before Obama arrived for a speech in Phoenix earlier in the month, the pastor said he wants the president to "melt like a snail" with salt on it.

[b]"I'm gonna pray that he dies and goes to hell when I go to bed tonight. That's what I'm gonna pray,"[/b] he told his congregation.

The last time fierce opposition to Obama's abortion position drew widespread attention was when Obama delivered the commencement address at the University of Notre Dame.

The Anderson sermon also drew concern after it was reported that one man carrying an assault rifle outside the Phoenix arena where Obama spoke was a member of Anderson's church.[/i]

2009/9/1 13:04

Re: Phoenix Pastor Tells Church He Prays for Obama's Death

Sadly people look at this stuff and paint us all with that same brush. Lord have mercy. Keep praying remnant saints.

2009/9/1 13:22
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings Krispy

I read this last night and was so sad and angry afterwards. Sad that this man could be so deceived that he could ever think God would condone this kind of hate. Sad for those who this man might lead away from God with his hatred, and angry that real Christians will be grouped together with him. Real christian know that the Bible clearly tells us to love and care for others not spew hate. This preacher is guilty of murder in the eyes of the Lord and if he has any real understanding of what following Jesus means he will get down on his knees and repent. I do not agree with the president but this no way justifies this kind of hate. Hate that comes straight from the enemy and hell. We need to pray for Mr. Obama that he would repent and see his great need for Jesus. Is this preacher any less guilty of the sin that nailed Jesus to the cross, are any of us?

Thank you Krispy for posting this so that true Christians can stand up firmly against this kind of preaching and denounce it for the sin that it is.

God Bless
maryjane

2009/9/1 13:55Profile

Re:

I could be totally wrong about this but I think this could possibly be a masters of chaos technique. I watched a video of him at his church as well as his members. I also checked out his statemnet of faith. The whole thing seems very manufactured and fake. This could be an elaborate propaganda exploit to make christianity look more foolish. Now if it is real then pretty obvious he has transgressed the basic teachings of our Lord.

2009/9/1 14:38
theopenlife

Re:

It's true, the world will use such events to paint us all in the same shade.

Take heart, we serve Christ our Sovereign Lord!

2009/9/1 15:26Profile
Leo_Grace

Clearly this guy is a hypocrite. I wouldn't even believe that his anti-abortion stance is sincere. More likely he is trying to gain fame or notoriety at the expense of the true church.

2009/9/1 19:02Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi thingsabove...

Quote:

thingsabove wrote:
I could be totally wrong about this but I think this could possibly be a masters of chaos technique. I watched a video of him at his church as well as his members. I also checked out his statemnet of faith. The whole thing seems very manufactured and fake. This could be an elaborate propaganda exploit to make christianity look more foolish. Now if it is real then pretty obvious he has transgressed the basic teachings of our Lord.

That is interesting. When I was in grad school, our university hosted a symposium on immigration. People on both sides of the aisle were invited to share their views on immigration. This included members of the Minutemen Project, as well as people who were for "open borders" between the United States and Mexico.

During the meeting, some very wild people who claimed to be a part of the Minutemen group were shouting things that crossed the line on racial insensitivity. They were using racial epitaphs regarding illegal immigrants (calling them "wetbacks") and kept saying that "[i]Mexicans who are breaking and entering into this country deserve to be shot[/i]!" I worked at the University at the time, and I ended up calling the police to make sure that they didn't get too disruptive since the potential for violence seemed so high. Ironically, the Minutemen leaders on the panel were claiming that they didn't know who those people were...and were urging them to "shut up." The Minutemen leaders on the panel claimed that they did not support shooting anyone.

It turns out that those loud "protesters" were actually AGAINST the Minutemen...and using this sort of chaos technique to supposedly draw attention to what they felt was going on along the border. In other words, they were only [i]acting[/i] like they were Minutemen in order to bring ridicule to their cause.

I suppose that this could be the same sort of act. There are people who would stop at nothing to bring ridicule to those who disagree with them.

Regardless, this "preacher" really needs to meet the authentic Jesus Christ.

:-(

2009/9/1 19:35Profile

Re:

ccchhhrrrriiisss, good post I like how you checked with the minute men and they bore witness that they didn't know them.
Good job!!

2009/9/1 19:41
nasekom

Dublin,Ireland

Praying for that preacher's repentance.

2009/9/1 19:41Profile
jlosinski

North Pole, Alaska

Re:

I took a look at his website, it's the same dead *extreme* fundamentalist drivel that prides itself on an [i]un[/i]biblical doctrine of seperatism and straining at gnats. This mp3 sermon by Phil Johnson is an excellent critique of such ideology, it's the third sermon down on the list.
http://www.thegracelifepulpit.com/PJ-CDA01.htm

2009/9/1 21:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy