SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : delight in Gods word, from ps 119

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

delight in Gods word, from ps 119

while reading this psalm, it stood out to me how the author delighted in Gods word, and seeing we have a much better covenant then the author of this psalm had, our delight should be just as much greater as our covenant is better.

how easy it is to take Gods word for granted...

8191 [;vu[]v; sha`shua` {shah-shoo'-ah}
Meaning: 1) delight, enjoyment 1a) delight 1b) object of delight

8173 [[;v' sha`a` {shaw-ah'}
Meaning: 1) to stroke, be smeared over, be blinded 1a) (Qal) 1a1) to be smeared over, be blinded 1a2) to smear eyes shut 1b) (Hiphil) to besmear (of eyes), smear over eyes 1c) (Hithpalpel) to blind oneself, be blinded 2) to sport, take delight in 2a) (Pilpel) to sport, delight in, take delight in, delight oneself 2b) (Palpal) to be fondled 2c) (Hithpalpel) to delight oneself

I will delight myself in Your statutes; I will not forget Your word. (Psa 119:16 NKJ)

Your testimonies also are my delight And my counselors. (Psa 119:24 NKJ)

Make me walk in the path of Your commandments, For I delight in it. (Psa 119:35 NKJ)

And I will delight myself in Your commandments, Which I love. (Psa 119:47 NKJ)

Their heart is as fat as grease, But I delight in Your law. (Psa 119:70 NKJ)

Let Your tender mercies come to me, that I may live; For Your law is my delight. (Psa 119:77 NKJ)

I long for Your salvation, O LORD, And Your law is my delight. (Psa 119:174 NKJ)

from websters...

Delight
DELIGHT, n.

1. A high degree of pleasure, or satisfaction of mind; joy.

His delight is in the law of the Lord. Psa 1.

2. That which gives great pleasure; that which affords delight.

Titus was the delight of human kind.

I was daily his delight. Prov 8.

Delight is a more permanent pleasure than joy, and not dependent on sudden excitement.

DELIGHT, v.t.

1. To affect with great pleasure; to please highly; to give or afford high satisfaction or joy; as, a beautiful landscape delights the eye; harmony delights the ear; the good conduct of children, and especially their piety, delights their parents.

I will delight myself in thy statutes. Psa 119.

2. To receive great pleasure in.

I delight to do thy will. Psa 40:8.

DELIGHT, v.i. To have or take great pleasure; to be greatly pleased or rejoiced; followed by in.

I delight in the law of God after the inward man. Rom 7.

2009/8/30 15:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy