SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : an English, Reformed Church in Tokyo Japan or bible study group

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

In Tokyo the Christian community is diverse, but not divisive. I know of people from lots of faith traditions worshipping together--its funny how being in a foreign place draws together Christians from diverse backgrounds. Most evangelical and mainline protestant denominations in Japan freely interact with each other, more so than anywhere else I have been. Although the Catholics tend to keep to themselves--it is worth checking out the Sophia campus just to see what they are up to as well.

2010/10/12 23:30Profile
EverestoSama

Re:

Quote:
In Tokyo the Christian community is diverse, but not divisive. I know of people from lots of faith traditions worshipping together--its funny how being in a foreign place draws together Christians from diverse backgrounds.

This is the honest truth. And not only for Tokyo, but for where I am as well. This is the Spirit of the true church. My pastor is a Pretter. I'm anything but. I love the man though and we fellowship. When I go into a new church here to visit and say hello, I'm welcomed with more love an acceptance than I've ever even heard of in the west.

The Church of Japan has so many problems facing it, whether not it's reformed is hardly an issue. Why is it that most reformed followers I've met really only feel in fellowship with the other adherents to reformed doctrine? In all love, it's time to put that kind of divisiveness behind us. The church here has many more obstacles to deal with than this.

2010/10/12 23:36Profile
RedeemedgurL

Re: Tokyo Church??

Hi,

Did you ever find a good church in Tokyo?

2011/8/7 16:45Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy