· Text Sermons
    Christian Books
    Online Bibles
· Video Sermons
· Vintage Images
· Discussion Forum
· Help Support
· Contact Us

Share SI with others - Add a website link or image banner on your website or blog.

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Why does God need a blood sacrifice?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Why does God need a blood sacrifice?

I have been trying to find a good answer to this if their is on at all. I have looked and have not found a good answer. I need to know for myself and also if i preach the gospel someone might ask why would god send jesus to die on a cross, why does he have to do that, why doesn't he just forgive us?I have heard some great sermons on the cross and have a good understanding of that but now the reason behind blood atonement and why god needed this to be done is stumping me, anybody know the answer or know any good sermons or material on this.

2009/8/29 22:13Profile
anonymity

Re: Why does God need a blood sacrifice?

God cannot just forgive sins because He is just. If God allows a sin to pass without justice He is not fulfilling the Law of His justice. There are some things that God cannot do like be evil ect and being unjust is one of them. Though it may offend some that there are somethings that God cannot do. God cannot not be God...

Leviticus tells us that the life is in the blood. Therefore it has to be by the life and blood of Jesus being as a substitute for ours. An eye for an eye.

2009/8/29 22:31Profile

I have some ideas but sufficient to say that God required it!

God required that blood be spilt. To give up one's life through obedience is the ultimate sacrifice that one can offer anyone. Yes many people did die for king and country and even for God, but there is a difference in Jesus. His body was unique, it never sinned. It didn't come from man, it came from the Holy Spirit. He told Mary that it would be a "holy thing" that would be in her. His body was to serve the purpose of God to shed His blood for the sins of the people, this was done because God required it. To better understand this, it would be of great benefit if you read the law. Exodus, Deuteronomy and Leviticus. When you read the law, those animal sacrifices had to be without spots or blemishes, God was very particular because this is what He required. Perhaps in reading it you'll receive a revelation from the LORD.

These are one of those things that people will strain at a gnat and swallow the obvious.

2009/8/29 22:58

Re:

Quote:
Though it may offend some that there are some things that God cannot do.

This is not offensive in the least. However, God can do anything even the evil. There is one thing God cannot do and that is He cannot be tempted of evil. He does send evil as well as the good. The tree in the Garden of Eden was both Good and Evil, it was fashioned by God.

This is why we need to Fear God, not be afraid of Him but in deep respect we relinquish our understanding of what He can and cannot do in our lives. If evil comes our way, it was ordained by God to be so.

2009/8/29 23:14
jimp

Re:

hi, get a book ... blood covenant... Jesus cut a covenant for the Father and for man...when a covenant is cut the blood is mingled ... it is all about covenant...thus the new and the old.jimp

2009/8/30 3:08Profile

Re:

Quote:
Jesus cut a covenant for the Father

sounds unbiblical, can you explain further?

2009/8/30 12:11
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

So basically someone must be put to death for any sin, blood has to be shed. May i ask about david and how he was forgiven by god and he cried out for mercy, many of the psalms david is crying out to God for mercy, so what is the difference and how to we differentiate between the 2 ways of our sins being forgiven in the old testament?I am just wondering.

2009/8/30 16:24Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, who said ' if you have seen me you have seen the father' ... before abraham was I AM' ... I and the father are one' I do nothing lest the father tell me.' jimp

2009/8/30 18:34Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Quote:
I have heard some great sermons on the cross and have a good understanding of that but now the reason behind blood atonement and why god needed this to be done is stumping me, anybody know the answer or know any good sermons or material on this.

Watchman Nee wrote on the Blood of Christ in his book [url=http://www.ccel.org/ccel/nee/normal.v.html]The Normal Christian Life[/url], you may find this helpful.

Basically it is God's holiness and righteousness which demands that a sinless life be given for man. The blood is primarily for God and we must trust in His valuation of it.

In Christ,

Ron

You have said, Seek My face [inquire for and require My presence as your vital need]. My heart says to You, Your face (Your presence), Lord, will I seek, inquire for, and require [of necessity and on the authority of Your Word]. (Psalm 27:8 Amplified Bible)

2009/8/30 20:00Profile
Glenm

the scripture says without the shedding of blood there is no remission for sins onced I took three colored pencils blue,green ,red iset out to underline three different themes with a special color for each.the themes were covenant,sacrifice,and the shedding of blood.I stumbled into a revalation because I discovered where I had the blue I head the green where I had the green I had the red in othe words whre there is a covenant there also must be a sacrifice and where there is a sacrifice there must be shedding of blood these are the standards GOD ALMIGHTY set in place to have a permanent relationship with him without a covenant there can be no relationship and without a sacrifice there can be no covenant and without the shedding of blood there can be no forgivness of sin thats GODS prescribed way of comming into relationship with him and I am not about to improve on it thats why the blood.thank you for the blood we have been ransomed healed restored forgiven AMEN

2009/9/2 2:38Profile

©2002-2014 SermonIndex.net Audio Sermons | Google+
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival. | Privacy Policy