SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Does anyone know a church or denomination that studies the Bible?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
littlmermaid

Does anyone know a church or denomination that studies the Bible?

Hi,
I know that question may sound strange but I keep joining churches where I can't find anyone (except the leaders) who read the Bible. Don't get me wrong I know that teaching and beliefs of most churches are based on the Bible but where do you get Bible study? All the church home groups I've been to only ever have it very occasionally. We have discussions on christian themes and follow christian courses but it's not the same to me. I once lived somewhere where almost everyone in the church seemed to know the Bible, like they lived and breathed it and it was part of their lives. But here I just don't know how to find a church that does it in the home groups as a regular thing. It seems to make such a big difference in the quality of friendships you can have with other christians. Without it it seems like there's little more than there is to secular friendships.Can anyone please help me out? Is there a denomination I should be looking for? I live in South London.
I'd really appreciate some advice.
Thanks! :-)

2009/8/29 18:36Profile
anonymity

Re: Does anyone know a church or denomination that studies the Bible?

Calvary Chapel South London
http://web.me.com/rob.p/Calvary_Chapel_South_London/Home.html

One of the main emphasis' of CC is teaching the Bible verse by verse. I actually know some people that go to this Church. They used to go to Bible college with me. They are very on fire believers. I may know a couple others. They are actually on the front page of the website on the left. I can even connect you with them if you want.

2009/8/29 22:14Profile

You need to ask God to place you into the place He would have you go. It's not important if the place that He sends you is walking in the full gospel, what is important is that He wants you to go there. So I would continue with your Church Home group and pray that God leads you to the place that He would have you fellowship. Your going to get all kinds of conflicting answers here, saying, "go here" or "go there". Let God lead you, and stay put until you hear from Him.

God Bless as you trust Him.

2009/8/29 23:21
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Pop along the Cornerstone Christian bookshop in Clapham (St John's Hill). It is an idependant bookshop run by Brian and Ulrika. They are very selective on the books they stock and try to ensure they are all biblically sound.

You will get some good fellowship there and they have bible studies on the premises at least once a month (in the evenings I think).

2009/8/30 6:44Profile
littlmermaid

Re:

Thanks a lot. I'll look into those links. I am going to stay where I am but possibly join an additional study group :)

2009/9/4 16:26Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy