SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Jim Bakker Renounces The Prosperity Gospel As A Lie

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Jim Bakker Renounces The Prosperity Gospel As A Lie

Start listening at about 7:25 minutes into the video.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZEmPKj_EAI]Video[/url]

At about 25 minutes into the video I thought I was listening to David Wilkerson preach. It seems the Lord has truly given him repentance. I'm glad he renounced the prosperity gospel.

2009/8/28 17:43Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: Jim Bakker Renounces The Prosperity Gospel As A Lie

When he had the PTL Club on TV my husband and I were saved. I always considered that God can use anything/person to call us to Jesus. The unsaved are just as much in His control in those instances. While we were aware that we were not to follow Baker and his crew, we acknowledged their part in our salvation.

It gives me a very good feeling to read your post. Praise Jesus.

white stone

2009/8/28 18:26Profile
growingholly

WOW!!!!!!

may God be glorified.

2009/8/28 18:54Profile

Glory be to God Who is merciful in allowing us reccommisioning thru His Ministry of Reconciliation. I heard good things about Jim several years back, that he was humbling himself by submitting himself to Teen Challenge, engaging in the ministry of service and helps, scrubbing bathrooms etc. To me, that shows the Love of Christ, shows a man's heart via repentance, I just knew that the story would turn into a clean sweep for God, a victory for the ministry of Jesus and Him Crucified, but let me ask ya'll this; WHO are those people in the beginning of the video. Benny Hinn, I know and I fear for the man, if he doesnt get right with God, he will "go to his place", but who are all those other folk and what is the matter with them?

are they just stupid? or are they tools of the devil? I would be terrified to say what they are saying? I wouldnt say that junk anyway, coz its not the Scriptural truth, but Do they not fear/revere God? Havent they read their Bibles, and know via the Holy Ghost Who God is? or are they arrogant fleshlings? brute beasts? destined for destruction? I'm sure they THINK they're "right", but talk about going "off the rails"!!!! God have mercy of the poor hapless helpless sheeo they've led astray...just terrible, and I ask my self WHY? The Riches of Messiah are so readibly attainable, so simply articulated, they are free, but they arent cheap, they were purchased at the Highest of Price by the Most Holy of God. Why wouldnt anybody want them? Why would anybody adulerate them? Why would anybody be so foolish to play with God? Could Jeremiah have foresee our need FOR JESUS WITH THIS ONE LINE OF PRECIOUS SCRIPTURE:

9The heart is deceitful above all things,
and desperately sick;
who can understand it?

Praise His Name! GOD CAN!!!!

I guess the reason I wrote all of this is that I was promised , underi the leading of the Lord, a ministry, a parsonage, just a simple room in the Church really, the more frugal the better, and I was caught in between two sets of churches covetous over real estate. In faith I made a journey of 2,000 miles, towing my few possessions, a few clothes, my library, cut off ties to the entertainment industry, just alight with the prospect of co-labouring with Jesus, of regaining at what the moths had eaten, my secret prayer life, my intimate fellowship with the Holy Ghost, my precious benevolence ministries, feeding the poor both physical bread and the Bread of Life, Jesus. Of tarrying for the Baptism of the Holy Ghost, slone and in private with Jesus

and God forbid, I was not cross with my mentor, he was fooleed by men who attached more importance to mere real estate, than to the Rock of Ages. And it was nothing I did, no poor witness, nor casting a stench on the Lord. it was just God's will. I'm not even mad at these men who covet a mere building. I cant be mad at them, but I see why such men as Benny Hinn go off

the rails, they forget Jesus, they forget that the Son of Man is simple in His needs, I refere to His earthly ministry, and that is the ministry I wish to emulate, simple, frugal, pure, loving authentic, yet strong in Gods power.

Did this all stumble me? Yes. Permantely ? no, but to the extent that I need refurbishment, for I have sinned, The sin that brings death? No, but sin that needs to be addressed, handled, and be made right before my God and my Saviour.

For every door God closes, He opens another, and that is what has happened, but before I enter this ministry, I must be real with myself and with Jesus, which is why I need refurbishment and recommisioning, I fear God, I revere God and I love God, and I simply will not WILL NOT, play games with Him.

I long for the Baptism in the Holy Ghost, I long for the fellowship of the saints, and the ministry of the Word, so we can save JUST ONE MORE SOUL, so we can LOVE with pure Agape Love in Jesus' Name.........

I long for moment in Time and Time and a half like Isaiah had:
(D) "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts;(E) the whole earth is full of his glory!"[b]
4And(F) the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and(G) the house was filled with smoke. 5And I said: "Woe is me!(H) For I am lost;(I) for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the(J) King, the LORD of hosts!"

6Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a burning coal that he had taken with tongs from the altar. 7And he(K) touched my mouth and said: "Behold, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away, and your sin atoned for."

Isaiah’s Commission from the LORD
8And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for(L) us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me." 9And he said, "Go, and say to this people:
(M) "'Keep on hearing,[c] but do not understand;keep on seeing,[d] but do not perceive.' 10(N) Make the heart of this people(O) dull,[e]
and their ears heavy,
and blind their eyes;
(P) lest they see with their eyes,
and hear with their ears,
and understand with their hearts,
and turn and be healed."
11Then I said,(Q) "How long, O Lord?"And he said:"Until(R) cities lie waste
without inhabitant,
and houses without people,
and the land is a desolate waste,
12and the LORD removes people far away,
and the forsaken places are many in the midst of the land.
13(S) And though a tenth remain in it,
it will be burned[f] again,
like a terebinth or an oak,
whose stump(T) remains
when it is felled."
(U) The holy seed[g] is its stump.

b]Therefore beloved brethern, O unseen of face, yet not spirit, please pray for the holy seed that lays within my stump. I zealously covet and need your precious prayers, and know that I love you all in Jesus' love[/b]

your brother, neil

2009/8/29 4:04
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Never heard of Jim Bakker before nor what he teached. If he indeed was a prosperity teacher he now clearly is not anymore.

Years and years spending multiple hours in the Bible while in prison. Praise God that He still changes people today. :-)

2009/9/1 13:11Profile
Leo_Grace

"Jim Bakker Renounces The Prosperity Gospel As A Lie"

I sincerely hope that he has indeed changed for his own sake. But, even if the message preached by any man be scripturally true, I always have serious doubts about any self-anointed preacher who likes to use his own name as a banner to herald "God's" message.

2009/9/1 13:45Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy