SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : A couple questions about dealing with unsaved family members?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Kolombian

Colombia

Re:

Quote:
God placed you in that home to teach you, so do not fail in these lessons!

Ginnyrose, thanks so much for your caring reply. You're right in every statement you make, i appreciate the most the reminder of keeping God as my focus, and you're so right when you say He has placed me here to learn much!

Those verses also come often to my mind, and recently the Lord gave me a verse that can be related to those that brought me so much peace by knowing He is in charge, and that He must be my focus: Psalm 45:10-11, He put me into rest. :-)

Along with your reply to this post, i received a video today from illbehonest ministries... wow, this really gave me so much hope about my father!! He's just like the man in that video, thou he didn't grew up in a Christian family, but he's actual spiritual state is very much alike this man's testimony:
http://tinyurl.com/kodend

Thanks again Ginnyrose, God bless you and your son, as you said, 'God knows that he exist', he'll take care of him.
Love
Karen

2009/8/27 18:51Profile

Re:

HI Karen,

I appreciate the hardness of this trial. My wife and I had been married for almost 10 years when I got saved. In many ways I felt sorry for her because she literaly woke up and there was a different man in her bed. My change was radical and dramatic. From a drunk, drugged, womanizing "one of the boys," type to a sold out believer in the Lord Jesus Christ. That was 19 years ago. I'll admit it has not alwyas been easy, in fact, at times, despairing. Despite your Father being religious, your mom has the same set of problems, in fact, perhaps worse. My wife freely admits she is not a Christian and so in that respect it is less complicated. I am fortunate that I had my childhood as an experience of what it meant to have one parent a Christian and one not. My mother became a born-again Christian when I was 7 and my Father was a non-practising Catholic. He was also an alcoholic. My mom and him had been married for about 12 years when she became a Christian. He had never been violent in those years, but after she came to Christ all hell broke out. My mother was beaten countless times. Once even a broken jaw, many black eyes. In an effort to stop her going to a little pentecostal church, he even nailed out door shut with six inch nails from the inside. My sister and I helped to lower her out of the window. You can imagine what happened that night when he came home drunk. In all of that, I saw an incredibly gracious woman of Christ. Just shy of five foot tall but a spiritual giant. I saw the essence of love and forgiveness worked out right in front of me. She always taught me to respect and love my dad. She told us children that there was a battle for his soul and that God had proimised her his salvation. After 16 long years, seven times in hospital for my dad because of his drinking, the last time locked up, my father came to Christ, like everyone else, on his knees. So many people told my mom that she should leave him, including ministers, yet she followed the small still voice even although it defied conventional wisdom. The kind of love that I witnessed in that house was radical, because it was poured out on one who hated and was an absolute enemy to the cause of Christ.

Love and respect is easy for those who love and respect us. The real cause of Christ arises when we are hated for HIs cause and we love in return, this is the love of the sermon on the mount. The kind of radical love that people like Corrie Ten Boom lived. The kind of love that Stephen the martyr moved in or of course, the best example, our Lord Jesus Christ "Father forgive them for they know not what they do." You can read my testimony at

http://scottishwarriors.wordpress.com/my-testimony-lengthythe-valley-of-achor/

Its not short :).........Frank

2009/8/28 0:16
Kolombian

Colombia

Re:

Hi Frank,
Thank you so much for your loving words, i appreciate a lot your boldness and sincerity in sharing with us your testimony and experiences. I can see what a marvelous work my Lord has done and is doing in you; how He can transform a heart, how He can change all bitterness into forgiving love. God is GOOD. He IS. I have to recognize how by this trial I have being called by His Spirit to surrender my all, my self-righteousness, my desires and selfishness, GOD IS GOOD, He has His right timing for each work, and I am no one to ask Him why He delays. While He delays, I’ll rejoice in Him, I’ll seek Him hard, I’ll desire Him with all i am, He deserves my all, i am His, He is mine, i cannot robe Him. As the two Moravians once said: ‘He deserves the reward of His suffering’ and i am to be that reward, giving all, surrendering all, forsaking all for His own Sake. I want to be as those faithful servants of old, to wait for Him until i am full of His Spirit, to seek Him until i deny Him no more.
Lord glorify Yourself in your people. Reap the fruits of your labor in us. Purify us, cleans us for your Son. You deserve it ALL.
Thanks for your inspiring testimony Frank. I'll print it to read it better. Your blog has been a powerful tool of God to bring light into my heart, light and hope.
God bless you more and more
In His merciful love
Karen

2009/8/28 11:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy