SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is this stealing?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
notmyown

Re:

On a similar note:
My church has just elected a new deacon who is regularily doing more than the allowed hours with his employer and receiving the extra in cash rather than putting it through the books. No-one else seems to think this is a big deal as he 'has to provide for his family' and 'he is willing to leave the job if God leads him to something else'

Is it just me or is that stealing (and lying)? :-( I believe completely that its wrong but so many others are so complacent about it it staggers me!

2009/8/21 10:07Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Undeclared earnings is wrong, but you would be surprised how much is 'overlooked' in the eyes of Christians when things like this happen.

Like someone working a job, but still claiming benefits.

It is both stealing and lying.

Where has integrity disappeared to?

We have to ask, do we still retain our integrity?
Job 2v9.

2009/8/21 10:21Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
Is it just me

If in doubt, don't. Sometimes the reasons may not make sense at the time, but will later. I have always gotten in trouble for failing to listen to my doubts. And I suspect I might actually be a tad bit normal! :-o

ginnyrose

2009/8/21 15:02Profile
NoWhining

East Texas

Re:

A true Christian isn't a thief. Pray for her, but also warn her you'll report any further theft.

2009/8/23 23:00Profile

Re:

Since churches have ceased to teach the Bible... perhaps they might consider a course on ethics.

We should all look deep and hard at the "little sins" in our lives. I think each one of us would be surprised... and ashamed.

Krispy

2009/8/25 12:50
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
We should all look deep and hard at the "little sins" in our lives

And little sins grow big into monsters and will consume its victims.

ginnyrose

2009/8/25 14:26Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings krispy and ginnyrose

I have to agree with you, it is vital to our growth daily to search our hearts and ask Father to reveal those sins hidden there so that we might repent. Left to themselves this kind of sin is very much like a weed in a garden, if not dealt with it will eventually overtake the garden and choke off all life.

God bless you both,

maryjane

2009/8/25 15:29Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Right, Krispy! After all, it is often the "little foxes that destroy the vines."

A few years ago, I was riding in the car with some friends from Church. After the meeting, we went through a drive-through of a local hamburger restaurant. The guy paid for everyone's meals. The girl at the window gave us our meals and gave the driver his change. As we drove away, this guy realized that the girl had given him too much change. His reaction? "[i]Wow -- I have extra money! Look how God blessed me[/i]!"

Needless to say, I was shocked. I tried to talk this guy into returning the money, but he was "sure" that God had "blessed him."

:-(

2009/8/25 17:51Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Quote:
but he was "sure" that God had "blessed him.

The god of this world, eh?

2009/8/25 19:32Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Why is it that when money versus morals, that money always wins? Or so it would seem.

Psalm 139v23, "Search me, O God, and know my heart..."

If we were to ask that of God, we should really expect a truly fearful time, if we understand what the psalmist means.

Again in the same psalm it says in verse 7, "Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from your presence?

Where? Where indeed can we go from God?

Take time out to read Psalm 139, then maybe we might just grasp a glimpse of God's awesomness and realise that there is no hiding place from Him.

Do you still retain your integrity?

2009/8/26 5:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy