SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : The American Church ... Going into Exhile? ...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Rahman

The American Church ... Going into Exhile? ...

Dave and Gary Wilkerson, Dave especially so, are kinda funny to me in that before they prophesy they always add the disclaimer that their not prophets ... i guess it's their way of kinda seperating themselves from the fruits, flakes and nuts moniker that so many prophets are broad brushed with ... i do wish that Brother Dave would stop qualifying his strong word(s) from our Lord in such a manner, as it hasn't stopped most other Christians from thinking him a fruit, flake or nut any how ... Most preachers i know, who know of Brother Dave, think him teetering on sanity's edge ... Bottom line is even the tried and true prophets of old were deemed strange, peculiar, to the self proclaimed normal people of God, but truth be told a child of God is in deep trouble when he or she thinks of themselves as normal, and are in even deeper trouble when the world sees them this way ...

1Pet.2:
[9] But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Brother Gary has prophecied (even tho he doesn't want to call it such) in his sermon;

The Church In Exile (Birmingham Conference) by Gary Wilkerson
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=4736

That just as in Jeremiah's day, todays Church of Christ is about to be taken into exhile, in the sense that we're about to lose all that we've become used to, all that we've become so comfortable with ... This surely fits into what i hear our Lord saying to me ... "Judgment is coming"! ... And this is sure to be just as great a surprise to todays naysayers as it was to those in Jeremiah's day ...

These other sermons are well worth listening to also, and i do recommend them ...
Bro Greg has them linked at the beginning of this thread ...

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=2951&forum=25&1

Running The Right Race (Birmingham Conference) by David Wilkerson
The Fourth Tabernacle (Birmingham Conference) by David Wilkerson
The Cross-Centered Church (Birmingham Conference) by Gary Wilkerson
The Touch Of God (Birmingham Conference) by David Wilkerson
The Prodigal (Birmingham Conference) by David Wilkerson
Women Of Deliverance (Birmingham Conference) by Gary Wilkerson

A funny thing is happening to me, the more i see the fear of the world, and in particular the fear of my fellow Americans, and fellow saints, the calmer and more secure in God i'm becoming within, for i truly, truly believe that the worse things get, particularly in and for the Church, for judgment does begin with us first, the closer i am to hearing those angelic trumpets that will announce His second coming ...

Guess i'm just not normal ... kinda peculiar ... huh? ... '0)

2004/9/10 16:47Profile
moreofHim

Re: The American Church ... Going into Exhile? ...

Bro. Rahman,

Quote:

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a [b]peculiar[/b] people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light. 1 Peter 2:9

In His love, Chanin :-)

2004/9/10 17:15Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Re:

Yes Pastor Gary and Pastor Dave have such gentle hearts but the Holy Spirit was very convicting. The Cross-Centered church was a prophetic message as well and driven from Gary's heart. I laughed and cried during that message.

If you're concerned about compromise in your heart or life, the first message by Brother Dave is compelling. There can be no compromise.

The last message by Brother Dave hit on unbelief and the hairs on my arms are standing as I'm thinking about that one.

He who hath ears, let him hear what the Spirit is saying to the churches.

2004/9/10 17:23Profile
Spitfire

Re:church in exile

To me, it's funny that you are using the term going into exile. I see it as coming out of exile.
We've been in Egypt, the land of not enough. We've had to go through the land of just enough, to get to the place of more than enough. I had a friend (someone I consider to be a true prophetic voice) share something with me about a year ago. She said she was reading a story in our local newspaper. It was spring of last year. Here in the South, we had more rain than we have had in 10 years. There was widespread flooding. Anyway, she was reading this article in the paper about a local restaurant owner who had flown out of town. It was the week-end and he was trying to get home, but the local airport had grounded all flights. He rented a car in Atlanta to drive home, but he didn't realize just how much rain we had had while he was gone. As he drove around a sharp curve near his home late at night, he plunged into a raging river (formerly only a small creek). He was able to escape the car and make it onto dry land. The car was found when the water subsided downstream about 3 miles away! She said as she read this story, God began to speak to her. He said, the creekbed is the church, the car is ministry, the man is a minister. God said, "What I am about to do will be outside of the banks of the church and it will be beyond the control of any ministry or minister." As scary as a flood can be, I'd rather have my clothes washed off than wade around in ankle deep mud.

2004/9/10 18:19Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Hi Dian,

I think you're on to something here. When you say "outside the church" i am assuming you are saying the church buildings. Things can't be restored unless they are totally torn up and gutted out and renovated first. My Daughter even had a dream recently about Wilkerson's church (building) That the building itself was falling apart slowly, but that he was still preaching and his ministry was out on the street (or along the sidewalk). Very interesting. The whole point though was that it was outside a building. I believe the Lord is raising people up who will minister and restore God's church outside the traditional church building. (Not that it all has to be done that way.) Well, let me rephrase that: He is already raising people up to do that now. Many on SI (and other places)are perfect examples of that.

In Him, Chanin

2004/9/10 22:58Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Church buildings themselves are not the problem. Sadly though, many of those who have "come out" only to enter into a house-church type movement seem to forget that the living room of a home can be just as dead as services that take place in a specially designed cathedral. Without a doubt though, the Church needs to truly get outside the walls to thrive. But, to do that requires geniune Life. Such Life will exist even within the walls if it is indeed geniune.

2004/9/11 1:03Profile
Rahman

Re:

Spitfire you posted;

Quote;
To me, it's funny that you are using the term going into exile. I see it as coming out of exile.

i didn't use the phrase "going into exhile", bro Gary Wilkerson did, but i do agree with him in the way he explained what he meant by this, paraphrasing, "That just as in Jeremiah's day, todays Church of Christ is about to be taken into exhile, in the sense that we're about to lose all that we've become accustomed to, all that we've become so comfortable with" ...

What i see him meaning by this is that the coming American economic collapse will not only affect the secular nation, but Christ Church as well ... Mega churches will find it almost impossible (other than by special provision of our Lord) to continue in their money consumptive pace with so many of their members either being out of work, or having their incomes diminish to a point of much lower tithes and offerings ... This economoc exhile sort a speak will be one where Christ Church will be forced back to a first love basics of what Christ and His Church is truly about, for the whole prosperity heresy is about to be completely blown out of the water ... History seems to bear out that nothing gets Christians, Christianity and the Church of Christ on the right foot like judgment, exhile, material need and persecution ... Chaff falls off in time of need, and only true worship and worshipers prevail in and thru the refiners fire.

2004/9/13 10:14Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy