Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : writing prayer request

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
promises

writing prayer request

I am aware of a new trend for "prayer request" that I do not believe is not biblical; A "prayer box" is placed in the church and members are encouraged to "write' their prayer request and place it in the box. A member who is responsible for the intescessory prayer when he is praying lifts up the prayer box with the requests in it and asks our heavenly Father to honor those requests. No where in the Bible does it says to "write our requets." Does anyone have a comment.

Thanks

Promises

2009/8/13 18:42Profile
pende

Re: writing prayer request

Math 18:19 Again I say unto you, that if two of you shall agree on earth as touching anything that they shall ask (in Prayer), it shall be done for them of my Father which is in Heaven.

1 puts a thousand and 2 ten thousand to flight.

Our prayers are amplified and multiplied in unity with other christians. Remember the saints praying for peter and God sent an angel to release him because of multiplied prayer and unified prayer. To me it is scriptural. Write the vision and make it plain...If you are praying God answer what I am thinking in my head and not writing it out...You get more from precise prayers that believers can unite around! Just my thoughts...Be blessed.

2009/10/18 12:46Profile
Leo_Grace

I see no problem with this practice of using a prayer box. If anything, I think it shows faith in the power of God to know and understand what his children have written in those sheets of paper. In fact, I like the idea, since it allows for gathering in prayer for those in need, without publishing a gossip section for all to see. It also allows for brevity in payer, which is taught by Jesus in his Sermon on the Mount.

Remember that such prayers are petitions to God, therefore they are intended for God's ears, and not for those in the congregation who are itching for the latest "news" about others. Although the Bible does not state that we should write our requests, it does say that it is not even necessary to voice them out, because God knows what we need even before we open our mouths to pray.

[i]Mt 6:7-8 [color=CC3300]And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, [b]for your Father knows what you need before you ask him[/b].[/color][/i]

2009/10/18 12:59Profile
mackaymarsh

Does it work?

2009/10/18 13:34Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy