SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : really needed to understand what it means to fellowship with others

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rainydaygirl

really needed to understand what it means to fellowship with others

Is it possible to have "real" fellowship with other believers via email or like here on sermon index? Is it possible to have fellowship and times in the Lord with other members of your family or does that not count, do other believers have to be non blood family members in order for it to be counted as real fellowship? Something happened today that has really caused me to stumble, and while this may seem like a silly question its very important to me.

Thank you
rdg

2009/8/13 0:17Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re: really needed to understand what it means to fellowship with others

rdg,

I do think it is possible to have real fellowship with someone from SI.

About blood relatives...

Mark 3.33-35
32 A crowd was sitting around Him and told Him, “Look, Your mother, Your brothers, and Your sisters are outside asking for You.”
33 He replied to them, “Who are My mother and My brothers?”
34 And looking about at those who were sitting in a circle around Him, He said, [b]“Here are My mother and My brothers! Whoever does the will of God is My brother and sister and mother[/b].”

God bless,

2009/8/13 0:39Profile
rainydaygirl

Re: Confession

In my first post I wrote and said that I stumbled today. That is not the truth, I did more then stumble I lied tonight. I spoke with another sister in the body of Christ(no one from Sermon Index) and I lied to her. She and I have a bit of a history together that has at times been hard for me, but that no excuse for lying as I did. After our conversation ended I knew almost at once what I had done was sin. I knew at once that I had crucified Jesus with my sin against Him. I began examining my heart in this and I realize that I just wanted her not to lecture me, to just be able to talk with her and not feel as if I was being tested, but again that is no excuse for my sin.

I am so sorry Lord for sinning against you, for lying, for crucifying you with my sinful behavior. There is no excuse. I know I have come here to this place before and I know that I have cried these tears before, and yet here I am again. I stand before You oh Lord seeking Your forgiveness for the hurt I have caused You, for the pain I have inflected upon You.I am so sorry.My dear Lord, You who are so kind and loving forgive me...the beauty of who You are is demonstrated in all that You do for me and have done for me. Lord let there be no turning back to self living.

I know this probably seems a kind of strange post to share here, but this is all I have right now and I just felt I needed to confess this and pour it out.

Thank you for allowing me to.
rdg

edit: My original post I asked about fellowship because this is the topic that was being discussed at the time. I am learning that my way of doing things is not His way, I need to do more.

2009/8/13 1:15Profile
HeartSong

Re:

For what it is worth, I view fellowship as fellow-ship - as a fellow ship out at sea. While you may only meet each other every now and again, you are of the same heart, and in the same ocean, so therefore there is an understanding of each others circumstances as well as an ability to build each other up in Him.

2009/8/13 2:56Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy