Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Maturity

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Spitfire

Re: maturity

Hey ya'll. Is it ok for me to be baring my soul here in front of everybody? I mean, I don't care, but I don't want to hog the focus of this discussion. Anyway, Chanin, to address some of your comments,you said you think I probably know what it is that the Lord wants me to hand over. I think what is clouding the issue for me is how long I have lived according to this world. I'm trying, like you said, to imagine the what if's. And it ain't pretty! I'm scared. So, ok, you're right. I guess it's just like trying to jump off of something high. You just have to shut-up and jump! I need to quit whining. This is scary. I'm likely to lose my reputation. :-o Then I would have no one but God who knows what's really in my heart. Oh man! I feel stupid. Love Ya'll, Dian.

2004/9/10 16:22Profile
moreofHim

Re: scared?

Hi Dian,

I hear ya! I can sympathize (maybe it's empathize?) with you. Yes, we have to be willing to risk it all even our reputations. Jesus did this for us. We follow in His footsteps. We lay our lives down, pick up our cross and follow after our precious Lord.

Please don't feel stupid. This whole thing is the best thing that can be happening to you! The worst thing would be for you to go back on what you already know. God will give you the grace to go through whatever He wants you to go through. As I look back now, sometimes I would have rather died than thought i would have had to give up control of certain areas of my life. But I didn't want to hurt God anymore. I didn't want to tarnish His name and the name of "Christian".

You know, something in me made me be aware that I HAD to go through with it. When the Lord is calling you, HE IS CALLING YOU! :-) He is saying "come up here! Come up higher, walk this higher road that you know you are capable of. Glorify me in all that you do." He wouldn't be calling if He thought you weren't capable of going the full length of the journey. With His hand in your hand, walk on with Him. Let him lead you wherever He may lead. It may be a little rough for a bit, but you will never regret it! :-)

He is jealous for you. Be in awe of that! He wants you to Himself to lovingly mold and shape. Then, after a while He can hold you up and say "see, this is My child, a reflection of me".

Get in the quiet with Him. Ask Him what He wants of you. Listen and obey. There is no other way. :)

Many blessings to you,Dian!

In His perfect love, Chanin

2004/9/10 17:28Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re: Yep, Been There!

You're not alone. Who hasn't been where you've been? For me, the thing I've had to let go of time and time again were people. My goodness, it's heart wrenchingly hard sometimes! It's really easy to focus more on what you "think" you're going to lose, then on the GREAT fulfilling plans God has for your future if you just obey Him. I can testify that EVERY time I let go of what He asked me to, I was blessed and glad I did. There is nothing more rewarding than doing the will of the Father, though it's not easy and takes willingness.

"You may never know that JESUS is all you need, until JESUS is all you have." - Corrie Ten Boom

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength." - Corrie Ten Boom

"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you." - Matthew 6:33

2004/9/10 19:00Profile
carolyn

Re: in Him

in Him we live and move and have our being...
we look for our city whose Builder and Maker is our God...

You were in Him from before the foundation of the world...

Come on home, child!

Love,
Carolyn

2004/9/10 20:09Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy