SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : New Frontpage Design...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 New Frontpage Design...

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/newfrontpage.gif[/img]

I have re-designed the front page to make it more straight forward for the accessing of audio sermon downloads. Also I put more emphasis on the feature sermon and the archive of them.. its hoped when they are featured many will access the files, this will people find some good gems out of all the 5000+ files available now.

There are a few new features to be incorporated with this new design. One is the ability for someone to choose a featured sermon, I am going to make it so with a small donation to the ministry a person can choose a file (from the SI archive) they think needs to be heard by many on SI. So this gives the ability for people to share their burden with the community and at the same time help with the running and expansion of this ministry. I will be building the page where you can recommend a file shortly, the amount I am thinking is tentavily $10USD for a day. Usually if a sermon is featured on the front page for a day it gets between 50-150 downloads in that one day.

Also the featured sermon module appears on many other sites across the web.

I would love to hear any ideas and also feedback. I really feel that its important there is a somewhat of a pulpit on SI, I know many have commented that they download the files that I feature always.

2004/9/10 0:31Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: New Frontpage Design...

And one ascetic detail I have been wondering about was, is it better to have the entire site "centered" or "left" aligned. It has been "left" aligned always todate. www.sermonaudio.com is one site that has their site aligned in the center also www.oneplace.com

Here are examples of both views.. (note currently the site is like the first image):

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/front_l.gif[/img]

[b]or[/b]

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/front_c.gif[/img]

I would just like to get abit of intial feedback from regular viewers of the site. thanks.

2004/9/10 0:39Profile
lwpray

Sweden

This new design eliminates the possibility of misunderstanding the aim and object of this site.
We were quite taken by a comment in a recent article which was displayed in one of the treads. The author had difficulty finding the download section and was greatly disturbed.
By this design even the reluctant and unwilling will understand how in works. It is a compact site, full of facts – it has to be as the volume of material is immense.
Congratulations, brother Greg. . .
Lars

2004/9/10 1:23Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re:

The "left" aligned is much easier to read.
The character of the picture is more distinct.
The other alignment is perceived as a bit blurred and messy.
Lars

2004/9/10 1:27Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Quote:
There are a few new features to be incorporated with this new design. One is the ability for someone to choose a featured sermon, I am going to make it so with a small donation to the ministry a person can choose a file (from the SI archive) they think needs to be heard by many on SI. So this gives the ability for people to share their burden with the community and at the same time help with the running and expansion of this ministry. I will be building the page where you can recommend a file shortly, the amount I am thinking is tentavily $10USD for a day. Usually if a sermon is featured on the front page for a day it gets between 50-150 downloads in that one day.

Hi Greg
the new style looks good but I am uncomfortable about this particular aspect. I would far prefer your choice of 'sermon' for the day that what may well be the slant of folks with $10 a day to spare.

2004/9/10 4:55Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
We were quite taken by a comment in a recent article which was displayed in one of the treads. The author had difficulty finding the download section and was greatly disturbed.

Yes I have gotten this comment by many brethren and therefore found the necessity to rectify the design so that they would not miss the main object of the site.

Quote:
I would far prefer your choice of 'sermon' for the day that what may well be the slant of folks with $10 a day to spare.

Yes I would be featuring the sermon as usual but if a person [b]once in a while[/b] wanted to support this ministry and at the same time feature a message by their favorite speaker on SI then that gives them the opportunity. I just thought it would give the chance for that interesting interaction with the site, and also help raise support for this ministry to keep providing these growing amount of sermons and resources. Or is that something very uncomfortable? I would like to get more opinions from people overall also.

2004/9/10 10:44Profile
carolyn

Re:

I think the $10 is a good idea, I like the new format and prefer left side orientation as it has been.

2004/9/10 19:49Profile

Re:

I really like it!

Its really good to change things up once and awhile also. I get excited when sites I visit often change alittle bit and are updated

2004/9/10 19:57
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I think the $10 is a good idea, I like the new format and prefer left side orientation as it has been.

Great.. its been implimented and there is a new more straight forward support page.

Quote:
Its really good to change things up once and awhile also. I get excited when sites I visit often change alittle bit and are updated

Great, yes I think its nice to keep it fresh.. Also I think the changing of the header image quote more regularly than a month will help to keep the site feeling like new. Thanks for all the feedback.

2004/9/11 11:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy